TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread!

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Default TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread!

Alright guys, yesterday was the start of me getting back into shape. I don't want to be some Jersey Shore muscle head goon, I just want to be at a completely healthy weight and maybe even look good.

My calender is marked off, everyday I work out of do something, I get an X on the calender. Hopefully if I push myself this week, and get a full week of X's I'll be motivated to keep a chain of X's going!

I'm 171.8, right now. I plan on weighing myself every Sunday (and only on Sundays). Any words of encouragement would be great, keep me doing this, don't let me slack. Haha

In addition to what I'm doing I'm going to be working out with one of my friends occasionally, while he prepares for basic training.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I want to get down to 160. If I reach my goal I will post a picture of myself in my full aquacadet garb. Hahaha
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Хой!

I'd focus more on how you look and not how much you weigh. Muscle weighs more than fat, pounds and scales are for girls.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    I'd focus more on how you look and not how much you weigh. Muscle weighs more than fat, pounds and scales are for girls.
    Shh, you know what I mean. Haha, I do want to get down to about 160, though. I was 154 after high school, and this time last year I was 188. I am trying to get some muscle, though.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Start out slow, and be sure to stick to whatever you start, and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahHelfman View Post
    There would be a trick called a boner. you just kickflip and in mid air... POP GOES THE WHEEZLE! Youd just pull a boner out of nowhere.

Get a calender and mark down the exercises you plan on doing for that day. Keeps you motivated. If you're a soda drinker or anything sugary, now's the time to cut them off fully and switch to water. Try to add more veggies n fruits to your meals. Buy a good whey protein shake mix. If you don't have a gym membership or weights at your house, or even if you do have those, you can still get one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upp.../dp/B001ND04U4 It's not pricey at all and you can do a **** load of workouts with that at your place. That's just my quick two cents. GL. Just remember dedication gets you results.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

DJyoyoLilDyls

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    When you are building muscle, the first step is losing all the fat. So you will drop weight, and then you will start gaining muscle weight.

I think I explained that right?

idk, i was at 135 before the summer ended, then when i started my workouts and lifting, i dropped down to 120-125ish. Currently, i have regained about half of that. (130)

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownRon View Post
    Get a calender and mark down the exercises you plan on doing for that day. Keeps you motivated. If you're a soda drinker or anything sugary, now's the time to cut them off fully and switch to water. Try to add more veggies n fruits to your meals. Buy a good whey protein shake mix. If you don't have a gym membership or weights at your house, or even if you do have those, you can still get one of these. http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Total-Upp.../dp/B001ND04U4 It's not pricey at all and you can do a **** load of workouts with that at your place. That's just my quick two cents. GL. Just remember dedication gets you results.
    Haha, picked one of those up already. I'm too sore for pull ups now after the weight **** I've been doing. My ass is sore from my bike ride this morning, too. Got my calender already, and I'm charting my progress. Let's see how this all turns out. And thanks for the input Dmoc, and Dylan

Forgot to mention, I already cut out sugary drinks. I actually drink water pretty much exclusively. Being hypoglycemic has its ups.

Sail Hatan.

You guys are light as ****.

Turbo Raptor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
    When you are building muscle, the first step is losing all the fat. So you will drop weight, and then you will start gaining muscle weight.

I think I explained that right?
    Not quite, it depends on how you train it doesn't just happen automatically. You can put on muscle and not lose the fat and you will get bigger, but you're not gonna get that 'ripped' look unless you trim the fat too. However thats hard to do at the same time and putting on muscle.

If the aim is to trim up then really focus on what you're eating, aim to go to sleep feeling slightly hungry, you don't want that **** hanging around inside you while you sleep. Cardio cardio cardio yawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I went on a short bike ride, today. My phone said I went 1.62 miles and burned 67 calories. I looked online and apparently a mile of walking burns around 90. So, I'd be better off going that same route, on foot?

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    I went on a short bike ride, today. My phone said I went 1.62 miles and burned 67 calories. I looked online and apparently a mile of walking burns around 90. So, I'd be better off going that same route, on foot?
    That doesn't sound right. You should be burning more if you're riding. It only makes sense.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownRon View Post
    That doesn't sound right. You should be burning more if you're riding. It only makes sense.
    I found a nice route I might try tomorrow. 2.7 miles there and back. Just have to go adjust my seat so my ass can handle it.

Scrubs Nerd

I also weigh 171.8 hahaha, I weighed about 190 back in January so I'm doing pretty good. It's all about cutting out the **** from your diet and skating loads.

170 doesn't seem like a bad weight at all, I'm 6'2 and 165-168 so maybe height is a factor when you want a normal/healthy weight?
    Keep it Metal

How to Hardflip
    Skeeting all day erryday

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    I also weigh 171.8 hahaha, I weighed about 190 back in January so I'm doing pretty good. It's all about cutting out the **** from your diet and skating loads.
    Get on doing this **** with me. Haha

Skeeter, I'm about 5' 9. I'm not fat, but I'd like to lose a tiny bit more weight.

Scrubs Nerd

^I'm about 5'10-11 not sure.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Ate a little bit, waiting a half hour, then bike ride. I think I can extend my route I take to be 2 miles. Shouldn't be too hard.

I used to weigh 175 this time last year. I now weigh 155, i don't work out everyday. I just eat more greens (salads, yumm) and since it's hot as all hell outside now, whenever i skate i get a good workout and sweat it out.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by GoSkate View Post
    I used to weigh 175 this time last year. I now weigh 155, i don't work out everyday. I just eat more greens (salads, yumm) and since it's hot as all hell outside now, whenever i skate i get a good workout and sweat it out.
    Yeah, I hate the heat, but I'm glad I buckled down and started working out at the start of a heat wave. Haha, once the weather cools down I'll probably actually be excited to go outside. Just got out of the shower after my work out. I ache pretty much everywhere.

Supreme Member

Isn't 2 miles a bit short for biking? Isn't it over in like 5 minutes?! You should find a 4+ mile route.

2 miles is jogging distance.