favorite skater of all time?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite skater of all time?

Default favorite skater of all time?

Just post who your most favorite skater ever is... Mine is Rodney Mullen... (and I'm not just hopping on the bandwagon)
    "Do what you love and try not to look at what other people occupy themselves with. Most people seem restless and bounce around too much to focus or even pay attention enough to themselves to figure out exactly what they really do love, as opposed to what the people that surround them are doing." -Rodney Mullen

Bandwagon???? i've been in some local shops that looked at me funny when i asked about mullen decks. I'd say either mullen or mark gonzalez, but then again i'm from some lost era i think i got stuck in.
    Seeing mullen in person the first time was ART in my eyes, so fluid, so smooth, so refined........ Gonzalez was just a MONSTER .... i can't pick, hang me.

That's funny... but if you don't know who Mullen is you probably shouldn't be skating haha and Gonzalez is good too, but not quite as good as Rodney in my eyes
    "Do what you love and try not to look at what other people occupy themselves with. Most people seem restless and bounce around too much to focus or even pay attention enough to themselves to figure out exactly what they really do love, as opposed to what the people that surround them are doing." -Rodney Mullen

This is such a difficult question for me. Do i go Jay Adams/Tony Alva, the two whom turned skating down an aggresive path? Maybe Duane Peters the gnarlyest son of a ***** on the planet? Why not Salba, La Machine has been destroying coping forever. Hosoi?, Holmes is made skating about air and style. Lance Mountain perhaps, soooo many contributions to skating it hurts to think about, same with Cab. John Cardiel all terrain ruler, skater of all things. Gonz, Natas, Vallely, maybe Eric Dressen? Koston, Kahlis or the punkest guy on the planet Jason Jessee. The seldom mentioned and under rated pair of Spidey and Scott Oster. Pedro Barros kills everyyhing he can roll on. Jesse Martinez, or Steve Olson? Or that kid down the block that is so stoked cuz he just figured out how to ollie or just dropped in for the first time.

Ok what im trying to say is I cant pick. They all have something. So to answer the question all of them.
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

Definite tie between Cardiel & Hsu.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I haven't thought about skaters in a while. I guess of all time?? Peggy Flemming? **** Buttons? Oh how about Scott Hamilton!

What? Skateboarder???

Old School all the way....

LET'S GET WEIRD

^^^ Lol. Scott Fckin Hamilton all the way!
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Quote Originally Posted by XGer22x View Post
    This is such a difficult question for me. Do i go Jay Adams/Tony Alva, the two whom turned skating down an aggresive path? Maybe Duane Peters the gnarlyest son of a ***** on the planet? Why not Salba, La Machine has been destroying coping forever. Hosoi?, Holmes is made skating about air and style. Lance Mountain perhaps, soooo many contributions to skating it hurts to think about, same with Cab. John Cardiel all terrain ruler, skater of all things. Gonz, Natas, Vallely, maybe Eric Dressen? Koston, Kahlis or the punkest guy on the planet Jason Jessee. The seldom mentioned and under rated pair of Spidey and Scott Oster. Pedro Barros kills everyyhing he can roll on. Jesse Martinez, or Steve Olson? Or that kid down the block that is so stoked cuz he just figured out how to ollie or just dropped in for the first time.

Ok what im trying to say is I cant pick. They all have something. So to answer the question all of them.
    This is my favorite answer...

Todd Falcon is my favorite, always makes u think

Brian Anderson

He's like 7ft but makes everything look so smooth

angry, young & beautiful

andrew reynolds
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

That's a tough question. I guess It would have to come down to Tommy Guererro because of his influence on early street skating, Ray Barbee and Mark Gonzales for making it cool. Those guys are legends though. They paved the way for street skating. However dudes like Ricky Oyola, Bobby Puleo, Pepe Martinez, Harold Hunter and Jovantae Turner were my influences growing up skating. They made it cool to rep your spot, they cut out the bull**** that was going on with skating back in those days. So I guess if I had to pick a favorite it would be a tie between Harold Hunter(R.I.P.) and Ricky Oyola.
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

I like Mike Mo and Mikey Taylor. Steezus Christ is pretty chill too.

Thats Me!

Josh Kalis

Boss

Lil Wayne
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

FuturePrimitive

Impossible to choose. I like XGer22x's response. At the very beginning, there were so few famous pros that every skateboarder knew ALL the names. Since then it has spread exponentially, and there are so many amazing skateboarders it's impossible to list all the names off the top of one's head.

So, my "favorite skateboarder" these days is whatever incredible pro I happen to be watching at the moment. If I were to list the guys in the past who were my biggest influences, I'd say Natas Kaupas, Tommy Guerrero, Mark Gonzales, Matt Hensley, Guy Mariano, and Ed Templeton. Seriously though, anymore it's just put on whatever great pro video has just come out and prepare to have one's mind blown. So many guys are so ridiculously good. The Pretty Sweet video alone is state of the art skateboarding at its most ludicrously skilled and unfathomably gnarly.

Or I could just watch an old guy like Chris Miller skate the Vans combi bowl and absolutely own it. I see the big pic.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. –Aristotle

Remember, information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is the best. --Frank Zappa

Shane O' Neil, some of the tricks he does are mind blowing. Like the switch flip bs tail switch bs 270 flip out, and the 360 flip noseslide 270 heel out.

Хой!

I'll give you a top 10, how about?

David Gravette
    Guy Mariano
    Marc Johnson
    Eric Koston
    Mike Carroll
    Daewon Song
    Rodney Mullen
    Mark Suciu
    Brandon Westgate
    Andrew Reynolds

Gravity Slave Moderator

Nobody said Tony Hawk... Just too famous to be cool I guess.. I mean wasn't there a pretty long period of time where nobody could beat him in vert? Shaun White's going to have a similar legacy with snowboarders. Best there ever was at the time, while the sport was at it's peak in the MSM, but just too famous to be cool with the grass roots folks ever..

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Jay View Post
    Lil Wayne
    Gator!