My Freestyle

Thread: My Freestyle

Rusty_Berrings

Default My Freestyle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mxr6...ature=youtu.be

I'd walk the dog, but it tears my soles up too much.

Retired Staff

Not a bad start. It's cool to see younger skaters taking up freestyle.

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

For walk the dogs, why not have a circle cut into your grip in the middle so your foot is rotating on the bare board, instead? Less wear on yo shoes.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Retired Staff

On my next board I'm thinking about putting about a 6 inch strip of smoother griptape in the middle of the board to ease the wear.

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

For my next board I need a legit freestyle setup. Haha. Side set wheels at the same height as the board's rails.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Retired Staff

I just got a nice set of wheels off eBay. Sellers name is dxsxfx. The business card that came with them is Samantha Cheng VP Decomposed Skates. She's a hottie too.

Sorry to derail the thread.

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I just got a nice set off eBay. Sellers name is dxsxfx. The business card that came with them is Samantha Cheng VP Decomposed Skates. She's a hottie too.

Sorry to derail the thread.

C/S,
    Rev J
    Ah, I've heard of Decomposed. I'm going to look into this. Posi rep for you!

Super Moderator

Yeah not bad man, digging the cooperflips
    You seem a little nervous, hah

As for buying on ebay, errrmmm I'm always super weary about that. I hear stories of people who buy boards and the graphic comes off the board like paper.
    It's like counterfeit skateboarding
    But hey if there's any relation to legit shops then try it out

decomposedsk8 wheels for life yo

Retired Staff

The cool thing is that the seller is indeed connected to Decomposed, and Decomposed is kind of a bitch to order from. First you have to sent them an e-mail to see if they have what you were interested in in stock, then wait for the return e-mail that will also tell you shipping. Plus ordering them off eBay I got them for $10 cheaper.

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

Not a bad start. It's cool to see younger skaters taking up freestyle.
    Thank you! I tried to get my front foot onto the top truck during the truckstand but it didn't happen. I saw a video of Pierre Andre somewhere online where he has both feet on the top truck for a second that I think is brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    For walk the dogs, why not have a circle cut into your grip in the middle so your foot is rotating on the bare board, instead? Less wear on yo shoes.
    I think most of the decks I've had would be a little slippery and might flyout from under my feet without grip, I mostly just street skate anyway.

On my next board I'm thinking about putting about a 6 inch strip of smoother griptape in the middle of the board to ease the wear.
    This is genius. Will do this as well if I can locate some softer grip next time I'm putting a board together.

I just got a nice set of wheels off eBay. Sellers name is dxsxfx. The business card that came with them is Samantha Cheng VP Decomposed Skates.
    Nice, which ones are you using? The wheels I'm on in the video are the 50mm economical ones he (Witter Cheng, assuming that's Samantha's husband) sent me. "Pile of Skulls" they're called. Only ran me 20 bucks and I can do most of my freestyle with em. www.decomposedsk8.com, gotta email your orders to witterfreestyle@yahoo.com

I sometimes actually use larger rollerskate wheels since I mainly street skate and I live where the roads aren't paved regularly. Also, they're easier to stand on and I'm actually able to do an acid drop/caveman into railstand and sometimes primo slide if the surface is smooth enough and slightly sloped downward.
    Last edited by Rusty_Berrings; 08-13-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Rusty_Berrings

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Yeah not bad man, digging the cooperflips
    You seem a little nervous, hah

As for buying on ebay, errrmmm I'm always super weary about that. I hear stories of people who buy boards and the graphic comes off the board like paper.
    It's like counterfeit skateboarding
    But hey if there's any relation to legit shops then try it out

decomposedsk8 wheels for life yo
    cooper who? and ebays aight from time to time, would rather walk into a show and get all I need, but you can usually find good deals on bearings/grip/hardware on ebay.

Retired Staff

Yeah New England is like that (I grew up in Maine). I just got a set of the Keith Rennas only cost me about $20. I'm putting together what I call a "Hybrid" set up. Right now I'm riding an Almost Mullen Uber light 8" with Tensor Mullen Trucks, and the Renna freestyle wheels and Oust Moc 5 Street Bearings (you can read a review on here). When I wear out the Almost I'm going with a Powell Kilian II 7.75" and lind of splitting the difference. Go for a deck that is sightly bigger than a large 7.5" freestyle board and a standard 8" street board, freestyle wheels and riding my trucks tighter than a standard street set up but looser than a standard freestyle set up. My 2 favorite skaters are Rodney and Kilian. If you told me 20 years ago that Rodney Mullen would be my favorite skater I'd probably have pissed myself laughing. I dig Witters skating too he manages to make freestyle skating look fairly aggro.

C/S,
    Rev J

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Berrings View Post
    cooper who? and ebays aight from time to time, would rather walk into a show and get all I need, but you can usually find good deals on bearings/grip/hardware on ebay.
    The trick at 0:11 that would be a cooper flip

fun trick indeed

Retired Staff

Cooper flip as in Lynn Cooper? Got the biggest kick out of that after seeing/reading "The Men Who Stare at Goats". Great skater though. I think freestyle skating has a relationship to shitty weather. Rodney Mullen came from Florida where the weather is hotter then Hell so he skated in his air conditioned garage. Kevin Harris is from Vancouver notorious for rainy shitty weather skated in his garage. Cameron Martin from Seattle rainy shitty weather. Lynn Cooper is from Denver long snowy winters probably spent/ spends a lot of time skating in his garage. Make the most from what you've got.

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    The trick at 0:11 that would be a cooper flip

fun trick indeed
    But D.B. Cooper only made off with 200,000... that tricks more worth a few million.

Rusty_Berrings

Cooper flip as in Lynn Cooper
    There we go.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty_Berrings View Post
    But D.B. Cooper only made off with 200,000... that tricks more worth a few million.
    I'd rep you for the Prison Break reference if I could. If anyone else here can drop it on this mother.

BTW:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uH7xmjEgZKI

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Awww, I liked the title "Mr Freestyle" better. That would be a sweet user name for someone that was really good. I tried some basic stuff today and butt planted in front some folks I know. I plan to spend a little time this fall trying to learn some post 1976 tricks or at least attempt to learn some. See what I did there?