P2 decks (only people who have tried them please?)

Thread: P2 decks (only people who have tried them please?)

Default P2 decks (only people who have tried them please?)

Obviously..I'm wondering about these new P2 decks.

I searched this forum..but nothing came up.

First off..let me say...I'm not stupid...I *know* that every single "high-tech deck" that has been made in the past 10 years...have been no success. And they usually break very easily...or chip to sh**. Like the Lib-Techs did.

I have tried a few..like Lib-Tech...Impact...which sucked, and most certainly weren't worth a penny extra.

After I got a free FeatherLight board..I fully decided to never actually buy any high-tech gimmick for skateboards...*always* turns out to be a waste of money...or just the same damn thing as a regular deck..

But the only reason I'm interested in the P2 is because it's the *only* high-tech deck I have seen where pro skaters said they would not go back to a regular board...and basically vouched for the P2's. I mean...the whole Flip team is using P2s...Apparently Jamie Thomas is always riding P2s now. That says something to me.

Now I know that obviously they are sponsored by these companies so of coarse they wouldn't say anything bad about them...but in the past when a high-tech deck came out...no one vouched for them...no pros. Ya just had to try it yourself.

Second...im mainly interested because it is the first high tech deck I seen that actually made perfect sense. A core in the first ply of wood to distribute stress evenly....now that makes sense...and looks like the board would still feel like a regular wood board.

So...who has tried this ****? (preferably someone that can at least olli 3-4 decks high:/).

I wanna here the reviews of real skaters that aren't possibly being paid to say how great it is.lol.
    My Setup:
    ~Baker 7.75~~Thunder Cole Lights Low~~Spitfire Street Burners 99D 52mm~~Black Magic grip~

I'm riding my second P2. (Not second in a row though) Personally I really dig them for the only reason that the pop does actually last considerably longer. I've never snapped a board so I can't vouch for their strength and it doesn't make me a better skater or even make my ollies any higher. For me they are just a pleasure to ride for longer.

They've been hyped for a long time now so there must be something to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinecode View Post
    I'm riding my second P2. (Not second in a row though) Personally I really dig them for the only reason that the pop does actually last considerably longer. I've never snapped a board so I can't vouch for their strength and it doesn't make me a better skater or even make my ollies any higher. For me they are just a pleasure to ride for longer.

They've been hyped for a long time now so there must be something to them.
    Alright cool...because im poor, so getting a board that will last a little longer is what I'm all about.

Which one do you have? I only ask because I heard the Flip P2s are shaped weird....but im not sure what that means.lol.
    My Setup:
    ~Baker 7.75~~Thunder Cole Lights Low~~Spitfire Street Burners 99D 52mm~~Black Magic grip~

My last 4 decks have been P2s. They're very nice, stiff, poppy, and they last.

I wouldn't say they are worth the premium (I buy them at regular prices) but they feel great.

My next deck is going to be non-P2.

Im currently riding a Flip p2, the lance mountain vato 2. I like it it feels nice and stiff. But as others have said is it worth the premium i dont know. But my next deck isnt going to be p2 its going to be a Santa Cruz power ply.

I like P2's. The pop definitely lasts long on them. Only skated it once but I'll probably pick another up in the near future.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Thats Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Z!G View Post
    Alright cool...because im poor, so getting a board that will last a little longer is what I'm all about.

Which one do you have? I only ask because I heard the Flip P2s are shaped weird....but im not sure what that means.lol.
    He rides Creature P2's..

I snapped a p2, but it was my friends old one and it took me a while
    我很好,也我们不是

I heard they *will* break if you stomp on them and actually try to break it...but the chances of it breaking doing big stuff is far less then with a regular board.

Plus..when the Flip team was in competition...they never broke a board..pretty unusual for competitions according to the guy in video on the web site. which makes sense to me.

I think I may get a P2...the now is which brand.

I like boards that have nose and tails that are identical as possible.

The Flip boards have pretty symmetric nose and tails?
    My Setup:

Quote Originally Posted by Z!G View Post
    I heard they *will* break if you stomp on them and actually try to break it...but the chances of it breaking doing big stuff is far less then with a regular board.

Plus..when the Flip team was in competition...they never broke a board..pretty unusual for competitions according to the guy in video on the web site. which makes sense to me.

I think I may get a P2...the now is which brand.

I like boards that have nose and tails that are identical as possible.

The Flip boards have pretty symmetric nose and tails?
    If you're a bigger guy I'd go with the creature p2's. If not then the Flip p2's would be fine for you.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Global Moderator

I had a flip one, it had a weird shape on the nose, it was almost pointed. It lasted a little longer then an average deck, but it broke like any other would. I haven't had one since, it wasn't enough of a difference to spend any extra money on them.

i use to have one and they have a lot of pop and are very hard to break. i don't really notice the shape of boards. they are all generally the same shape unless you bring longboards and stuff into it.
    Don't be a dingus.

I've skated P2s from Habitat (2), Creature (2) and Flip (1). and based on shape alone, seeing as they are all made in the same factory, using the same wood, this is how they rank to me:

Creature>Habitat>Flip

Creatures have the big creature nose and standard tail, Habitats are more even, with big wide noses and tails; the Flip (Rowley Motor Pig) was a fat stubby sausage shape, I hated it).
    Last edited by Xen; 08-01-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Yeah. I've skated Creatures. The nose on any standard shape Creature is a bit wider. (I call it a shovel.) and that carries on to the P2's as well. I dig it. It makes your board look bigger than it really is.

I was really satisfied with a element push deck. Lasted about twice as long as a normal deck, but cost $100+. Easier to ollie on, and didn't feel dead after a week like most other decks. I might try a p2 sometime, but shape is far more important than a carbon firber gimmick.
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahHelfman View Post
    There would be a trick called a boner. you just kickflip and in mid air... POP GOES THE WHEEZLE! Youd just pull a boner out of nowhere.

Well...the thing is...years ago when I skated hardcore...I never really noticed shapes.

Every few months I would try a different brand board to see what was best.

But I don't even remember what I determined. I do know that I loved Bakers and Zeros because they lasted longer..as in didn't break as fast as some other boards...

But now that I stated skating again...in more focused in getting a board with "the right shape" for some reason.

I just want a board that has the most identical nose and tail..and the nose and tail to be slightly pointier then the standard wide nose...the Flip boards seems to fit that description...But so many people seem to not like them....idk....I just wanna to make sure I get a nice deck that fits my personal liking.

damn..if only there was a skate shop I could go to...but there isn't.
    Last edited by Z!G; 08-01-2012 at 06:51 PM.
    My Setup:

Flips are pretty good in my opinion. Anything that comes out of NHS distro is sweet.