Bearings ruined... anything I can put in them to make them spin just for a day?

Thread: Bearings ruined... anything I can put in them to make them spin just for a day?

Default Bearings ruined... anything I can put in them to make them spin just for a day?

My bearings are ruined... dirt and water got all in the front wheels, so two of my wheels barely spin. I don't have any bearing lubricant or anything, I tried cleaning the bearings with no luck. I already ordered some new ones, but they won't be here for a week and I wanted to skate today, does anyone have any suggestions of something to put in them that will make them roll smooth just for a day? I don't care if it ****s my bearings up now obviously.... WD-40, KY Jelly, just rinsing them with water before I skate? Any suggestions?

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Do whatever you feel would work. Blast them with some WD40, rinse them with water, blow on them with an air compressor..
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I've found soaking them in WD 40 or goo gone frees them up so they can be used again. Rinsing them thoroughly then lubing them after they dry thoroughly after that can get plenty of more miles out of them. It's a lot of work to save 8 bucks though..

Yeah, I'm just trying to make my board skateable for the next few days, I will literally put anything in the bearing to make them spin. I'll try the WD-40.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Stockholm View Post
    Yeah, I'm just trying to make my board skateable for the next few days, I will literally put anything in the bearing to make them spin. I'll try the WD-40.

Umm, WD 40 will be ok as long as you are trashing the bearings soon. But don't try "anything". Some kinds of acetone might compromise the urethane in your wheels and truck bushings..

Kill your brain

This will sound sketch as **** but it works.

Completely submerge the bearings in windex in a water bottle. MAKE SURE THEY ARE COMPLETELY SUBMERGED!! Stick the bottle with windex/bearings in the microwave and heat it up. Watch to make sure the windex doesnt overflow out of the bottle as it heats up. Do this a few times; the bottle will probably be a little melted, so when you do this don't like inhale the fumes in the microwave and leave a window open. Take the bearings out and let them air-dry. Also the bearings are gonna be super hot when you take them out, so be careful.

I've done this myself and saved some really messed up bearings.
    wubwub

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya. put a bunch in metal in your mom's microwave. That will be aaaaasums...

Kill your brain

hence the "keep it/them fully submerged part"...
    wubwub

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

What I do is just take a razor blade and take off the back shield of the bearings and just stick the razor blade between the retainer and the outer and inner race and take all the **** out. After that either clean with alcohol or relube with cooking oil since you only want to make them last for a few days.