Alcohol - Beer and Liquor Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alcohol - Beer and Liquor Thread

Boss

Default Alcohol - Beer and Liquor Thread

So Thanksgiving actually got me thinking of the many different seasonal beers out there for the colder months.
    What Is your choice of drink at hand? I know we have some drinkers here. Cheers!

That got me thinking I tried -

It's good but too fruity so I no longer will be pondering what If I had one when I see the commercials.

This beer was the beer of the month at a local restaurant me and my parents took my daughter to saturday. Can't have enough banana bread or bananas In general so I had to try It. Needless to say I'll be looking to buy a pack relatively soon. Not too overbearing with a fruit taste, great beer.

I also got to try Samuel Adams Winter Larger last night and I have Samuel Adams October variety pack with 6 different type of beers.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Retired Staff

I've been drinking Bombay sapphire and tonic lately. I'm getting ready to pop another Anchor Steam California Lager which to me is a fairly light, easy drinking if you want to drink all night but not get too drunk kind of beer.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

LET'S GET WEIRD

Love me some craft beers. Especially IPA's. Mmmm.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Pilsner Urquelle, guinness and gin and tonic. I just switched from bombay sapphire to tanqueray because they cost the same and i believed the hype but bombay sapphire tastes better - more juniper and herbs. Shoulda stuck with it

Chillin'

German beer.
    /thread

KYS

Retired Staff

Curious Traveler is really good, had it a few months ago. Sam adams summer and october fest are phenomenal. Good beers for drinking while hanging out.
    Snowboard beers doe pbr/millerlight/highlife/corona/whatever.

angry, young & beautiful

some good localish brews are devil's pale ale

beau's lugtread

tankhouse ale

and steamwhistle

and my go-to whisky:
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

Gravity Slave Moderator

This thread needs some GT..

Retired Staff

You might notice a theme here. Irish whiskeys, scotch whiskeys, Canadian whisky etc. guess those are alright, but I like my awful Kentucky Bourbons. Tennessee bourbons are bullshit though. I haven't had one I liked.

Bulleit is probably one of my favorite sipping whiskeys, and it does great in cocktails too. If you like ryes, their rye has a nice, spicy rye bite to it. I like to shoot Turkey 101, but their 81 is surprisingly decent as a sipping whiskey. The Watkin's is alright as a sipper and it works nice in cocktails. The Black Eagle is awful bullshit that some asshat at Total Wine and More calls his "go to" inexpensive whiskey. The Jim Beam rye is... substandard. Ok for what it is. I wouldn't recommend it outside of making cocktails. Also, underberg makes for good bitters. Ignore the Jager in the back-- it's the remnants of a Christmas party last year if that gives you any idea of what I think about it.

As far as beers go, I like a good heffe-weisse dunkel like Franziskaner or a doppelbock like Salvator
    Nobody wants too be old, and nobody want too old to skateboard.

the tanqueray I bought had a small smirnoff bottle attached to it, one of those mini-bar things. So I put it in a glass with lemonade mio. it was way better than it sounds.
    --

This is the title track from our first album, Victim in Pain, the song's also called Victim in Pain.

"ALWAYS SKATE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ...please"
    Andy Roy

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    FIXED IT FOR YOU!

Boss

Got a little to drunk last night and ended up falling off the back of a golf cart hitting my head. Then slipping on a piece of plywood leading onto a dock banging my shin and stepping into the lake.
    Woke up with a brutal headache and my neck all stiff from hitting the ground. No fun after that happened.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

LET'S GET WEIRD

We have this brewery very close to where I live and it's awesome. They actually are a couple blocks away from my local skate shop and teamed up with them to do graphics on their boards which was pretty sweet. This brewery really got popular fast in Chicagoland area, if it somehow makes it your way you guys definitely need to pick up some Anti-Hero by Revolution Brewery. It's a awesome IPA made by them and probably the most popular brew.

Just tried their seasonal brew today and it's pretty good. Fistmas. Can't go wrong with either but I'd still recommend Anti-Hero over Fistmas.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Boss

I would love to have a can of Fistmas, I like the collaboration, cool idea.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

Default HARD STUFF

Since turning 21 I quickly learned what I like. Beer disgusts me, all I taste is stale bread. Dark spiced rum is my favorite so far especially Kraken!

Хой!

Pabst

Rolling Rock

Hamm's

Pyramids

Olympia

Miller High Life

Ninkasi (local)

Not big on liquor.

Milwaukee's best ice is the worst thing I've ever tasted. Care to taste some rubbing alcohol and pretend it's a beer?

Scrubs Nerd

I love rolling rock, it's just a bummer that it's hard to get over here.

Retired Staff

Ninkasi Tricerahops is one of my favorite IPA's.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Thats Me!

damn i hardly drink but you guys made me want a beer..

found this in the fridge and it will do, it might even chang my mind about drinking beers (i hope a community fan see's that chang joke) Chang Thailand Beers.. goes down pretty well

Gravity Slave Moderator

Hamms is nasty stuff hahaha. It's for people that can't afford beer! They had some good ads way back in the old days though..'