TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TGIMUNDAY's get in shape thread!

DJyoyoLilDyls

After close to 6 weeks of lifting and running almost everyday, i fell into this idgaf attitude. Must....get.....out....

:)

If you have the stamina you can try HIIT to lose weight. You may not be able to cope with it yet for it to be effective but say you have a 400m running track; you basically sprint 100, jog 100, repeat (or perhaps sprint 100, jog 200 repeat for ease?). By sprint, I do mean actually sprint as well and jog is a slow jog but not walking.

Repeat for a few miles if you can (or 10-15mins). Its not easy to do though, you will certainly feel your abs by doing this and may feel slightly sick if you push yourself properly.

Turbo Raptor!

Quote Originally Posted by McCrank View Post
    Due to work I don't have the luxury of being able to eat 6-7 times a day. I read all the time on blogs and forums. "Eat 6 times a day!". When exactly am I going to fit in these meals? There is breakfest, lunch, dinner and then some. So if I work 9-5 one day and eat dinner. I have to fit in 3 meals between 8pm and the time I go to bed. And you aren't supposed to eat right before bed either?
    Yeah if you have a job that requires higher education, but don't require you to work(ALL OF THEM). You might be able to eat 3 times during work. But when you have a job that spares you 30 continiues minutes then it's not happening.
    Yeah, to be fair though it doesn't always mean 6 cooked meals a day, I do massive shifts at work and can only usually fit in 2 proper meals, the rest is often things like a quick bowl of cereal or a banana and some other fruit, stuff thats healthy enough you can get down on the go.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

14 mile bike ride today. Tomorrow I'm resting all day. 9 miles in, on the way back I got a root beer float. Probably not the best idea, but whatever. Haha
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Хой!

Quote Originally Posted by McCrank View Post
    I think this is where all my weight gain has come from. Less skating and other active stuff and more time spent in front of computer and what do I do in front of computer? I drink stuff. Chocolate milk, lots of juice, soda etc.

I have consistent work hours the next 3 weeks. So I'm gonna get more jogging in and cut down on drinking so much coke and stuff. See what results it brings.
    For sure, man, I can drink so much for no reason, but it never feels like I got fuller/ate something.

Stay motivated, dudes. Working out/exercising really gives you more energy, although it sounds paradoxical. You'll have more energy since you'll be more fit, skinnier, muscley... By more energy, I don't mean after 3 hours of bike riding or something, haha. I mean, in general.

TGI, that's sick. My friend's dad bikes 80 miles a day or so. I wish I'm that active when I'm his age (he's like 50 or 55 or something). I usually bike instead of taking the bus, I guess I'm butthurt at my student pass being made useless. Well, it never worked in the summer, but it used to be free to ride during the school year.

Supreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by -Adz- View Post
    If you have the stamina you can try HIIT to lose weight. You may not be able to cope with it yet for it to be effective but say you have a 400m running track; you basically sprint 100, jog 100, repeat (or perhaps sprint 100, jog 200 repeat for ease?). By sprint, I do mean actually sprint as well and jog is a slow jog but not walking.

Repeat for a few miles if you can (or 10-15mins). Its not easy to do though, you will certainly feel your abs by doing this and may feel slightly sick if you push yourself properly.
    This is what I'm thinking I'll start doing. I am really out of shape so I guess I'll just jog normally for the first week and then see what's up.

Supreme Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    For sure, man, I can drink so much for no reason, but it never feels like I got fuller/ate something.
    It's just a really bad habit I have. But I've cut back some and alternate with water. Instead of drinking a whole bottle of soda, it's half a bottle and water. Because it's really the drinking that is the habit and not what I drink. It's just that soda and juice and stuff tastes better even if you drink a lot. But water starts tasting weird if you drink too much. At least for me. So it becomes this I need something to drink, bleh water starting to taste funny. SODA SODA SODA SODA D

As for weight loss I think it will be no problem cause the way I've been living and eating. You would think I would be 150kg by now. But I'm "only" 90kg and I've been 90kg for probably 2 years regardless of how much junk I eat.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

First week results are in. I've lost .8 pounds. Not even a whole pound. If any. I'm noticeably skinnier, though. Is it possible for me to have lost fat and put on an almost equal amount of muscle in a week? I'm only weighing myself once a week so I don't get discouraged. Today was a good example as to why I chose to do that..
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Хой!

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    First week results are in. I've lost .8 pounds. Not even a whole pound. If any. I'm noticeably skinnier, though. Is it possible for me to have lost fat and put on an almost equal amount of muscle in a week? I'm only weighing myself once a week so I don't get discouraged. Today was a good example as to why I chose to do that..
    That's hella good progress, actually. A pound a week? It should get easier as you go on. Muscle weight gain is probably slower than that, but you said it yourself, you are skinnier. Keep up the good work. What the hell would you do with your time instead anyway? Use time well, biking somewhere out in the country for 20 miles with some ice water and possibility of barbeque seems lovely right now.

Find some things do do around the house. Do some dips on a counter corner or two chairs, stick your toes under a couch and do some crunches/sit-ups/side crunches, do some pull-ups on the door frame thing, step on a 2x4 with your toes and go up and down, do some planks, push-ups, wrist curl something, stretch. There are plenty of body-weight exercises that are good.

Supreme Member

that's a little under half a kg. half a kg is what people aim for normally

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Thanks guys. I wasn't too sure. Most of my weight loss, or gain has been random, or I was sick for a while and just lost a **** ton of weight. Haha. I'm gonna keep up what I've been doing. No harm in it.

Have you been doing any core muscle workouts? That's huge if you're trying to lose weight and gain muscle. All your muscles in your body relies on your core. http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/core-workout-4

Even though you might seem disappointed only losing .8 of a pound, but at least you're on the right track. Eventually when you step up your routine, you'll shed more off.

Are all you doing is riding your bike right now? You should switch it up every other day from riding to running. Also, throw in some sprint exercises from time to time.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownRon View Post
    Have you been doing any core muscle workouts? That's huge if you're trying to lose weight and gain muscle. All your muscles in your body relies on your core. http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/core-workout-4

Even though you might seem disappointed only losing .8 of a pound, but at least you're on the right track. Eventually when you step up your routine, you'll shed more off.

Are all you doing is riding your bike right now? You should switch it up every other day from riding to running. Also, throw in some sprint exercises from time to time.
    I've been doing other stuff, yeah. I think I'll throw the core exercise in at night time, right before bed.

Edit: Damn, tried a few. They don't look that hard, but I'm already sweaty. Haha

Double edit: Picked 3 (ones recommended at end of article), and I'm going to do them after bike ride, before everything else, then before bed before everything else. Damn I'm sweaty.
    Last edited by TGIMUNDAY; 07-11-2012 at 03:17 PM.

:)

just do some V ups

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by -Adz- View Post
    just do some V ups
    ?!

Tomorrow is long bike ride day. Ffff

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Bike ride and morning workout complete. All that's left is the before bed workout and I have tomorrow off.

Ay, you should check out http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/ http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/workout.htm **** load of exercises and workout plans you can check out for what you want to achieve. They also double as a store and sell great products for cheap. Usually buy my vitamins and protein shakes mixes from here.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

2.8 pounds this week. Pretty happy about that! I've got all my workouts written down on my white board, doing them twice a day. Pretty happy with the weight loss, so far. I mean, 2.8 pounds isn't a lot, but I'm definitely glad I didn't get discouraged after only losing almost a pound at the end of last week.

Хой!

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    2.8 pounds this week. Pretty happy about that! I've got all my workouts written down on my white board, doing them twice a day. Pretty happy with the weight loss, so far. I mean, 2.8 pounds isn't a lot, but I'm definitely glad I didn't get discouraged after only losing almost a pound at the end of last week.
    Dude, holy ****! 2.8 pounds, no joke, that's huge in a week, son! Keep at it, that's so dope! Don't even have advice for you, seems to be working, whatever you are doing.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    Dude, holy ****! 2.8 pounds, no joke, that's huge in a week, son! Keep at it, that's so dope! Don't even have advice for you, seems to be working, whatever you are doing.
    Hey, the fact that you're checking in and commenting on it positively is helping me keep it up.