13/14 Snowboarding Season Discussion - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13/14 Snowboarding Season Discussion

Gravity Slave Moderator

I'm only aware of three resorts in the country that still don't allow snowboarders. They are Alta, Deer Valley, and Mad River Glen. Alta and Deer Valley are ubber snobbish jet set destinations. MRG is one of the gnarliest, rockiest, narrow, bumped up natural terrain places the northeast has to offer. Not many boarders if any are banging down the door to ride there. But, I don't really understand the reluctance to sell tickets to boarders other than all but the very best riders would have to side slip and butt scrape almost all of the terrain there shaving away all of the loose snow.

Retired Staff

I'd say there's still way more skiers than snowboarders. You don't hear about it as much because in my opinion its more of something familys do together to just get out in the mountains. Snowboarding has more of a media i think though.

Gravity Slave Moderator

We skied the terrain park as much as anyplace else on the mountain today. The kid tried a couple boxes. I hit the medium and small jumps all day. Nothing but love and stoke from the snowboarders and jibbers whose lines we were snaking hahahaha.. Nice day, wasn't that crowded early in the day. But, by 1pm it was really looking like a holiday.

Does anybody have any recommendations for some clear goggles? Or any goggles that would be efficient for night riding really. I've got mirrored goggles and they are a pain to wear at night, cant really see too much through them. Haven't really been able to find any decent clear lens or anything of the sort online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bencker
    When i read his nickname i always picture a mexican with a big hat holding a waffle ^^

^^^^^^ DO IT NOW. Its better than Element

Retired Staff

What goggles are they? Look them up and see if you can get clear or yellow lenses for them. If you want to grab a whole new pair of goggles i recommend; Sabre or Ashbury but, every brand has some pretty good goggles. Dont waste your time/money on cheap ones, look at some upwards of 80-100 bucks then look for them on sale or left over from last year. There is a huge difference, most come with a set of day and night lenses.

Right now I have some Anon. Figment maybe? Not too sure. I've been checking on seshday.com and theclymb.com for good goggle but not to sure what to go with. wouldnt mind getting a new pair altogether, figure it would be easier to have a day pair and a night pair. And yeah I wouldn't bother with any that are retail for like 30 bucks or whatever. Thanks for the input I never knew if Sabre were actually decent or not. Always seemed a bit flimsy to me. Online that is anyways.
    When i read his nickname i always picture a mexican with a big hat holding a waffle ^^

Retired Staff

I got my Sabres this year, first pair of goggles in probably 6 years. I love them, zero complaints, and i looks two kewl

I don't think I heard of Sabre goggles until now. And if I did before then I definitely don't remember. Just checked out their site. Which pair did you buy? Those Rogues I picked up for super cheap and pretty damn good. Like em better them my smith optics pair. And speaking of new goggles, I'm about 140 points away on TruSnow from getting a pair of new 2013 or later goggles. Not sure what I should aim for.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Which Sabres do you have Brandon?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post

Haven't seen the set up yet but it has to be insane. Sucks that Torstein is already out with a broken collarbone. He kills it in slopestyle.

Turbo Raptor!

Torstein is one smooth stylish motherfucker, I'm gutted he won't be taking part.

In other news I haven't stepped foot on a snowboard for like, 3 years. That sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

This morning on the national news they said White pulled out of SlopeStyle. That course must be jacked up with LZs not lined up right for the kickers or something like that. If it were because of his wrist he would have also pulled out of half pipe.

This really sucks because I like slopestyle way more than half pipe. I also dig moguls though so go figure!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    This morning on the national news they said White pulled out of SlopeStyle. That course must be jacked up with LZs not lined up right for the kickers or something like that. If it were because of his wrist he would have also pulled out of half pipe.

This really sucks because I like slopestyle way more than half pipe. I also dig moguls though so go figure!
    Shits getting real in Sochi! After I heard he dropped out I had to finally check the course out. It looks wicked in first person view. Check it

http://vimeo.com/85831388

Gravity Slave Moderator

Course was better suited for skiers, but still done poorly and dangerous. Can't wait, slopestyle is one of my favorite freestyle events. If any of the top jibbers drop out I'm going to be pissed.

And Go Bode! Go Ligity!

Turbo Raptor!

I like that first person vid, it looks to me the jump section is ok but they're carrying a lot of speed for those rails, too much I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Retired Staff

I have the Sabre Acid rider goggles. Not sure if they still make them or not, i picked up a left over pair.

Eh, i hate shaun, can't stand torstein, don't care for mark mcmorris and ive always been on the fence about haldor. I don't even know who else is on the snowboard team but, im sure there will be plenty of zeaches and boot grabs.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Shawn White cuts his hair, chickens out of the Slopestyle, then chokes away the gold medal everyone had already handed to him.. LOL, what a way to finish his career.

Retired Staff

Guys such a douchebag. 90% of the people that are actually into park riding hate him.

I can't hate the way he rides, but his attitude needs a bit of a change for sure. I may be the only one, but I understand why he dropped from slopestyle. If he had any doubts about riding in it at all and not being sure about it, if he did compete in it he wouldn't have given it a 100% best effort so what would the point be? But at the same time, he should have dropped out of it was sooner so that somebody else could have taken his spot so in that sense it was a douchey move for sure.

Did your acid riders come with more than one lens?