I'm really digging the Pros vs. Joes BATB tournament. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm really digging the Pros vs. Joes BATB tournament.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg for electronic device OS and and sports gear exclusivity arrangements? Imagine if Nike started putting a chip in their shoes that communicates via blue tooth with iPhones only to run a whole host of various applications. Pedometer and workout type stuff comes to mind but GPS kind of covers that utility at least for speeds and distances.

I actually really wonder why we still call these devices "phones. Most people only spend a very small fraction of the use actually talking on them these days.

What's a good word for this?

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

An awesome device! My phone has almost replaced my computer, even... I'm on my phone now, actually.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    An awesome device! My phone has almost replaced my computer, even... I'm on my phone now, actually.
    We've been on a quest to acquire EVERY SINGLE Amazon Kindle on the planet. Mrs NoSwitch got a black and white 3G one when they first came out. Then, the next year she got a Fire when they first came out for the wifi utility. She bought her father a lite and has it on our account so he can read our books. Christmas the two kids got HD 8.5s and Mrs NoSwitch was instantly all jelly because theirs were bigger and faster. So, she bought one for herself and gave me the older Fire. I have all these options but still prefer a full sized keyboard. I like the way the dips of the keys feel under my fingers while typing. And, I hate to have to switch back and forth between screens to get different characters. I'm taking the son on a ski trip this weekend and I'm really waffling on whether to bring a notebook, the Kindle Fire, or just the new Nokia Windows Phone. I can't think of anything needs wise for the weekend that I couldn't do on the phone. Heads op other mods. If I only take the phone ir Kindle I won't be doing any moderation stuff.

She still uses the very first black and white one in bright sun and places where there is no wifi.
    Last edited by NoSwitch; 02-15-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Yesterday they began accepting open submission through video footage sent to a designated batb 7 email. I may have a chance yet. I'll try to film one and show you guys the aftermath
    我很好,也我们不是

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettobirds View Post
    Yesterday they began accepting open submission through video footage sent to a designated batb 7 email. I may have a chance yet. I'll try to film one and show you guys the aftermath
    Good luck, haha I still can't do that switch front foot impossible you did in our game of skate. I guess I was right when I predicted I won't land that in the next year.

The Nike SB S.K.A.T.E option is retarded. I just lost a game because I haven't matched WITHIN 4 HOURS
    Last edited by NightRocker; 02-15-2014 at 03:43 PM.

Lol it wasn't switch but idk I got a bigger bag of tricks now and even if I don't get accepted I can still make something
    我很好,也我们不是

Kill your brain

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I wonder if this is just the tip of the iceberg for electronic device OS and and sports gear exclusivity arrangements? Imagine if Nike started putting a chip in their shoes that communicates via blue tooth with iPhones only to run a whole host of various applications. Pedometer and workout type stuff comes to mind but GPS kind of covers that utility at least for speeds and distances.

I actually really wonder why we still call these devices "phones. Most people only spend a very small fraction of the use actually talking on them these days.
    Doesnt Nike have that already with Ipods and Iphones?
    wubwub

Quote Originally Posted by andius View Post
    Doesnt Nike have that already with Ipods and Iphones?
    http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/baske...hyperdunk-plus
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

If your friend got tired of filming you doing flat ground tricks im guessing it took you a few too many trys to land your tricks in which case you would get smashed against the Pro's anyway.... Jus sayin

evil vibes

Yea, this isnt about the coolest tricks you can do, its about how consistent you can do hard tricks.
    Above the lakes, above the vales,
    The mountains and the woods, the clouds, the seas,
    Beyond the sun, beyond the ether,
    Beyond the confines of the starry spheres,
    My soul, you move with ease

He got tired because he doesnt have a care for filming and he doesnt have to have one either I just asked him for a favor and he changed his mind lol
    我很好,也我们不是

Veteran Member

The Mike Mo in slo-mo vid they just put up is unreal. He makes those late flips look smooth and effortless. Those aren't even close in my repertoire.

Loved some of the reactions when the joes seen which pros they were up against. This is gonna be sick. Can't wait till first match starts.

Thats Me!

yeah that vid was a crack up, looking forward to watching these

Cepeda fuckin snapped on that comeback! This BATB is too sick.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownRon View Post
    Cepeda fuckin snapped on that comeback! This BATB is too sick.
    Yeah, he's repping my homestate so I'm hoping he does well. That was an intense game. There really weren't any tricks in there that were outside of my bag, but I'll be damned if I could be confident enough with them to try em in a game of skate. I wish I could get that level of consistency.

Would be nice if they released a match up daily. The waiting sucks.

Veteran Member

Did y'all see the Chann v. Cole game? OMFG get this kid a sponsor.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

At first I was like "Cole is off his game" then he came back, then Chann came back swinging, too. It was definitely good.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Global Moderator

The Chann Vs. Cole match was like the most stressful game of skate ever hahaha

shoutout to Cody Whitt for respresenting shitty ol' NC ! For a state with minimal skateboarding, we've had some heavy hitters come out of here (Josiah Gatlyn,Justin Brock, Marc Johnson, Chet Childress, Dan Murphy, Mitch Triplett, Chris Cole is originally from NC, etc). I'm excited to see how he does!

As far as "Oh the berrics is getting stupid and nike is stupid and how dare they try to pay their bills" attitude goes, shut up. Nike blows, anyone who respects skateboarding acknowledges that. but if Nike is the one fronting the money for them to do this thing, quit your bitching. Some of the joes aren't even from North America. This segment of the site costs a LOT.
    Last edited by Shorty's_Kid; 03-27-2014 at 01:10 PM.