Weirdest shaped skatepark..

Thread: Weirdest shaped skatepark..

Post Weirdest shaped skatepark..

There is a skatepark in my town shaped like a d*ck and its just really awkward to skate because theres a pryamid right in the middle of the park.. as soon as you roll down from the quarterpipe theres a pyramid there to screw up your speed.. heres a link to a picture to show you what I mean.. http://williamsburgsrealestate.com/2...lliamsburg-va/

Хой!

At Meadowview park in Eugene, there is a lipped pyramid with no rollaway. At Cottage Grove, there is a taller than waist high round handrail with rollaway into a way-too-steep pyramid. The whole park was made by sidewalk builders and is very lumpy. There is a graffiti tag that says the park sucks. The rail at Trainsong is bent because someone drove a car into it. Someone had a heart attack, drove into Amazon park and dented a hip and ruined the only bit of coping at the park. Someone put in a fence at Springfield park, on the edge of a drop people used to gap down. A biker got in before the concrete settled at Cal Young and ruined a ledge. It's now warped and it's weird to get on from a sense-making angle.

Now that I'm done complaining about my awesome parks, a dick-shaped park sounds super cool. Eh on the obstacle being in your way, but you could do worse.

Looks normal to me but you're right that is a phallic shape. The developers probably tried to satisfy both skaters and bmx riders which doesn't always work.

Speed Junkie

The ledges in that park completely destroy the flow...I only skated it once and regretted the drive
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

it really isnt worth it to skate there the ledges are too low.. the banks were definitely not designed by skaters.. everything looks like it was done in an hour.. mostly bikers infest the park..along with little kids which i dont have an issue with unless their in the way, which, most of the time they are..

zach, believe it or not, i actually know 2 people that designed the recpenispark. when it was designed, the bowls were suppose to be 7' 8' deep and the ledges, banks were suppose to be also higher. however the great place of williamsburg decided last min to cut it in half (to make it safer) and also not to add runway around the other ledges.

when the park 1st opened, you had to pay $5 and wear full pads (helmet, knee and elbow).

as for the shape, yes, they were having fun

I actually enjoy the park.

However, after spending the whole of the 90s and early 2000s skating in the streets exclusively, bowls and such are a little intimidating to me. So I don't really mind the fact they aren't that deep and have zero vert. Ha.

It kinda bums me out that the 90s were so anti-transition though, save for banks. It's so much fun and I really wish I had gotten into pools/bowls at 14 instead of 35...but better late than never, right.
    Infested Skates--Bitchin' horror-themed decks:

www.facebook.com/infestedskates
    www.infestedskates.com
    Twitter: @infestedskates
    Instagram: infestedskates