November Member Of The Month Interview With Andrew Jay

Thread: November Member Of The Month Interview With Andrew Jay

Thats Me!

Default November Member Of The Month Interview With Andrew Jay

hey everyone here's the MOTM interview with Andrew Jay for November.. enjoy

How has SkatersCafe changed since you joined? How often do you skate?
    It's pretty obvious with anyone who was active at the time of SC popping off how It's changed. It's sad actually this site and fellow members got me really into trying and trying to progress.
    I remember the arcade use to be pretty popular. All and all there was always something to talk about being a thread or what have you with an array of interesting people.

Honestly I've been idle when It comes to skating. I still love It but working full time In construction by the time I get home I'm pretty tired or am busy with my daughter. But every so often I dust her off and knock out a few.

Go to trick?
    Kflip, just something about letting It rotate slowly and locking It down.

Best/worst shoes you skated?
    Best - Lakai, Like Mike.
    Worst - A pair of CCS shoes I got for dirt cheap on their site. Lasted no more then a week or two, ha.

What is your current setup(s)?
    I actually got my current board from this chick after skating It a bit at her house. She got all excited and gave It to me.
    Saying that I know It's a Plan B Sheckler board with Reflex trucks, but the wheels I couldn't tell you so their worn down.

Did skating ever help your game with the ladies?
    Yes In the fact It brought attention/teaching them how to ride but nothing much more. Great ice breaker.

Favourite skater?
    Couldn't label one person their are so many dudes killing It right now and before. Never dull.
    That and I never truly considered one to be my favorite.

What was your first board and would you try hunt it down and buy one just like it?
    My first board was a black label. It was black and yellow with an elephant n flame. And actually I still have the board on my shelf.

If you had no chance and had to show up in front of Judge Judy or Jerry Springer knowing you will get completely humiliated - which one would you choose?
    I hate Judge Judy, her voice Is head trauma. Jerry Springer would actually be fun as long as I wasn't playing some gay home wrecker. lol

How would you feel if I told you that you are literally my long lost father Andrew? (FROM Rev J)
    Well I'm not too great with names and my memory Is foggy. Soo Is your mom hot?

Same question only from me.(COLEMAN)
    Same response to coleman. But also I'd fly me and coleman over to Australia to catch up, skate, get wasted and make some new babies.

Who's been your closest friend on SC?
    Stumbles/NoSwitch no doubt. You two have helped me go through some terrible shit and are always there when I need you guys.
    Sincerely thank you two for everything.

What kind of skating impresses you the most?
    Free riding through downtown. Best example I could lay out would be Mrck and his vids he posts of him shredding It, nothing predetermined.

Has your daughter done any cool stuff lately?
    Anything and everything she does Is the bees knees. Lately she had been mimicking what someone says.
    She told me that Daddy Is a naughty girl which had me cracking up. Shes just so beautiful.

How many parties have you attended recently?
    I went to 1 on new years eve and It was good company with beer, can't beat that.
    The parties when I was younger where you know only a handful of people don't attract me anymore, full of drama.

whats been the best day in your life so far?
    8/5/2011, meeting my little girl and to feel what unconditional love actually Is.

if you could only do one trick for the rest of your life other than ollies what would it be?
    Lazers, I've yet to land one but they just fascinate me.

Of all the Cafe members that have dropped off the map or faded away, which one would you most like to see posting here again and why?
    Tom. Such a cool down to earth guy that talked MMA with me back when I first joined when no one else seemed to care for It, nor do today other then Xgecko and Chi.
    It was literally just me and him going back and forth.

What constitutes a "Great" day of skating for you?
    Not banging my shin. More importantly having someone to share It with whether or not they are actually skating.
    Landing this or that alone means only as far as your thoughts, time with good people makes for a great time. Love It.

Andrew Jay, would you like AJ to come back so that you can gain a new nickname?
    I've almost adopted AJ as my real name since I've been called that from my family and friends as long as I can remember. But If someone can come up with something rad then hell ya.

If you could ride one perfect set up for the rest of your life what would it be (describe in detail)....question taken from vit last month...
    Not to divert the question but I never look at anything In life perfect, I always see this or that I'd love to try or get.
    As long as It's not heavy and has great pop I'm a happy boy.

whats the craziest thing you've seen in your life?
    My daughters birth. For anyone who hasn't seen that go do some research.
    With the cord and splatter, oh man, haha.

if you were offered a fee holiday anywhere in the world where would you go and what would you do?
    Africa, I want to be eventually become a Zoologist and love animals. No better place for wildlife then there.
    I'd go on as many tours/adventures possible, just something you can't get here In the states.

What are your resolutions for 2014?
    To be a better Man then I was last year.

*FORGOT TO GET PICS OFF AJ, THEY WILL BE ADDED ASAP*
    Last edited by Andrew Jay; 01-10-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Thats Me!

oops it was meant to be Rev J... I'll edit it now

Retired Staff

Again now knowing that I'm 38 I ask the same question.

Great interview!
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Good read and well deserved MOTM

Thumbs up
    --

This is the title track from our first album, Victim in Pain, the song's also called Victim in Pain.

"ALWAYS SKATE AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!! ...please"
    Andy Roy

Gravity Slave Moderator

So disappointed there are no pictures yet :-(

OK AJ, start getting nominations for December ;-)

Cafe Fuzz

Very cool interview
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Boss

Thanks a bunch guys, I'll see If I can get the pictures up tonight.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You should invite AndrewJay over. Did he send you a yearbook portrait as well?
    He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Too late, I found one. You are immortalized thanks to Google Images..

Boss

09 man haha thanks NoSwitch. ^^
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=68269 Feel free to share, those of you who actually skate.

He sent me an envelop full of stickers for correctly guessing the final score of the SuperBowl in his contest thread. I was sitting at the dinner table with Mrs NoSwitch emptying out the envelope looking at the stickers and out drops his yearbook photo.. Wife's like "what the hell is that for??" So I sez "aww he probably just grabbed a handful of stuff out of a drawer not realizing the photo was also in there" cause that's what I really thought about it. A few days later he shoots me a PM asking me "what do you think?""
    If the rest room doesn't have that paper seat to pull off the wall, I just hover above like a Ufo dumping Cosby kids into Lake Michigan.

Thats Me!

great interview AJ, did you find any pics yet or just giving up on that since we have your yearbook photo now haha

Cafe Fuzz

That's a quality pic
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Boss

That's a quality pic
    Beautiful.

I've been pretty busy with my daughter moving In. I'll get you guys some tom I promise.
    Boob.
    - call me Aj.