Something REALLY pissed me off tonight! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something REALLY pissed me off tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by mazonemayu View Post
    apparently none of you guys know your history

the reason Hitler used it is exactly for what it means; it stands for "prosperity" (in this context growth & victory) for the 1000 year Reich, so it doesn't have "two" meanings its just how most (ignorant) folks interpret it coz of the nazi abuse of it. and yeah, everybody knows most neonazis have **** for brains & they just copy what they see without thinking

on another note, I used to be that kid that carved swastikas in everything when I was small it was only later that I learnt its true meaning. as I said, its an ancient and very powerful symbol that has been used by lots of different cultures in the past (even the native american indians used it & that was long before hitler came along )
    Hey all,

If I may add my 2 cents on this issue.

Symbols have power exactly because it doesnt matter what our personal beliefs are about them, they carry a message no matter what we think.

Doesnt matter what the true meaning of the swastika is. If you put it on the posters of your presidential campaign you can be sure that people belonging to minorities are not going to vote for you. It is going to be hard for everybody to detach themselves from WW2 and connect the symbol to its original meaning.

On another note: why would a youngster spray paint it in a skatepark? Demoralizing imigrants sounds closer to our grim reality than painting it there so that it can make people more prosperous in terms of landing tricks more often.

Your Mother

The point about swastikas has probably been made above, but this is my 2 cents.
    Those kids might have known the meaning of the swastika, but they quite probably thought it was the Nazi symbol and it would be funny to spray it everywhere and possibly offend/annoy people. Even if they did know the meaning, a lot of people around them were probably uneducated on the symbol's history, therefore thought it was the Nazi symbol and were offended/annoyed.
    What I mean is that either those kids didn't know the meaning, or they knew the meaning, but either way, they must have known it would reflect badly on the skaters if they sprayed it everywhere because not everyone knows the meaning.
    There will be uneducated people looking at the skatepark thinking 'Those skaters must be a bunch of vandals with no respect... Blah blah blah'. And that's how we get bad rep, because someone else did something stupid without thinking.

apparently none of you guys know your history

the reason Hitler used it is exactly for what it means; it stands for "prosperity" (in this context growth & victory) for the 1000 year Reich, so it doesn't have "two" meanings its just how most (ignorant) folks interpret it coz of the nazi abuse of it. and yeah, everybody knows most neonazis have **** for brains & they just copy what they see without thinking

on another note, I used to be that kid that carved swastikas in everything when I was small it was only later that I learnt its true meaning. as I said, its an ancient and very powerful symbol that has been used by lots of different cultures in the past (even the native american indians used it & that was long before hitler came along )
    wow, you really are an idiot. I don't have time for this ****, I'll let you think you "won" this arguement. (what matters is what the people think of it now, if they look at it, the nazis took the meaning and made it their own and in modern times what it represents is connected to them. except for a few places in the world, right, but if you have no problems with swastikas, wear a t-shirt around antwerp, people would probably love you for it.)
    --

This is the title track from our first album, Victim in Pain, the song's also called Victim in Pain.

"ALWAYS SKATE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ...please"
    Andy Roy

you are the idiot here (if alone for starting to call names), you can't just "take" a religeous symbol & make it "yours". you can abuse them however...

as for those "few places in the world"; there are more people who whorship it for what it is, than there ever were nazis; there are however a lot of stupid people who don't know better...

and about the tshirt, I've actually worn a tshirt with a swastika on it for over a decade (I had to throw it away, coz it was completely worn down) & have never had any problem with it. same thing with my earplugs, worn swastikas too...never a problem (exept I'm not allowed to wear em at work, coz all religeous symbols are forbidden and NOT because they're "nazi").

it would become a problem if I were to wear something red with a white circle & a black swastika, or if it had something extreme in german written under it. this is the abuse I'm speaking of but apparently you sir can't think out of the box.

if I follow your logic, that would mean that the christian cross stands for evil, as it has been used exactly for that purpose by satanists through the ages...

oh yes, and its not about winning, its about living in reality & knowing your world
    Last edited by mazonemayu; 05-27-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Cafe Fuzz

Because of Hitler, the Swastika simple stands for nothing but hatred, plain and simple. I don't care of the original intend, it stands for hatred now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

it would become a problem if I were to wear something red with a white circle & a black swastika

Aaaaand this is where you contradict yourself. Thank you for trying to tell is what the real meaning of the swastika is/was, nevermind everybody already knew, and hdt continue ranting while you dismiss what has been said in this thread
    --

This is the title track from our first album, Victim in Pain, the song's also called Victim in Pain.

"ALWAYS SKATE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ...please"
    Andy Roy

яussian

oh yes, and its not about winning, its about living in reality & knowing your world
    The only ignorance here is coming from you. I don't see how you could possibly deny (especially living in Europe) that the swastika is widely known for its portrayal of Nazi Germany, and that 99% of people (ESPECIALLY in Europe) will NOT see it as anything related to hinduism. Yes, there a many people in the world that see it as a hindu symbol of prosperity (probably most of India and similar regions), but ask anywhere in Europe or the US, the swastika depicts Nazi Germany alone, a symbol of genocide and racism against millions.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    The only ignorance here is coming from you. I don't see how you could possibly deny (especially living in Europe) that the swastika is widely known for its portrayal of Nazi Germany, and that 99% of people (ESPECIALLY in Europe) will NOT see it as anything related to hinduism. Yes, there a many people in the world that see it as a hindu symbol of prosperity (probably most of India and similar regions), but ask anywhere in Europe or the US, the swastika depicts Nazi Germany alone, a symbol of genocide and racism against millions.
    swastika = sanskrit
    hakenkreuz= nazi

again > history

try typing in google "the swastika in not a nazi symbol"

Chillin'

Oh guys come on, can we go back to the topic? I didn't want to start a discussion with my last post.

KYS

Quote Originally Posted by SantaCruz View Post
    Oh guys come on, can we go back to the topic? I didn't want to start a discussion with my last post.
    ok, you're absolutely right; we all have different opinions, case closed

didn't mean to start a discussion

Default Something REALLY pissed me off tonight!

Just one last input. Meanings of words and symbols can and have changed over time. It's why scientist use Latin to classify species because the meaning can not change since Latin is a Dead language. Gay used to mean happy and TECHNICALLY still does. BUT in society today it means homosexuals and can be used In a derogatory sense.

The same thing can be applied to the swastika TECHNICALLY it is a peaceful religious symbol. BUT nazi germany has changed the symbol into one that represents hate and racism.

Quote Originally Posted by goldfishboot View Post
    there was really nothing to do but keep playing runescape

forever

until i die

just for the record im 17 (almost 18) and i wouldnt even think about doing that...
    "Do what you love and try not to look at what other people occupy themselves with. Most people seem restless and bounce around too much to focus or even pay attention enough to themselves to figure out exactly what they really do love, as opposed to what the people that surround them are doing." -Rodney Mullen

God

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Thats Me!

^seems to have a bit of blood in his stream, he really should get that checked out

Wow. Haha. Didn't expect my gripe about some idiot kids to go into a fullblown debate about swastikas!
    I'm a punk rocker and a skateboarder. Period.-Duane Peters

If you are not convinced that the contemporary Nazi meaning is as important as the original meaning, what made you feel entitled to spraypaint it anywhere? Why didn't you ask permission before doing so?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonahHelfman View Post
    There would be a trick called a boner. you just kickflip and in mid air... POP GOES THE WHEEZLE! Youd just pull a boner out of nowhere.

God

Better to be pissed off then pissed on.

End thread.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up