Music Production - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: Music Production

  1. #21
    Kill your brain
    andius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    I should have some stuff up in here soon, got some ideas running around my laptop but a lot need the drums and timings tightened up. My mic should be here this week to, I wanna get some of those hip hop beats with the heavy guitar going on. Run DMC-Rock Box style kinda thing.
    Excited to hear it man!
    wubwub

  2. #22
    Super Moderator
    MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    This christmas I got an audio interface so I have been fiddling around with that lately

    superbigpictureohmahgawd




    I've been using this + guitar rig 5 and it sound super awesome
    All I need now is a legit guitar, not this dumb strat ripoff; luckily my bass sounds really good with it

    Also got my hands on danny byrd dnb sample pack which sounds really good, highly recommended

    And today I'm making some space on my computer for cinesamples cinewinds pro library, the wind instruments sound so good, can't wait to try it out!

  3. #23
    Turbo Raptor!
    Snowjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ENGLAND *****ES
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,106

    Default

    The amount of times I zone out when I'm making loops or whatever and realise I've been listening to a loop for like 20 minutes or something.

    I listened to a 5 second sample in reverse the other day for about half hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator
    MikeM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Long Island
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,214

    Default

    Dude the same thing happens to me

    I make something that I'm really happy about
    and then I'm like "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I made this!"
    and I listen it to forever and nothing gets done

  5. #25
    Turbo Raptor!
    Snowjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ENGLAND *****ES
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,106

    Default

    Ha yep, I've ended up with loads of endless loops and not sure what to do with most of them.

    I also find I add too many drums, like you always think you need more and you listen to a proper song and realise how much simpler it is and have to scale it right back. Bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

  6. #26
    Kill your brain
    andius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Visionist has been my go to for drum/percussion inspiration lately, maddness:

    wubwub

  7. #27
    Kill your brain
    andius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    another percussion salad for you guys

    wubwub

  8. #28
    яussian
    Nitro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Amherst MA
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,092

    Default

    Been working on this with a friend for a while now. Finally releasing something, new years resolution #1 complete


  9. #29
    LeftLaneClosed
    RockenPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Currently in school I have to create 3 sounds with this thing, a smooth bass, bright brass with changing resonance, and something off the wall



    It's a lot harder than it sounds

  10. #30
    Turbo Raptor!
    Snowjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    ENGLAND *****ES
    Age
    31
    Posts
    5,106

    Default

    My electronic music kinda took a backseat, I've been playing tons of guitar and practising to play some gigs when my friend is back from travels in a couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

  11. #31
    Dr. Love STL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    ColoRADo Springs
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    I just bought a looper pedal the other day and it's all I ever play with. It's so much fun to do goofy little licks with.
    Every me and every Hsu.

  12. #32
    Kill your brain
    andius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockenPunk View Post
    Currently in school I have to create 3 sounds with this thing, a smooth bass, bright brass with changing resonance, and something off the wall



    It's a lot harder than it sounds
    damn.. I wish I got to do that in school..

    I love synthesis. Let me know if you need any tips

    I've been working on this little dubstep roller the past day or so, its still super rough:
    https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianarchitects/untitled
    wubwub

  13. #33
    LeftLaneClosed
    RockenPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Dude, I do need help, because this is pretty new to me. My classes this semester are

    Audio recording II (have to record a band and mix it, and record a school concert)
    Circuitry II (have to build something, im gonna but together a DIY stompbox)
    Critical Listening (have to be able to tell if a 2K Hz fq is boosted or cut, my fq's I have to know are 31, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k)
    Lighting and Staging (this class is a joke, all we've learned is the primary colors)
    Sound editing and Synthesis (so far we've had to make different sounds on a Gaia, mini moog, and XIL3)
    Live Sound Reinforcement II (learning to setup a stage monitoring system and how to repair cables)

    If you guys have any bits of info, I'd love your help

  14. #34
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockenPunk View Post
    Dude, I do need help, because this is pretty new to me. My classes this semester are

    Audio recording II (have to record a band and mix it, and record a school concert)
    Circuitry II (have to build something, im gonna but together a DIY stompbox)
    Critical Listening (have to be able to tell if a 2K Hz fq is boosted or cut, my fq's I have to know are 31, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k, 16k)
    Lighting and Staging (this class is a joke, all we've learned is the primary colors)
    Sound editing and Synthesis (so far we've had to make different sounds on a Gaia, mini moog, and XIL3)
    Live Sound Reinforcement II (learning to setup a stage monitoring system and how to repair cables)

    If you guys have any bits of info, I'd love your help
    Find a mega church with a big stage production and volunteer to help with the music and lights. You'll get exposure to all of that.

  15. #35
    Word. Caleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    I just posted a little loop snippet yesterday, if you guys would be willing to tell me what you think. Sample based.
    www.soundcloud.com/calebscalzo

  16. #36
    LeftLaneClosed
    RockenPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    25
    Posts
    4,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I just posted a little loop snippet yesterday, if you guys would be willing to tell me what you think. Sample based.
    www.soundcloud.com/calebscalzo
    I like it dude, it needs a thick-voiced rapper to jump in at the end hah

  17. #37
    Word. Caleb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    23
    Posts
    2,749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockenPunk View Post
    I like it dude, it needs a thick-voiced rapper to jump in at the end hah
    appreciate the listen man!

  18. #38
    WelcomeToWhiteCastleBitch cdragon1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,089

    Default

    Dude that sounds like a perfect biggie beat right there
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

  19. #39
    Kill your brain
    andius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,905

    Default

    Spent my sunday with some analog toys. Always nice to work outside the computer once in a while



    Heres a newish bit from myself, 100% analog synth and drum programming on this one.
    https://soundcloud.com/cyclopianmixe...n-corridor-wip


    @caleb: that loop sounds nice, post it up if you work on it more/extend it into a full tune
    wubwub

  20. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    2

    Default Music Production

    Hey Guys I want to get into music Production. I have 350 pounds to spend 444. So far I have Ableton live 9 and a macbook air. It would be great if you could help. Thanks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •