Londoners

Thread: Londoners

Default Londoners

Anyone in London want to plan a session or something. I'm still a newbie and would just be interested in watching and learning people skating as well as getting some advice on improving my form. Plus it's alway better to skate with people.
    "When life gives you lemons - Flip life off and make orange juice"

Oh.My.GLOB

Where abouts in London are you based? Bay66 in Ladbroke grove has just re-opened with a full refurbishment/new layout and they run a dedicated beginners session on weekend mornings.
    "Hail Caesarean"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadBlueSky View Post
    Where abouts in London are you based? Bay66 in Ladbroke grove has just re-opened with a full refurbishment/new layout and they run a dedicated beginners session on weekend mornings.
    I live in East London to be specific. I was unaware there were skate lessons down at the bay. Definitely going to check that out. Thanks for the heads up.
    "When life gives you lemons - Flip life off and make orange juice"

Oh.My.GLOB

I found one of the best parks to just roll around and get a really nice feel for the board is the park in Stockwell near Brixton, there is a good range of stuff to skate but the humps and bumps are by far the most fun. Also the locals are generally very friendly.

Alternatively you have Mile End near you but that is basically just the old Southbank crowd so the vibe can be hit or miss there. The park in Mudchute is a fun little ride as well and I'd imagine it is quite quiet these days if you just want to lock in on a session for a bit. Alternatively there are the 2 parks in and around Croydon that are worth a look.

Honestly your best bet is just turning up and chatting to whoever is there, the London scene is generally pretty welcoming to everyone of all abilities. People are pretty quick to offer advice if you need it and it also breaks down a lot of social barriers and misconceptions.
    "Hail Caesarean"