What's bugging you?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's bugging you?

Default What's bugging you?

Just post whatever is bugging you that you want to get off your chest here.

Well, I recently went through my third heartbreak this summer. -_- A year long one, and two shorter ones.

It bugs me that my glasses are scratched and I cant see anything...every time I take them off and on again its hell...I will be able to afford a new pair soon enough though.

Additionally I work in an accounting department where everyone is like carefully dressed so you can imagine the pain of not feeling comfortable about what you wear on your face.

My boxers are itchy

*****'s annoying

wool boxers are the worst.
    I like my boards like I like my women, big, loose, and fast.

Quote Originally Posted by duhstee View Post
    I agree. My mom got me some last year, I never wore that ***** again. Soooo uncomfortable

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by duhstee View Post
    I read that as wood. Wood boxers would be very uncomfortable.

Also, it bugs me how great I am. Why? Why am I so great, when less fortunate people suck?
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

I'm bugged that my knees are ****ing killing me from skating. Oh well, I'm glad I found out what I was doing wrong with my ollies. I've been rocket ollieing all along.

I threw my back out on Monday, and can barely walk. I've been on the couch now for 4 days, using pain meds, muscle relaxers and ice. I'm really sick of not being able to walk or do anything!

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by SK8in'PJ View Post
    I threw my back out on Monday, and can barely walk. I've been on the couch now for 4 days, using pain meds, muscle relaxers and ice. I'm really sick of not being able to walk or do anything!
    That's the worst. I throw my back out a few times every year, completely at random. I'm too young to be having these problems! Haha, just did it again like a month and a half ago.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

It's pretty difficult to find work when you're a full time student. I sure am glad that my student loan covers my tuition though!

oh wait

no it doesnt

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    That's the worst. I throw my back out a few times every year, completely at random. I'm too young to be having these problems! Haha, just did it again like a month and a half ago.
    Yes, I did it about a year and a half ago. It sucks, especially since I have so much to do, and I can't even walk! Today is the first day I'm up and around a little, but I'm still sore and having a hard time walking.

Gravity Slave Moderator

This West Nile Virus epidemic is bugging me. I'm paranoid to let my kids play outside without spraying a ton of Deet on them. Can't Aventis make some kind of vaccine or something? Maybe next year we can better protect ourselves cuz this seems to be getting more and more pervasive each year now...

Oh.My.GLOB

It might lose the genetic arms race at this rate (highly unlikely).

More stringent vector control is probably a more reliable strategy than blanket vaccination due to the way the virus works
    "Hail Caesarean"

Gravity Slave Moderator

Vector control only prevents the spread geographically, why not also work on something to protect people that still get bitten by infected bugs? Most people that get it don't develop the really nasty meningitis stuff and never realize they even had it so there must be some immunity mechansism somewhere. They have vaccines for other mosquito transmitted ailments like malaria, yellow fever and typhoid. Why no West Nile? Have they even tried?

Oh.My.GLOB

The problem with vaccines for things like west nile (as i understand) is that the virus itself comes encased in non-viral protein from a previous host with viral glycoprotein that normally has lo-fidelity (error prone resulting in vast amounts of variation making vaccination really difficult as in HIV).

Also there is no effective malaria vaccine.
    "Hail Caesarean"

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DeadBlueSky View Post
    Also there is no effective malaria vaccine.
    maybe not, but they are at least trying...

http://www.malariavaccine.org/

I suspect the WNV setback is that it is so rarely actually harmful. If only 1-3 out of a hundred cases go bad and ti can't spread from person to person it isn't cost effective to vaccinate everyone. I still wish we didn't have to see or hear about all these folks dying... I'm afraid to let my kids play without spraying them, but I let them ride their bikes around in the street with cars.. Just "bugs" me about the bugs hahaha...

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post

This West Nile Virus epidemic is bugging me. I'm paranoid to let my kids play outside without spraying a ton of Deet on them. Can't Aventis make some kind of vaccine or something? Maybe next year we can better protect ourselves cuz this seems to be getting more and more pervasive each year now...
    Hei...my father lost his best friend from that, he was having a night out at the very center of Athens, Greece when he complained about getting bitten from many mosquitos. It only took 3 days to lose the battle and we are talking about a very healthy and active 70 years old...before that I thought that was a fake epidemic for us to buy more medicine.

It was unbelievable..

Quote Originally Posted by Njord View Post
    Hei...my father lost his best friend from that, he was having a night out at the very center of Athens, Greece when he complained about getting bitten from many mosquitos. It only took 3 days to lose the battle and we are talking about a very healthy and active 70 years old...before that I thought that was a fake epidemic for us to buy more medicine.

It was unbelievable..
    I think if that mosquito bites my grandma, he would die of her :P
    Proud to be Croat!

angry, young & beautiful

the fact that there is a thread called "what pisses you off" like 5 threads down and i'm the only one who is enough of a d.ick to point it out
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Quote Originally Posted by HighVoltageSk8r View Post
    the fact that there is a thread called "what pisses you off" like 5 threads down and i'm the only one who is enough of a d.ick to point it out
    This isn't **** that pisses you off, it's what's bugging you, where you can get **** off your chest and talk. I guess the thing that is bugging you COULD piss you off, but this is different. ...