Think vs Mini Logo vs Other Blank Decks?

Thread: Think vs Mini Logo vs Other Blank Decks?

Default Think vs Mini Logo vs Other Blank Decks?

I'm in the market for a new deck and I want to try other decks because I've only been riding shop decks. I'm not sure if I can afford a Pro deck so I'm thinking of picking up one of the cheaper blank type decks. Anyone got opinions on any? Thanks! What kind of decks do you prefer? Pro, blank, or shop decks?

i had a minilogo and it was good but it didnt have much concave...but minilogos are definitely good if you dont have the money for a pro deck
    "Do what you love and try not to look at what other people occupy themselves with. Most people seem restless and bounce around too much to focus or even pay attention enough to themselves to figure out exactly what they really do love, as opposed to what the people that surround them are doing." -Rodney Mullen

easy... Shop deck! Support your local scene. Plus the MiniLogos are made in China and that is wack.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ColdLampnator View Post
    easy... Shop deck! Support your local scene. Plus the MiniLogos are made in China and that is wack.
    first post and good advice.

If you can't afford to support "pro" brands then the next best thing is supporting the shops by buying a shop deck.

Chillin'

Don't get mini logo. Mine lost it's concave way too fast.

KYS

Skate Pirate

Sad part is, they used to be made in the US. The cool thing that Minilogo has is their slick bottom. But yes, shop boards are rarely a bad choice.

Хой!

Mini Logos are OK decks, but I never felt the initial pop that much, and it was very average feeling. Stick with your shop decks. My shop decks are way nicer than Mini Logos and have a graphic.

Shop deck sounds good! What are your opinions if you had to choose between a shop deck and a pro model? Is it worth the extra 20-30 bucks?

Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    Don't get mini logo. Mine lost it's concave way too fast.
    I've never heard of a deck 'losing concave'00

Chillin'

Quote Originally Posted by TONY! View Post
    I've never heard of a deck 'losing concave'00
    Oh haha... I mixed something up there. I meant I got a raizor tail pretty fast.

KYS

Unless you find yourself looking at a killer graphic that you just cant live without, I would say It's NOT worth the extra $. Support local!

Minilogo decks are made in America in the same factory Powell decks are made in. I love the Powell I'm skating right now and the couple Minilogo decks I've ridden lately have nearly the same construction and feel. Powell put out a really ****ty product for quite a while. They've definitely improved their standards for decks. If I had the choice, I would probably buy the minilogo deck before I'd buy a shop decks...at least I know what I'm getting and some shops decks are total **** anyway.
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Mike View Post
    Minilogo decks are made in America in the same factory Powell decks are made in. I love the Powell I'm skating right now and the couple Minilogo decks I've ridden lately have nearly the same construction and feel. Powell put out a really ****ty product for quite a while. They've definitely improved their standards for decks. If I had the choice, I would probably buy the minilogo deck before I'd buy a shop decks...at least I know what I'm getting and some shops decks are total **** anyway.
    Nope! China. They made the switch sometime in 2012. We got one shipment in our shop made in USA...the next was made in Mexico...all the subsequent shipments have been from China.

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Mike View Post
    I agree that some boards are **** but if your local spot isn't doing well, it's shop decks will lack in quantity, quality and variety.
    Got 99 problems, being rich 'aint one.