Latest Freestyle session

Thread: Latest Freestyle session

LeftLaneClosed

Default Latest Freestyle session

A lot of tricks i hadn't even thought about trying just happened lol

any sort of criticism is welcome

Хой!

Sick handstand stuff, but never use stuff like that last rail handstand fingerflip. Come back to it another time, imagine if a pro used the ugliest thing possible, then was like fuck it, battery died, so go with that one.

I wanna see someone do a handstand flip to handstand, kinda like this dope-looking fake one.

LeftLaneClosed

Quote Originally Posted by Vit View Post
    Sick handstand stuff, but never use stuff like that last rail handstand fingerflip. Come back to it another time, imagine if a pro used the ugliest thing possible, then was like fuck it, battery died, so go with that one.

I wanna see someone do a handstand flip to handstand, kinda like this dope-looking fake one.
    Yeah, i was really hesitant to use it, I regret I did now, but at the time, i spent so much time on it i had that mind set of "whatever, it counts." that, and same thing with the upsidedown boardslide.

Хой!

That yellow stairset in your signature is gnarly. Sick clip for sure.

man, I wish I could handstand anywhere NEAR as good as that! Forget that I can't handstand, if I COULD how do you keep it and push off of a wall? Haha, seems like you would just slip out, crazy impressive balance.

Your Mother

RockenPunk is a gymnast, so that probably helps with the whole balance thing. It's odd because on first thought, I would never link the two sports together. Nice session dude

Oh.My.GLOB

you didn't ask for feedback but here it is

1. you look a lot more comfortable on your board compared to the last time i saw you skate- that's great.

2. that said beyond the stationary and handstand tricks you still lack a bit of composure. A certain amount of laxness and fluidity in your technique will help no end even though this will be counter intuitive to your background in gymnastics.

3. I'd personally spend more time getting everything else locked down before the corny wall push hand stand, maybe investigate some rolling handstand tricks? I had a friend who had a complete arsenal of tricks on his hands including shove its and various flips. Someone like you who has a natural aptitude for being on your hands can do better than aping Kilian Martins handstand tricks.

4. upside down slides are fun!

keep it coming!
    "Hail Caesarean"

LeftLaneClosed

I think I asked for criticism, so thank you!

1. thanks dude! Love to skate whenever possible

2. yeah, in gymnastics, you have a lot of holds, and sticking it and such. I'm working on bs feebles at the moment, and i'm always so stiff-legged when I do them.

3. I really need to watch skaters other than Killian, so I can change my style from fo-killian lol. currently I'm working on a backflip from a height onto my board. I've tried it before at a girl/chocolate demo but ended up breaking my toe and board. funny thing is, I won a new board in a handstand contest at the product throw. dude, your friend has mad skills, I can't get the board to do anything in a handstand. I need to work on it more

4. I should've waxed the area for the upside down slide hah

Retired Staff

My only criticism of your videos is that they seem to concentrate more on individual tricks than sequences. One of the things that I've noticed about most freestyle skating in videos etc. is that it's less about the individual tricks then how the tricks are linked together. Think about a floor routine in gymnastics or figure skating. How one move sets up the next. It's almost like creating sentences where tricks are like individual words. For example I noticed in my own skating that I was landing old school kick flips with my feet in the perfect position to go into Caspers. Create a flow with your tricks.

I hope that was fairly coherent as my head is a little scrambled from pain meds.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

LeftLaneClosed

so basically more combos, less individual tricks. got it hah