Mk2 bayo mount for Dvx100b (Need Help!!!!)

Thread: Mk2 bayo mount for Dvx100b (Need Help!!!!)

Default Mk2 bayo mount for Dvx100b (Need Help!!!!)

I recently just bought a panasonic dvx100b and I am wanting to buy the century optics mark 2 fisheye. I have found one online, however it is a 58mm bayonet mount instead of the screw in type. I need to know if this will mount on my camera as is, or if I need a special bayo ring. I see where my lens hood attaches there is some sort of bayo type attachment which is 72mm. Filmers please help!!!!!

Global Moderator

dude honestly, unless you find a really good deal on the century optics lens then just got with an Opteka fisheye. I film with a DVX-100b and use an Opteka lens and I do crop my footage a little but not much. The difference isn't much, I've put a Mark II on mine and done a side by side comparison and they're almost identical. The only difference I've heard is how the Mark II handles sun glares a little better. Here's some stuff I've filmed with the Opteka lens...

Retired Staff

Do yourself a favor and get the mk2 made for the dvx. Check the classifieds on skateperception.com They're all over the place. Coming from a previous DVX opteka person, the prices of real MK2s are cheap enough now just get one.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    Do yourself a favor and get the mk2 made for the dvx. Check the classifieds on skateperception.com They're all over the place. Coming from a previous DVX opteka person, the prices of real MK2s are cheap enough now just get one.
    I haven't priced one in a while so I was speaking purely from the price difference I remembered but if they are reasonably priced now then obviously go with a Mark II

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    I haven't priced one in a while so I was speaking purely from the price difference I remembered but if they are reasonably priced now then obviously go with a Mark II
    No doubt, wasn't saying that to be a dick to you. Just throwing in my $.02