24 Skateboards deck review

Thread: 24 Skateboards deck review

Default 24 Skateboards deck review

Recently purchased an 8.5 24 deck after the tail on my Brian Anderson, Purin 8.5 snapped off.

I was initially drawn to this company for it's low price point, Australian made and a one year free replacement warranty on snaps.

The deck cost $45 (AUD) with their own brand of griptape which is cheap in comparison to the local skateshop where you can pay upwards of a $100 for a pro model. After ordering online the it arrived 4 days later with the best griptape job I've seen from an online retailer (previously purchased decks from skatewarehouse and ccs).

First impressions: As I said previously I was pleasantly surprised with the griptape job apart from a small air-bubble near the front bolts. The board felt better crafted than my old girl deck and slightly lighter. The shape differed also, offering more concave and a nice full tail which I have come to prefer. The griptape is a lot less "grippy" than the mob on my previous deck. The graphic seemed reasonably rich in colour but by the end of the weekend most of it had been worn off from skating.

Performance: Light, fantastic pop with a great shape but the griptape wears off really easily and is not as grippy as I'd like it to be. The deck is constructed beautifully and is able to take a ****ing belting without chipping, denting or having any of the layers splitting apart (a problem that my old deck suffered from). That being said, however, I am pretty new to skateboarding and can't put it through the paces of someone more experienced.

In conclusion, if you're an Aussie and you need a new deck there's no reason not to try one of these boards. I found it better than most of the shop boards and blanks I've ridden and the free replacement warranty would be fantastic for those of you that break decks a lot. My only disappointment is in the durability and grip of the griptape but after riding mob for so long I'm probably just spoiled.

http://www.24skateboards.com/
    Last edited by Robsta; 02-05-2013 at 12:19 AM.

LeftLaneClosed

I won a board from their site, love it. Best board I've had so far. 4 months of having it so far and its still good. Its lost a bit if pop but I've left it in my car through the summer and winter so that was expected. Plus the one year no-snap warranty, its awesome. It cost em $44 to ship, and they paid it all. Tempted to pay the 90 for the board if mine breaks. Recommend em

Scrubs Nerd

I don't see them making much of a profit with a 1 year snap warranty. Unless they truly are miracle boards.

The griptape is the only problem with their boards, mine went smooth in a day. but they're still awesome, great concave and pop

They sound pretty decent I will have to check them out. I agree with kk360. It doesn't sound like they would make much of a profit but I'm sure they have some type of plan seeing as though they reached out to some of our regulars. Thanks for the review Robsta.