First Book Feedback?

Thread: First Book Feedback?

Default First Book Feedback?

I must admit this book has very little too do with skateboarding, but the element of the skatepark is based off of my local park and where I sort of drifted away from the skate scene all together. It's based off my own experiences with a few exaggerations for "dramatic effect". This is my first book (actually finished/published) so you can expect some mess ups here and there, but feedback is always appreciated. I'm not asking you to buy it, but to merely read the "Look Inside!" and give me advice. Thanks.

And if I put this in the wrong forum, I'm sorry.

http://www.amazon.com/Attitude-Bryan...=bryan+esparza

evil vibes

There is a writing forum. I'll give it a read. I like to call myself a writer, too.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

Gravity Slave Moderator

Guys I moved this thread to the writing forum.

evil vibes

So, i read chapter one. the style so far that I see is: You talking, but written down. It's an alright style, but I don't know if I would like to read it. Your voice is cool, but I honestly I don't know if I am interested enough to keep going in your story, because your story sounds like a lot of other peoples' story in high school.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
    So, i read chapter one. the style so far that I see is: You talking, but written down. It's an alright style, but I don't know if I would like to read it. Your voice is cool, but I honestly I don't know if I am interested enough to keep going in your story, because your story sounds like a lot of other peoples' story in high school.
    Yah I feel you on that. After reading it over a bunch of times, I only found few areas that make me "different". I feel their good but I'm the author so I don't think I'm one to talk. But yeah I can make connections to other peoples' story in high school but I also see it as a way to connect to the reader, in a way. Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it. ANd thanks for not being a dick about it like a lot of other feedback I've received today.