Gloomy 4th
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Gloomy 4th

  1. #1
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default Gloomy 4th

    It was a super gloomy 4th in my neck of the woods. These were all taken up in Carroll County, Virginia.







    When it's super gloomy but you are medicore enough at post-processing to make it appear as if it was a bright sunny day

  2. #2
    Global Moderator
    ben_larsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    These are sick! The one of the cabin is awesome!!

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    thanks dude!

  4. #4
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,815

    Default

    I like you trev, you're a good guy........Now enough being nice to you, screw you !

    Really though, cool photos, is that fog? why the hell is it so foggy? Sweet shots doe.


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  5. #5
    Global Moderator
    ben_larsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Really though, cool photos, is that fog? why the hell is it so foggy? Sweet shots doe.
    Is it not like that everywhere?

    We get fog like this pretty often here in VA, it even cancels/delays the schools sometimes!

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    I like you trev, you're a good guy........Now enough being nice to you, screw you !

    Really though, cool photos, is that fog? why the hell is it so foggy? Sweet shots doe.
    Yeah it just gets foggy like that out here. We get more rain and shit than vancouver does. We do get more days of sunshine, but when it's shitty weather here, it's shitty. You guys get that nice medium where it's like "Well it's grey but i can still function" haha!

    I hadn't seen it THIS gloomy in the middle of summer in a while though. Early winter, this is totally normal. Dead center of the summer, not so much.

    This was at 6 in the afternoon:



    The amount of general gloominess made the night time fireworks extremely interesting though. I was driving down the highway and it looked like the apocalypse for a minute, I suppose from all the light from the fireworks reflecting off all of the water in the air, the flashes were reaching so far. It was neat!

  7. #7
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    I think we must have picked the only mostly dry weekend to hit The Rock. Got a few sprinkles very late Friday night and some mist Saturday morning for the big climb. Rest of the weekend was pretty nice..

    At the top, just above the cloud deck.



  8. #8
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    It's trippy being there when it's total ground cover fog. I've been up there when it was so thick you couldn't see the trees below the rock or really even anything around you, it's just like a giant cloud like abyss and it's really crazy haha

  9. #9
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Yeah it just gets foggy like that out here. We get more rain and shit than vancouver does. We do get more days of sunshine, but when it's shitty weather here, it's shitty. You guys get that nice medium where it's like "Well it's grey but i can still function" haha!

    I hadn't seen it THIS gloomy in the middle of summer in a while though. Early winter, this is totally normal. Dead center of the summer, not so much.

    This was at 6 in the afternoon:



    The amount of general gloominess made the night time fireworks extremely interesting though. I was driving down the highway and it looked like the apocalypse for a minute, I suppose from all the light from the fireworks reflecting off all of the water in the air, the flashes were reaching so far. It was neat!
    Holy moly thats a sweet ass shot dude ! 6 pm in the middle of summer though?!?! Looks like a scene from a horror movie haha. I kind of want to get a camera and start going on adventures, i bet i could get some sweet shots in van.

    Noswitch, i like your head, it reminds me of the egg i had for breakfast


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Shorty's_Kid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,688

    Default

    Yeah man, the very first photo in the original post was at like 4pm haha. It was like, really abnormally foggy for the summertime. Stayed that way all day and into the night, i almost had to pull over driving home when it was dark cause it was that foggy AND started downpouring rain haha! could hardly see the lines on the road

    Come down here and hang with me a noswitch next time we have a hurricane inbound so you can experience REAL weather

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •