Ladies and gentlemen... the return of El Brando Loco

Thread: Ladies and gentlemen... the return of El Brando Loco

BranLandry

Default Ladies and gentlemen... the return of El Brando Loco

Hello friends;

After a long hiatus, lots of soul searching, maturing, mistake making and more, I've decided it's time to come back to the world of freestyle skateboarding. Here's the problem:

Where is everyone?

I was very partial to Chaos Bros, but can't seem to find any information on them! I want their boards!
    Bullet trucks seem to be non-existent anymore!
    Small school only has one deck available!

I've been out of the loop for so long that I feel like the majority of the brands and people who used to be part of the game aren't in it anymore.

Are there still some of you out there, or are we a dead breed? If there are, what is everyone skating (hardware-wise) these days?

Retired Staff

I just started skating again and am concentrating on freestyle. Even though I'm doing it on a street deck. There are only a few companies like Decomposed, Sk8 Kings, Mode, and Reverse concentrating on freestyle skate equipment.

Check out dxsxfx on eBay. I ordered a set of Keith Renna wheels from him. I believe it's Witter Cheng from Decomposed's eBay handle.

Right now I'm running an Almost Rodney Mullen über light street board (8"), with Tensor Mullen trucks, Decomposed Keith Renna wheels, and Oust Moc 5 street bearings. I'm thinking about switching to a Powell Kilian II 7.75" and splitting the difference between a street set up and a freestyle set up.

C/S,
    Rev J

what does "out of the loop for so long" exactly mean when you're 19??
    GG Allin was here...

Your Mother

Quote Originally Posted by mazonemayu View Post
    Time travel. Chaos Bros seem to be out of business. Small school stopped to concentrate on their art I think. It's sad, but freestyle isn't that big, so there are only a few companies that can sell enough to survive. But Sk8kings, Never Enough Sk8, and some of the other companies suggested above have great selections of stuff.

Scrubs Nerd

Did you forget your old login info?

BranLandry

Freaky... Chrome apparently thought it would be funny to log me in on my old account even though I only logged in with this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I just started skating again and am concentrating on freestyle. Even though I'm doing it on a street deck. There are only a few companies like Decomposed, Sk8 Kings, Mode, and Reverse concentrating on freestyle skate equipment.

Check out dxsxfx on eBay. I ordered a set of Keith Renna wheels from him. I believe it's Witter Cheng from Decomposed's eBay handle.

Right now I'm running an Almost Rodney Mullen über light street board (8"), with Tensor Mullen trucks, Decomposed Keith Renna wheels, and Oust Moc 5 street bearings. I'm thinking about switching to a Powell Kilian II 7.75" and splitting the difference between a street set up and a freestyle set up.

C/S,
    Rev J
    Cheers! I could never go back to skating freestyle on a street deck, unfortunately. Caspers and 50-50's were my go-to tricks, and the transfers into/out-of them destroyed so many street decks in so little time. Glad to hear Witter is still in business; I still have a few postcards from the times I ordered from him! I'll definitely try and get in touch and see about getting some products

Quote Originally Posted by mazonemayu View Post
    I haven't frequented SkatersCafe, touched a skateboard or even talked about the sport since circa 2008/2009. Four or five years is a lot of time in a sport that wasn't popular to begin with. People who used to skate no longer skate, companies are out of business, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by _Turtle View Post
    Time travel. Chaos Bros seem to be out of business. Small school stopped to concentrate on their art I think. It's sad, but freestyle isn't that big, so there are only a few companies that can sell enough to survive. But Sk8kings, Never Enough Sk8, and some of the other companies suggested above have great selections of stuff.
    I'm really disappointed to hear about Chaos Bros being out of business, honestly. I'd kill to have another CB2 from John; they were without a doubt my favorite deck! Also a shame to hear about Small School, but Jeremy's art really was incredible. A used SS deck I got from Jay Arling served me really well and I would have loved to have another, honestly. Sk8kings is a company I've never dealt with, and I've actually never heard of Never Enough Sk8. I appreciate the reply and will be sure to check them out!

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    Did you forget your old login info?
    Haha, not so much; I created a new account after looking at some of 14/15 year old me's posts and thinking, "Were you really that much of an arrogant prick?".

Your Mother

Never Enough Sk8 is a German based country, so it's great if you live in Europe, as you'll save on some shipping. If you're in the US then you'd be better with another site I suspect, although they offer international shipping.

Super Moderator

Yeah chaos bros just dropped off the face of the earth like 2 or 3 years ago (don't know the reason why), it sucks, liked their boards too. And yeah small school has gotten smaller (don't make any puns)
    Decomposed seems to be doing very well, I've also gotten on a cool company who is getting their toes in on freestyle stuff - shell shock skateboards. They have good ties with decomposed and their boards are rad. I'm helping them try to shape their decks to be more like the CBs

And pretty much everyone else kind of just faded out. Dylan frequents more on SBC (but not too often anymore I believe) and does street, Tyler deleted his whole account for some reason (probably didn't want to be found in the search bar), jmaiurro and bengyak pop up now and again but very rarely, everyone else I haven't heard from in like 2 or 3 years. I try to be more active, but life likes to keep me from the forum and skating in general

yup

It's dead. I used to be here, now it is just a figment of the imagination.
    I SPEAK REAL...

Your Mother

Maybe your whole time on this site was a figment of your imagination. You're actually in a coma.

I was rider for CHaos Bros, and now for pretty long time on decomposed.

if you like the Chaos Bros CB2 deck, all my model have same shape, they are exact copy of the CB2.

My 6 th model is out now at www.decomposedsk8.com --> Mario Steinemann Asian Pussy cat

Ive not on here since years. If wanna be up to date about freestyle, stick to Facebook

A lot of pages duch Decomposed group, Contest Freestyler ecc ecc