Game of Skate sign ups
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Skate sign ups

Hybrid View

Default Game of Skate sign ups

Rules:
    Normal rules you'd play by at the park (ie no manuals, grabs, foot plants, etc.)
    The board must leave the ground all 4 wheels in the same motion and come down on all 4 wheels (unless the trick is something revert/pivot) but there will be no freestyle moves such as rail stands, caspers, 5050's and so on.
    After each set, there will be 5 days to try and match it. After that 5 day period, if you haven't matched, you'll receive a letter.
    Every person will know the order in which we'll be taking turns so each new set must also be uploaded at the end of that 5 day period to keep the ball rolling along quickly without much wasted time.
    All sets/matches should be uploaded to youtube. This will do a few things: it will eliminate the need for a hand sign (because we can just look at the upload date and see it was uploaded after the set time, we'll just have to trust they aren't using old clips and re-uploading them)
    All matches/sets must have the title "Skaterscafe game of skate (trick, match/set)" so that people who view it or stumble across it can see where it is and join the site and join a future game of skate. Having Skaterscafe game of skate in the title will also link all of our videos together in the related videos so people can watch one, then see that there are other tricks and start watching the whole game.

Order:
    NightRocker (Set 360 flip, matches due on Friday 3/21)
    RobbySkateboard (Set switch bs flip, matches due on Friday 3/21) **Please note that there are only two sets to be matches right now because of how we started this game differently.)
    Trebor
    Pathtek4
    Ghettobirds

The trick thread is here: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthrea...e-Trick-Thread
    and all matches/sets should be uploaded there so we can keep it organized and easy to find. We will keep the first post of both threads updated with scores. All conversation should be done in this thread.
    Last edited by RobbySkateboard; 03-16-2014 at 03:31 AM.

Cafe Fuzz

Well, I'll find my camera. Yea, I'm in.

Robby, make this the discussion thread and make a "trick" thread
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I'll make one

Nameless

finally getting to go up against Pathtek!
    The last man on earth was sitting in his living room when he heard a knock at the door...

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

It's your turn to set Robby

I filmed a switch bs flip the other day thinking it was going to be just you and I playing, so I guess I'll upload that right now in order to move it along, but we'll give everyone until 5 days after my set to match the 360 flip and switch bs flip since we didn't really officially start. I picked switch bs flip because I was going through your channel (nightrocker) and I saw some switch double flips and some other tricks but I didn't see a switch bs flip and I wanted to pick a trick I didn't think you could do already but that you could learn and match within the 5 day time frame. I'll try uploading that to youtube right now and get that in the trick thread. Also, I guess we'll just keep it in the current order at the top of the page then of:
    NightRocker
    RobbySkateboard
    Trebor
    Pathtek4
    Ghettobirds

So trebor, I know you told me you already filmed your three flip but haven't uploaded it, so go ahead and upload that, film a switch bs flip and try to get a set filmed and ready for 5 days from now (we'll call it sometime friday)

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Nice set! I've done a few in the past but haven't filmed any! Don't know if I can still do those though lol, I lost most of the tricks on my channel.

Cafe Fuzz

I'm not going to be 100% into this game as of yet. Just so you guys know I'm not dodging it, just scheduling (getting home after dark).

BTW, nice set.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I got a shitty match, I'll try every day until Friday and see if I can land with roll away.

prepare yourselves for the ultimate downflick sw bs flip
    我很好,也我们不是

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Alright I didn't have the patience to try another one, so if you don't count the thing I uploaded earlier then I'll take a letter.

that'll definitely count! I'm no stickler, the idea behind me setting that trick was for you to just learn the trick and you definitely have the right idea behind the trick so it's cool. Plus my set wasn't by at all clean either, I filmed it on the way to the car to go golfing, my friend and I were walking out to my truck and I saw my skateboard and had him film that in 30 seconds then we left, haha.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Alright, thanks dude. Trebor go ahead and set!

clearly trebor is out... pathtek or ghettobird, one of you guys set something or it'll just be myself and nightrockr

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Yeah I guess whoever isn't responding by Saturday is out, can't really have a GOS with people who infrequently visit the site.

Edit: I guess I'll go ahead and set now, if any of the other peeps still want to play just say so, but don't post and then disappear for a week.
    Last edited by NightRocker; 03-29-2014 at 01:09 PM.

Go ahead and set Nightrockr, if they wanted to play they would have at least said something regarding a set by now. It looks like it's down to you and I, so prepare your ass as it's about to be handed to you on a silver plater.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Done!

I even managed to get a trick for the set after this one, if you feel like this is bad (tictacs, not going fast enough) I'll redo it. I feel confident enough I'll be able to land another one.

that was plenty fine for a friendly game of virtual skate, haha. I've got a shitty shift at work today where I'll be off at 1, I have some other shit to do but I'll try to take a moment and film a match/set. Maybe 540 flip seeing as how you have a few attempts on your channel, but no lands.

ok, got my match up and my set up. Damn dude, I haven't even TRIED a nollie double flip in like 5 years, that was NOT so much fun, haha. I was going to set a 540 flip but I filmed these on my phone and the battery was dying since I was using it all day at work so I ended up just doing a trick I thought I could get quick, switch 360 flip. I'm not particularly good at them or consistent with them so I don't know why I thought I'd do that in order to save my phone from dying, but I did end up getting a sketchy one first try and the one I used second try. I'm fairly proud of that switch 3 flip, I've never caught a switch one at 270 and followed it back the other 90 in air, so that was kind of neat.

Edit: Forgot to say, take your time on a match/set I don't know how much free time I'll have to skate until Friday. If you get one up I might be able to try and skate in the morning before work, but there's no rush on this match/set.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Alright, I needed an excuse to practice my switch 3 flips. At the skatepark one day some sort of divine spirit went inside me and I landed a bunch of them rolling fast. I'll be lucky to do one 270 now haha.

Edit: video is private