The spots around here are getting boring...

Thread: The spots around here are getting boring...

WelcomeToWhiteCastleBitch cdragon1's Avatar

Default The spots around here are getting boring...

How do you guys spice things up when it comes to spots? There's a fair amount of spots that I skate, but I feel like I'm getting bored with the spots that my friends and I have. So, does anyone know of any ways to make the spots you have, for lack of a better term, less boring? I always try looking for new spots but they always turn out to be really far away and I can't just go drive to them whenever I want.
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

Skate and go find new ones. Or you could skate switch. Play skate. But going to find new spots, exploring and skating things you havent skated is the real adventure. Go have fun, when you hear the sirens run.
    "If you're a true skateboarder man, like, you dont know, you dont care and you dont do anything else. Like, I skateboard man, thats who I am, at the core of who I am."
    - Jeff Grosso

Lol I doubt most cops would even care enough to try and get me. I mean, I live basically in Detroit. They got other shit to worry about.
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

Retired Staff

Learn new tricks. Shit dude I skate in a playground area and still find new shit do do.

C/S,
    Rev J

wax everything up and refurb the spots.. make them like new!

Thats Me!

do/ learn new tricks and ways to skate the spots ...get creative

make new spots, find new ones whatever... to be honest i have never had this problem in skating before theres just too many different ways to skate to get bored..
    Last edited by stumbles; 08-21-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Retired Staff

I'm with Stumbles. Spots don't get boring you get boring.

C/S,
    Rev J

I'm thinking that's probably a big part in why I feel this way about the spots I have. I also think since I'm itching to find bigger spots that I just may be getting sick of the old ones. I do have this place I've skated a lot recently. It's got a nice 3 stair in the front and on the sides there's a 4 stair with a small extended curb maybe a 1 1/2 feet long that you can turn into a huge gap. Also, since I believe I'm getting a new deck and shoes tomorrow, I don't have much to worry about in terms of board breakage to try some new stuff I'm not so good at yet.

Speed Junkie

The big reason I have a skate quiver....when get tired of skating one thing/style I pick up another board and skate it for a while...find a parking garage and do some downhill, go try a bit of freestyle....
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

I have spent the past two years primarily skating on the street outside of my house. The teenage version of me would have gotten bored real quick, but the 35 year old version of me is just thankful to get to skate when I do get to skate.

Rolling around on a board will always be fun. Doesn't really matter where or how, as long as I get to do it sometimes, I am happy.
    Infested Skates--Bitchin' horror-themed decks:

www.facebook.com/infestedskates
    www.infestedskates.com
    Twitter: @infestedskates
    Instagram: infestedskates

Speed Junkie

46 year old me has taken to skating a lot on the steep hill next to my house, some tech sliding but mostly longboard because its here and fun and no one cn tell me not to
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works