Just started again

Thread: Just started again

Default Just started again

Just started skating again after about a couple months away from a board. Feels great to be on a board again. But having problems with heel flips. These were the first trick I learned way back when. I can still land them, but I have no height on them for some reason, and they don't level out. I can still land most of my tricks with good height. But for some reason when I try to heel flip they just feel uncomfortable. Is this just from not skating for so long? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Try some other things and circle back to them?

After 9 years of not skating I lost my frontside 180's when they use to be easy. At least I can half cab like a pro. Always thought heel flips felt awkward but seemed easier to land than kick flips. Heel flips feel awkward to flick but your feet naturally stay above the board. Kick flips have a natural flick but your front foot ends up being away from the board and you have to condition yourself to bring it back over the board.
    "i dream therefore i am not"

Frig off lahey

Just continue practicing, you will get them back. Its like that with all of the tricks :P
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    Gettin' sum G-Star shit tomorrow, stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

how many straight up heelflips do you see in skate videos? it's hard! the non-switch stance heelflip is one of those inexplicably hard tricks that just comes with practice and your own personal finesse. I'm no master, but I do mine with my front foot in ollie-position lengthwise on the board, but with the center of my heel right behind the center of the front bolts. basically ollie position but with about 1/3 of my foot hanging off the front of the board. It looks a little janky but hey... nobody's gonna be hatin' after I whip that 11 year old in a game of SKATE. boo-yah.

oh yeah and kick forward a lot. I barely concentrate on ollie motion at all. when I focus on kicking forward (toward the east if the nose of my board is facing north) then everything else is natural.

No tip is surefire to help, but a lot of my tricks have been a product of practice and random "ah-ha" moments from tips I've gotten. Good luck.
    Any fool can make a rule and any fool will mind it.

Me too just joined this forum. landed first impossible over a 10 stair tho

found a cool tee brand I'm reppin [IMG]siphon.american-apparel-unisex-fitted-tee.white.w380h440z1[/IMG]

wadda ya guys think?
    Last edited by Jadshieldskates; 04-01-2014 at 12:10 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Welcome to the forum Jadshieldskates. Please refrain from posting product links even of you are "reppin". Thanks A photo here and there is OK but we don't tolerate spam of any kind.

Carry on..

Also, pics of the 10 stair or BS!