Future goalie??

Thread: Future goalie??

Default Future goalie??

Last week, Parker played goalie for the first time in one of his lacrosse games. He did so great!!! Out of 16 shots at goal, he saved 10! Not bad for first time! He saved one off of his leg, and went down. I know it hurt, but he got back up and continued. He's a tough kid! He loved it so much, he said that he wants to be the goalie when they get older, and play the same position. I guess we'll see if he changes his mind. LOL

Bounced off his leg

Cafe Fuzz

Very cool! Lots of kids are playing Lacrosse now. I don't know about Goalie though, as the kids get better, they wizz that ball fast. My neighbor put a hole in their wooden fence when he missed their practice net
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Very cool! Lots of kids are playing Lacrosse now. I don't know about Goalie though, as the kids get better, they wizz that ball fast. My neighbor put a hole in their wooden fence when he missed their practice net
    HA! Yeah he may change his mind after a bad hit. LOL He's been playing lacrosse sine he was 4, he loves it! He scored his first goal on Saturday, and had 2 assists. He usually plays defense, so doesn't score much........

Gravity Slave Moderator

Hockey goalie gear is super expensive. I always wanted to play goalie, but I suspect it was the financial obstacle that prevented it looking back. Does the league provide some like they do with baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Hockey goalie gear is super expensive. I always wanted to play goalie, but I suspect it was the financial obstacle that prevented it looking back. Does the league provide some like they do with baseball?
    Yes, they provide it all! Parker has most of his own gear, except his helmet. We just bought it here and there as we found it on sale. We bought him his own stick after his first season, and knew he liked it. So at least he could still practice at home. But, the gear is expensive, so we just got it when we could. The first few years, he used their equipment. I'm still holding off on the helmet, because he's still growing, and they're over $100!

I suppose if he ever DID become goalie, he'd probably want his own stick, but the rest would be provided. He doesn't have his own goalie gear, just regular....... (lax sticks are like boards......you do best when it's customized to you, and you're used to it......)

Boss

I wish my high school had lacrosse, never ended up getting It even though the hs a few miles away started It.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Your Mother

I've only ever played lacrosse once, it was fun, but none of us knew the rules so it was more random ball flinging than an actual match. It's good that Parker has a sport he loves and gets plenty of excercise in. I hope he carries on for as long as he can, and plays whichever position suits him

Scrubs Nerd

I always hated playing goalie, too much pressure even in a friendly competition. If the ball gets through the net it's your fault.

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    I always hated playing goalie, too much pressure even in a friendly competition. If the ball gets through the net it's your fault.
    I agree. It's either stressful (when the ball is coming at you) or totally boring, when everyone is at the other end of the field. LOL

I love lacrosse, best team sport there is. I played every field postion but never goalie. My best friend played goal, he said his best games he was almost in a meditative state. I still play here and there, for a season or so in a local mens league its so fun. Tell Parker to keep it up. Good job.
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    Everything is your fault. Get outta here.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by XGer22x View Post
    I love lacrosse, best team sport there is. I played every field postion but never goalie. My best friend played goal, he said his best games he was almost in a meditative state. I still play here and there, for a season or so in a local mens league its so fun. Tell Parker to keep it up. Good job.
    Thanks! I think Lacrosse is one of his favorite things, besides skateboarding. During Lacrosse season, he's obsessed. He absolutely loves it! He's also the one on his team who's been playing the longest. He does pretty good, and likes defense and goalie the best. He's more concerned about checking the other team, than trying to score. LOL But, when he's played attack, he's had quite a few assists, and some goals. He's smart enough to know his friend is a better shooter, so passes it to him. haha