August 2013 MOTM: TGIMUNDAY Interview

Thread: August 2013 MOTM: TGIMUNDAY Interview

evil vibes

Flash August 2013 MOTM: TGIMUNDAY Interview

1. What's the worst thing that's EVER happened to you, can you describe it for us?
    Alright, worst thing that's ever happened to me? That's a rough one. I guess the tail end of 2011 and 2012 was the worst thing that's ever happened. Pretty much a string of unfortunate events, my Uncle was put into the hospital and received surgery for his gall bladder, but then they found he had cancer and he ended up dying from that. The day of my Uncle's funeral my sister had an appointment at an oncologist, and when she met up with us as we were about to leave she broke it to us that she had cancer as well. A few months after that my cousin committed suicide. I was in my room, probably on here and I heard my sister sobbing loudly from the hallway, so I went out to see what was wrong assuming my Grandpa had died (he was in bad shape at the time), and found out my cousin had hung himself. During all of this was a ton of relationship trouble as well, and a girl frequently breaking up with me and getting back together with me (we finally broke up for good.) Also, my dog died in that time, and I was going through a severe depressed phase (I've suffered from depression my whole life, but that was the worst period through all of that.) Haha, sorry if I bummed anyone out with that whole thing!

2.What is your all time favorite movie soundtrack and why?
    Tough one, there. I don't particularly like any of the songs on the album, but if I ever hear any song that was in Forrest Gump I immediately think of that movie (which is my favorite).

3.What is the gayest moment you have ever had?
    I told one of my friends I loved them (in a platonic way), that's definitely pretty gay though. Haha

4.A short sweet Auto bio of Mr. TGI.

Question 1 might've covered a lot of that, but I'm 23, live in Northern NJ, love ska music for some reason and work an eh job. Also, I collect Nintendo items (mostly games.)

5.What is your favorite food/recipe?
    Pasta Salad. Wheat, Spinach and Carrot Rotini with various lunch meats cut into cubes with italian dressing. That, or pizza lasagna, which is regular lasagna with mozzarella, instead of ricotta.

6.If you could be on one realty tv show what would it be?
    "Who can have the most sex with Christina Aguilera"

I'd be the only contestant.

7.What are your best memories from your life (so far) whether its skateboarding related or not.
    The first time I ever crowd surfed is one of my favorite moments, when I got tossed up there and saw the entire crowd from up above, it was fucking awesome. I've done it so many times since then, and it doesn't get old. That and the old days when I was 16-17, skating around town all day, running myself into the ground, then having to walk 45 minutes home from a spot exhausted.

8. Which collection of yours are you most proud of? and of that collection, which item is your favorite?
    My games, easily. And my favorite thing? Maybe my little Super Mario Brothers 2 figure, that's older than I am. He has red overalls and a blue shirt underneath (which helps to date it), I confirmed it's age with a tiny bit of research though, and it's only one figure from an entire set. Gah!

9.What is the worst thing you have ever put in your mouth?
    I once licked my exes armpit, and my tongue went numb. I mean, it wasn't that bad, but I haven't exactly put a lot of terrible things in my mouth.

10. What is the best thing you've ever out in your mouth?
    Pizza lasagna?

Picture's like two years old. Taken at my old house.

11. What is the next thing you're going to put in your mouth?

A penis or 6

12.Would you rather have a penis for a tongue or a tongue for a penis?
    Penis for a tongue, as long as I still had taste buds. Now. Picture Michael Rappaport licking an ice cream cone with a dick tongue. Seductive

13.If you could eliminate one person from history from existence who would it be and why?
    Hitler, only because there are no dentist offices or bagel shops close enough to my house. I have to drive, like, 5 minutes. What's up with that shit?

14.What are your thoughts on the skateboarding industry?
    I have no idea about the street skating industry, but I hate the longboard industry. A bunch of try hards doing street tricks on oversized boards (shittily, I might add) and calling it "freestyle". Freestyle is a thing, guys. You're just taking throwaway footy that any 14 year old could get and using it to promote poor skating. Get outta here. I'm cool with downhill, freeride, dancing (like Adam Colton dancing), but not this freestyle wrongboarding garbage.

15.hows the Aussie shirt i got you for christmas going, getting much wear time?(stumbles)
    It's waiting for me to drop some weight so I can go out and use my best aussie impersonation to try and pick up chicks as a foreigner. I will make it happen. It has been worn quite a few times, though. Haha

16.Favorite Ska artists?
    Changes way too often to give a solid answer. I love the Toasters, though. And Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra, Westbound Train has been playing in my car, a lot. Inspecter 7 (localish band). That's what I'll go with, for now.

17.whats it like living as Michael Rapaport's look alike? do you get recognized often?
    People ask me about the girl who played my daughter on "The War at Home". I can't blame them. I'd hit it, too.

Wait, I'm thinking of the daughter from "Listen Up!" Do yourself a favor and Google her.

18.What brought you to skaterscafe?
    I wanted to play Games of Skate, but I'm lazy. That trend will continue into the foreseeable future.

19. Can you see yourself In 2040 still logging Into the cafe? If so who else would be right there with you probably with over 100k posts.
    If it's still here, I don't see why not. Maybe Demon? Feelgood has been here forever, though. Tough call. Haha

20.if you could move anywhere in the world for six months where would you go?
    Japan, because the culture is awesome. I can't stand American comics, but I read manga like a crazy person. I'm reading Hajime No Ippo again, and it's reached over 1000 chapters since it started.

21. Would you like your kid to be involved in skateboarding in the future? Explain why.
    I'd love it. It'd be an excuse to keep it up. I love doing it, but it's gotten stale not having friends to do it with, hence why mountainboarding has taken up my board sport time.

22. Why is Munday your favorite day of the week, other than the song?
    I'm horny for Munday. Dat's Y

23. How is 'Munday gets fit' going?
    Just started up again. I feel like I've lost some weight, and that my clothes are already starting to fit better, but I don't plan on weighing myself for a while. I'm just going to let it happen and not let stuff like that possibly discourage me.

24. Shout outs
    No particular order here, I had to look in who recently visited my page to remember all the people on here I actually talk to (apparently I like a lot of you guys, or something.)
    Anon
    Feelgood
    Stumbles
    DBS
    HVS
    Demon
    Stu
    SnowJoe
    Xgecko
    NoSwitch
    Donovan
    ChiTown
    Overcrook
    RockenPunk
    AndrewJay
    SkateboardG

Sure I forgot some people. ;D

Pretty much what I'm skating with some minor stuff switched around. The tiny board was set up as a joke, I hit around 25 on it, though.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

Retired Staff

You forgot me bitch! Just kidding great interview. For some reason I thought you were older.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

LeftLaneClosed

You should start a YouTube video of you playing each game in your collection, or reviewing them. I'd watch it

Thats Me!

haha that was an awesome interview. i've been waiting for it to pop up and it was well worth the wait..

i lost it at the picture Michael Rappaport eating an ice cream part..

God

Awesome brother ! Was good getting to know you a bit better through that interview, great guy, great interview !

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

evil vibes

Woo!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Congrats bro. Way to represent New Jersey!

Escapist

Goddamn that intro was depressing...

Still, great interview bro.

Global Moderator

Good interview man! Good read.

Boss

Now that were In your head a little more we have some time to do some damage. ^^
    Great read.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Good interview.
    Admins please advertise these things better, the only sticky or news banner ot whatever is that tinychat thing. I only saw this accidentally, i only read the skateboard chat section

evil vibes

I put a blue and white light bulb icon thing by the title, I thought that would help

Quote Originally Posted by Coleman View Post
    I put a blue and white light bulb icon thing by the title, I thought that would help
    yeah it would have if I was actually browsing this section. Last month there was an announcement for questions to ask and later when the interview was done it was also posted as an announcement. Just my 2 cents, but from now on I know I'll have to come in here too
    --

This is the title track from our first album, Victim in Pain, the song's also called Victim in Pain.

"ALWAYS SKATE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ...please"
    Andy Roy

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Any staff member can make an announcement, don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!
    So every admin is a staff member, but not every staff member is an admin? I don't believe you man