Backfoot only on kickflips

Thread: Backfoot only on kickflips

Default Backfoot only on kickflips

Driving me insane I'm so close to landing them and they're clean as **** but my front foot never lands on the board only ever on the side or underneath the deck.

I'm thinking it might be that I'm flicking down rather than up or I'm just not committing.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    ( I'll upload a video of me trying some when I get back from skating)

angry, young & beautiful

try squaring your shoulders parallel to your board, if your shoulders are facing more forwards you will have a tendency to slightly rotate which leaves your front foot more likely to land backside to your deck
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Here's a few attempts:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r69vnjmxdodf59t/IMG_0610.MOV

Driving me insane

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Robsta View Post
    Here's a few attempts:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/r69vnjmxdodf59t/IMG_0610.MOV

Driving me insane
    haha i read the title as "backfoot only kickflips" like late back foot flips and then I watched the video and I'm thinking "well the main problem is he's flipping with his front foot..." then I reread the title and felt like moron.

As for you're problem, I can't help too much because I suck at kickflips but just keep trying over and over again eventually you'll figure something out.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

You are immediately putting down your front foot. You are flicking it correctly but just try to leave both feet in the air and just commit.

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    You are immediately putting down your front foot. You are flicking it correctly but just try to leave both feet in the air and just commit.
    Good to know I've got the flick down I was worried that I was flicking down which seems to be a common problem.

I swear I don't have enough time to flick my foot and bring it back though :/

^That first sentence is sketchy as **** lol

The board isn't spinning fast enough and your front foot is going to the ground immediately after flicking.

For the first problem, you need to have more elasticity in your flick. It's called a flick, and not a kick, for a reason. When you drag your front foot up the board you want to have it pretty decently cocked once it gets to the pocket, then you want your ankle to flick your foot out of the pocket to get the board spinning fast enough to get you to land.

For the second problem, you have to practice staying over the board and committing. Always commit both feet to the board, regardless of whether you think you'll get a land. Land both feet on the board always.

I ****ING LANDED ONE **** YES

best day of my life