New Star Wars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Star Wars

Default New Star Wars

Disney bought Lucasfilms a few weeks back. Since then they have announced they will be releasing new Star Wars films, episodes 7-12. This poses some concern as Disney has a habit of destroying good things, but they can also provide a huge budget that could translate to cinematic perfection. I have some mixed feelings on it. What do you guys think?
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

FuturePrimitive

The whole series has already been polluted by the disastrous three prequels which sucked giant amounts of baboon ass. They ought to remake those three with better actors and model-makers instead of computer graphics.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Many originals are on board including Hamill, Ford, Williams and Fisher along with Empire director Kasdan and Jedi director Kinberg. Lucas himself will be creative consultant. Its also been said that Jon Favreau is open to directing as well

The prequels sucked, the actors were sub-par for a made for tv movie. They did little more than poorly satisfy some story voids.
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

Deleted
    Last edited by XGer22x; 12-02-2012 at 11:52 AM.
    - Jeff Grosso

Scrubs Nerd

I dunno guys, Disney owns Marvel now and The Avengers was pretty damn good. Disney have always done good on the movie scene imo, music is another story.

Speed Junkie

I doubt there will be a repeat of Jar-Jar Binks....Yo Da Man was bad a55 and there was no way to do that with a model. I am interested to see how they fit the new movies into the existing book mythology
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

I'm just afraid they will be less "dark" as Disney tends to aim most of their stuff at 6-12 year old boys with a ton of merchandise...on the other hand, if some of the original actors + Lucas are still involved, it might have a chance...

personally I think they shouldn't do sequels. maybe a story in the SW universe in another time or place eg: there are other clans of dark jedi apart from the sith in the SW universe. something like that would be a welcome change or maybe a few movies about the great hyperspace wars & the sith empire > how it came to be there are now only 2 sith allowed to live at a time...

^
    now read this Lucas
    GG Allin was here...

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

The prequels were somewhat bad, but they weren't the horrendous mess everyone makes them out to be... that and I honestly thought Ewan McGregor was great as Kenobi. All that being said, I still think the original trilogy was a much better set of movies.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

FuturePrimitive

One of the coolest things in the original Star Wars series is that weird alien creatures would speak their own funky languages, and humans would respond with English after perfectly understanding the alien dialect. Then they bring Jar Jar's stupid ass on the scene with his idiotic quasi-ebonics baby babble and utterly ruin great swaths of the prequels. If they'd come up with emotive honks and whistles which just communicated Binks' reactions he'd likely be as loved as the Ewoks instead of the pariah he is.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Speed Junkie

I have a good friend who didn't let his 11 year old daughter see the prequals until she saw the originals, she said and I quote "Jar-Jar Binks is a stupid character"
    Last edited by Xgecko; 12-02-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

They shoulda script Binks as being from a the planet Piga Latina.

Speed Junkie

Jar Jar is the validation of the emperor's "humans only" racism

Mesa called jar jar binks, mesa shoulda been shota by a battle droid. Boom
    Hahaha
    - Jeff Grosso

Gravity Slave Moderator

Perhaps they could use him in the next Star Trek movie?

Last edited by NoSwitch; 12-02-2012 at 08:06 PM.

FuturePrimitive

Ensign Jar Jar, you're beaming down with Captain Kirk, Spock, and Scottie. Guess who's not coming back?

I think it'll be a flop, he should of left it as 4, 5 and 6, the prequels tied the loose ends, but they sort of forced it together :/
    Kickflips and 360 flips are ****

We were all off our faces on mushrooms when we recorded Plug In Baby... There was this big field next to the recording studio filled with them. So we ate them all. I don't know what we were doing, but we all ended up naked in a jacuzzi and I went deaf in one ear from falling asleep in the sauna... Matt Bellamy

New line nearly https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...if_t=video_tag

New Photo https://www.facebook.com/laurence.ev...type=1&theater

Scrubs Nerd

The thing that bothered me the most about the prequels was how Anakin fell to the dark side, it was kind of lame.

I thought episode 1 was pretty good, I admit it was the first star wars film I saw and I was 6 or 7 at the time, but the pod races were sick as ****. The darth maul threesome fight was pretty good too. Episode 2 was ok I guess. Episode 3 had some sick stuff, the obiwan vs anakin duel was pretty cool.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Speaking of Disney prequels, recently say a preview for Oz, the Great and Powerful. It's the story of how the wiz ended up in the Emerald City and became so powerful there. My daughter really wants to see it, son is moderately interested as am I.

Return to Oz was pretty good. It was dark and kinda weird, i liked it. Has a tim burton feel. I think he kinda based Jack Skellington off of Jack Pumpkinhead.
    - Jeff Grosso

GG Allin was here...