Deck for freestyle

Thread: Deck for freestyle

Default Deck for freestyle

Just wondering what would be a good street deck for freestyle, mullen used an enjoi so I think ill get one of those. Any Ideas?

Oh.My.GLOB

This is the setup I ride, if the board width seems a little weird it is because it matches up with the wheels/truck combination I use in terms of width.

7.875 deck
    tensor 5.0 trucks
    seismic freestyle wheels.

Brand is a matter of preference, if you are using a street board for freestyle the best advice I can give is go to a skateshop and see if you can stand on a few boards and get a feel for them. Buying online is convenient but you risk getting something that is not a shape you would like simply because you can't see the details in a photo. Making sure the width of your trucks/wheels is to your liking is important too, if you are not using off set wheels then get a truck that is wide enough to be exactly the same as or just smaller than the width of your board (NEVER BIGGER) if you are riding with offset wheels you need to down-size your width.
    "Hail Caesarean"

you want a board with less concave for railstands and other freestyle tricks

Retired Staff

I've been using an Almost Mullen 8" that I've been digging on. Once I wear through that I'm thinking about a 7.75" Powell Kilian Martin though.

Oh.My.GLOB

They're both just normal skateboard shapes, nothing any other double kicked streetboard cannot replicate so long as the under carriage is properly balanced.
    "Hail Caesarean"