My new project...

Thread: My new project...

Retired Staff

Default My new project...

I've decided I'm going to split the difference between a street board and a freestyle board. After I bought the new deck I found out that Sk8kings makes a 7.75" freestyle deck. Oh well. After reading both Rodney Mullen and Christian Hosois autobiographies I figured if they could modify decks for their purposes so could I.

I'm starting with this deck:

DCPLKMWOL2.jpg

One of my favorite skaters who's style I admire. The tail and concave feel a lot like the Almost I was skating.

The next step is ordering a skid plate to use as a template to shape the ends.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I got the skid plate the other day. The cool part of the graphic is that the wolves in the back ground give me a visual reference as to where to c-clamp the skidplate. The next step is to cut the ends. When I get to that point I'll post pics of what I did.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Very cool.

I will create a micro mini cruiser out of my regular street setup soon. Planning on making it a fun, square tail, pointy flat nose shape with the front truck close to the edge. Maybe wheel wells too, because want to use my 64mm wheels. i bought half inch risers though.

Retired Staff

It looks like this is pretty close to the method I'm going to use:

C/S,
    Rev J