13/14 Snowboarding Season Discussion - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Snowboarding Season Discussion

Retired Staff

Our mountain is looking good.
    !
    http://wachusett.com/MediaCenter/Pic...7/Default.aspx
    Went up yesterday, learned some new tricks and had a blast. Wanted to go today but it was raining all morning and didn't feel like ice boarding tonight.

Sometimes I wish I lived couple blocks away from a mountain or resort. Should be hitting up a resort within the next two weeks. Played around with my stance angles and width yesterday. Had it set up as -12/12 and 22 inches for width, but switched it up to -15/15 and widened em to 23inchs. I seem to like it not so wide when cruising but I like the wideness when trying to pop off jumps. Trying to find a good medium. Might notch it up to 23.5 or 24 and see how that feels.

What angles and stance width set up are you currently rockin, Brandon?
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Bought snowboard pants online, today. Officially snowboarding this year. Too bad all the people at my closest mountain are disgustingly good. Makes me feel awful. Haha
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Retired Staff

My stance has varied many times in the passed 4 seasons. Went from 24 inches then slowly brought it in one insert every day till i was maxed in on my old academy. Got my capita horrorscope, maxed in it was like 16.5 or 17 inches wide. Rode my burton ration, maxed in was at 18 then i brought it back out to 19, then 20.5. My new DWD board is maxed in, although it is at either 20.5 or 21.5 i don't remember. Angles though i have ridden 9/-9 for a while. Used to do 15/-15 but my knees would hurt for a while i i changed it up. Couldn't be happier. I will be keeping my stance as close to 20.5 from now on. It's all preference really, a general rule is your stance should be the width of your shoulders. I have had a blast riding so far this season, learned a ton of new tricks. Will be posting up a video later tonight of some clips we filmed on tuesday. Crappy night time and early season park but its all fun.

Retired Staff

that was dope. you're pretty good

Retired Staff

Thanks man, working on bringing more tricks to the streets and learning more tricks. I seem to do the same tricks over and over every year and i really just want to go all out this year and have a shit load of fun.

Nice. I'm really hoping I can progress a bunch this season as well. I'm pumped to hit up the park. I'll also be rockin a helmet this season, so I'll try a lil harder knowing my skull is protected.

Хой!

I filmed my friend Matt snowboard a week or so ago and finally put this together. He's good.

Retired Staff

Pasued my music to watch that, was listening to biggy, i was confused haha. Nice, looks like he has them on lock, now do something else
    Everybody and their grandmothers is doing flips these days

Gravity Slave Moderator

Three feet of snow pounding downtown Boston and all up through Eastern NY tomorrow. I wanna see some downtown poaching stoke.

Finally hit up a resort. Shit was too much fun. Slowly but surely I'm progressing in the park. Getting more comfortable catching air with a bunch of speed. Definitely need to pick me up a more playful board though.

Retired Staff

You have a rome postermania right? Break it in more, thats a really fun board. Atleast the one a year older than yours was... i doubt they changed it too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    You have a rome postermania right? Break it in more, thats a really fun board. Atleast the one a year older than yours was... i doubt they changed it too much.
    Yeah, postermania. I believe the year before mine was a full rocker. They changed em to hybrid with the flat between bindings and rockered out after that.

Retired Staff

Ahh, either way. I'm sure if you broke it in more it will be a lot more fun for rails. It used to take me almost half a season maybe a little more to fully break in my boards.

Yeah, you're probably right. Still wouldn't mind getting a softer board just to see how it rides. You get any new footage lately?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Don't go too soft unless you are really thin. Softer boards don't hold well when cruising at higher speeds.

Retired Staff

Eh, i agree but you get used to it. I had a capita horrorscope and that thing might as well be wet cardboard and i haul ass when riding. Does it get sketchy at times? hell yes but, eventually you'll just learn to enjoy it. Going filming in the streets tomorrow. Went to mt snow today but didn't film.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Rather than start a new thread I'll drop this here to liven things up a bit. Are snowboarders some kind of persecuted minority class in need of federal protection against discrimination? Maybe all resorts should have to install a certain percentage of special sideways chairs on the lifts so nobody has to step out to get on and off the lifts?
    Snowboarders sue to ride with skiers at Alta resort

SALT LAKE CITY Snowboarders have wanted to "free" Alta for years.

On Wednesday, four of them and a group called Wasatch Equality filed a federal lawsuit on the Little Cottonwood Canyon resort, challenging its longstanding skiers-only policy.

A lawyer for the snowboarders said that because of Alta Ski Area's arrangement with the U.S. Forest Service, it must comply with the equal protection clause in the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. The Forest Service is also named as defendant.
    14th amendment refers to discrimination based on race, religion, etc. Pretty sure saying you can't take a snowboard (or saucer sled or ski blades or ice skates or whatever) doesn't fall under the 14th A protections. But, it will bring attention to the seemingly elitist policy. FWIW, Alta has a very large number of catwalks and other traverses that would totally suck to negotiate on a snowboard. But, I agree that any ski resort should allow decent snowboards as they have been proven safe for decades now.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

The thing I'm curious about is whether or not snowboarders outnumber skiers. I'm sure they do in certain areas of the country... I know I hear a lot more about snowboarding than skiing.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.