TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread! - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread!

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by McCrank View Post
    Isn't 2 miles a bit short for biking? Isn't it over in like 5 minutes?! You should find a 4+ mile route.

2 miles is jogging distance.
    I'm in horrible shape. Haha. It's mostly uphill, and I peddle on the one downhill part (which goes straight to my house.) I do other stuff afterwards.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Хой!

Make sure you give yourself some rest days. It's ****ty being sore everywhere. Been in weights class past 2 years, taking it my senior year, too. One of the best things I could do in high school, after that you'd have to pay for a membership you wouldn't use to the potential.

Make sure you can straighten out your legs while riding. I hate riding low seats that give me that "I'm tall and I'm on a 13 hour flight with midget seats that give me no room for me legs" feel.

You can definitely lose weight and gain muscle at the same time. Swimming is also good, so if you got a local pool, hit it up.

:)

Isn't 2 miles a bit short for biking? Isn't it over in like 5 minutes?! You should find a 4+ mile route.

2 miles is jogging distance.
    I thought the same, I wouldn't cycle anything less than say 8 miles and I never cycle :/

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

You guys are monsters. Haha. Yeah, Vit, I adjusted my bike seat so when I was peddling my legs would fully extend out. I adjusted the tilt too, so I wouldn't get saddle sore. Going to try some longer rides next week. Got back from my bike ride today, then pulled a muscle in my back. Ffff. Maybe tomorrow can just be a break day.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Man, it's a good thing I love salad so much. A whole bag of the stuff is only 60 calories. One helping is 15. Toss some jalapeno slices, and tomato and bell pepper in, some light ranch. So good.

psn=Stusiano

I weigh a solid 155-160, but im like 6'0" or 6'1" so its not too bad. But Im so out of shape haha I cant do anything

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    I weigh a solid 155-160, but im like 6'0" or 6'1" so its not too bad. But Im so out of shape haha I cant do anything
    Get in my company thread, you bastard!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    Man, it's a good thing I love salad so much. A whole bag of the stuff is only 60 calories. One helping is 15. Toss some jalapeno slices, and tomato and bell pepper in, some light ranch. So good.
    Hopefully that wasn't your dinner

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by -Adz- View Post
    Hopefully that wasn't your dinner
    Nah, it was lunch. I still eat whatever happens to be made for dinner, I just don't gorge myself on it, like I'd like to.

Supreme Member

It takes time before the brain realises you are not hungry anymore. With this in mind and just regular excercise. You don't need to start eating salads and stuff to try and cut down on the calories and lose weight. Yeah eat salads for health reasons for sure, but if it's strictly because it's less calories then just don't.

Turbo Raptor!

It takes time before the brain realises you are not hungry anymore. With this in mind and just regular excercise. You don't need to start eating salads and stuff to try and cut down on the calories and lose weight. Yeah eat salads for health reasons for sure, but if it's strictly because it's less calories then just don't.
    People forget you need calories to live, and if you wanna put muscle on then you're sure gonna need to be putting some fuel inside you.

Personally I eat about 6-7 times a day, only a little bit, but it gives you time to digest it and not take in more **** that you don't need rather than smash in 3 big meals each day.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Supreme Member

Due to work I don't have the luxury of being able to eat 6-7 times a day. I read all the time on blogs and forums. "Eat 6 times a day!". When exactly am I going to fit in these meals? There is breakfest, lunch, dinner and then some. So if I work 9-5 one day and eat dinner. I have to fit in 3 meals between 8pm and the time I go to bed. And you aren't supposed to eat right before bed either?
    Yeah if you have a job that requires higher education, but don't require you to work(ALL OF THEM). You might be able to eat 3 times during work. But when you have a job that spares you 30 continiues minutes then it's not happening.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

I just eat the regular 3 meals a day, but the salads were mostly to replace the **** in my diet. I eat a lot of ramen, chef boyardee, and just random fast food. Had to put a stop to that.

Edit: Today was supposed to be my break day, but I ended up doing a 3 mile run.
    Last edited by TGIMUNDAY; 07-05-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Хой!

That's boss, TGI. 3 mile run, haven't done that in maybe 5 years, haha. The only running I do is weekly cardio in school's weights and run-ins for skating (I do those a lot for just about everything). Like, I can't just set my board down and push for a gap or something. Gotta be a run-in.

An easy way to start losing weight is to stop drinking calories (just get water). That doesn't mean you shouldn't drink milk, juice, etc. Just no more soda, coffee (some variations can have a ****ing brutal amount of cals, no joke), **** like that.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

No soda for me, never been a fan, that and I'm hypoglycemic, so sugar makes me sick a lot of the time. I was dying on the way back from the run, thought I was going to die. Got home, showered, I actually feel pretty decent, now. Going on a long bike ride, tomorrow. Should suck. Haha

Хой!

No soda for me, never been a fan, that and I'm hypoglycemic, so sugar makes me sick a lot of the time. I was dying on the way back from the run, thought I was going to die. Got home, showered, I actually feel pretty decent, now. Going on a long bike ride, tomorrow. Should suck. Haha
    Riding around can be more fun if are going somewhere, to a friend or something. I don't usually just bike around for no reason, but I bike to and from friends' houses a bunch. This town's got loads of bike paths.

I'd invest in a sweet bike than a car, probably. Not talking a 3000$ bike, either. But a nice single speed with some deep V's or something would be sick.

Supreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    An easy way to start losing weight is to stop drinking calories (just get water). That doesn't mean you shouldn't drink milk, juice, etc. Just no more soda, coffee (some variations can have a ****ing brutal amount of cals, no joke), **** like that.
    I think this is where all my weight gain has come from. Less skating and other active stuff and more time spent in front of computer and what do I do in front of computer? I drink stuff. Chocolate milk, lots of juice, soda etc.

I have consistent work hours the next 3 weeks. So I'm gonna get more jogging in and cut down on drinking so much coke and stuff. See what results it brings.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    Riding around can be more fun if are going somewhere, to a friend or something. I don't usually just bike around for no reason, but I bike to and from friends' houses a bunch. This town's got loads of bike paths.

I'd invest in a sweet bike than a car, probably. Not talking a 3000$ bike, either. But a nice single speed with some deep V's or something would be sick.
    Eh, the car thing is more important to me, right now. I've been selling stuff and saving like a madman, for a while now. My Walmart bike has been doing decent for me so far. Car means new job, further away, better pay. I'd love to get a new bike at some point.

I think this is where all my weight gain has come from. Less skating and other active stuff and more time spent in front of computer and what do I do in front of computer? I drink stuff. Chocolate milk, lots of juice, soda etc.

I have consistent work hours the next 3 weeks. So I'm gonna get more jogging in and cut down on drinking so much coke and stuff. See what results it brings.
    Yeah, didn't you start a thread similar to this a while back? Haha, every time I've tried getting in shape or losing weight I couldn't stay motivated, or I was too busy then I read something online. It's like if you have something set in your mind that you're going to do, do it every day. Every day that you do it, put an X on your calender. Eventually you'll have a chain of X's going and you'll just want to keep it going for as long as you possibly can. Fill us in on how you do with your plans, though. For all I care, this can be anyone here's get in shape thread.

Supreme Member

Yeah, didn't you start a thread similar to this a while back?
    Yeah and I kept doing some **** for 3 weeks and then I started to get ****ed up work hours and new vidya gaems come out etc. and some other personal **** that is personal. But I did cut back on a lot of junk I used to eat. So slowly in the right direction.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Yeah and I kept doing some **** for 3 weeks and then I started to get ****ed up work hours and new vidya gaems come out etc. and some other personal **** that is personal. But I did cut back on a lot of junk I used to eat. So slowly in the right direction.
    Hey, a start's a start. Keep at it, bruddah.