Game of Skate sign ups - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Game of Skate sign ups

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Nope, I'll buy it with the change I have after getting a new camera.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Ok I have a board, but I'm a little busy tomorrow and on the weekend but I'll see what happens. I'm likely going to sell my GoPro and buy a used T2i or a Nikon J3.

sounds good, I don't have time tomorrow or Saturday myself either, so whenever you get to it.

I just started watching Breaking Bad because of your avatar picture. I had always heard it was great but never saw it, decided to start watching it yesterday. I've seen the first 4 or 5 episodes so far, it's amazing! haha

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

It's great, the first episode just makes you want to watch the whole thing.

yeah, usually I don't expect much from first episodes because they have to set up characters and plot, but that was a great first episode. Any idea when you'll get a match/set up?

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I'm very busy with summative assignments for school but I can try to get something quick on the weekend.

Edit: I got a trick filmed from the weekend, I'll upload it soon hopefully

super sweet, can't wait to try to match it, unless it's another double flip variation, I can't do that shit well unless it's a normal stance double flip or 360 double flip. It took me forever to land that nollie double flip, I finally figured out a decent way to mob it and got around a few 2.5 flips before landing the one I did. And that half cab double heel I straight up could not get on my 8.5, I had to cheat and do it on my freestyle set up which is an 8.0. I tried for like an hour on the 8.5 and think I might have gotten two or three to actually flip the double heel, but one or two of them where still flipping as my feet were already on the ground, and then one I landed on but couldn't hold on because I had to suck my legs up and land like I was sitting down and I just couldn't stand up after that to save it quick enough.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I don't think you'll have a problem matching it, I can't do all the tricks I set last time since my hitatus from skating so it's gonna be an easy one.

I'll try and match this and get a set up asap but just a heads up, I don't know when asap is. I might be able to today or tomorrow, but it might also have to wait a week. There's a family emergency in the making right now, but it's looking extremely likely that I'll have to pause this to drive up north for a funeral and to help family sort/move stuff. This has been basically a year in the half in the making so we've all prepared for it, but it looks like today is the day.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

No problem, take your time

Thanks, yeah my grandmother up in northern California passed yesterday afternoon about 2 hours after I posted that. I had work from 12-9pm today and will have work from 11-9 tomorrow and then Thursday morning I'll be driving up there for a burial and helping with some family stuff up there, then driving back Sunday, I'll hopefully have ample time to match sometime between Sunday night and Thursday while also working, but hopefully I can find some time in there because I'll be driving back up on Friday again for the service and home on that Sunday. So hopefully I can get a match/set up mid next week. Sorry for the delay but I'm sure you understand. Thanks.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

I understand. My veteran grandpa is handicapped with Parkinson's and I'm pretty sure he has cancer too, but he's holding on.

Thanks for the extra time, got a match of the switch double flip and set a 360 double flip

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Video is priv8

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    Video is priv8
    I do that EVERY time I upload it from the stupid imovie app for iphone... But I always forget that I do that... haha I'm switching it right now.

just got back from another quick trip up north sorting some of my grandmother's old stuff. She had so much crap! Anyways, I think I don't have to go back up for a while so I'm able to finish this game out normally now.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Uuuuuuuuuugh fuck. Good game, you're a real challenge.

darn, I thought you were gonna match the 360 double. Originally I was going to set 3 or 4 tricks and let you pick one of them to match and the others would just be nothing. I was gonna set a 540 flip, cab varial flip (or cab bigflip or fakie gazelle flip or whatever...) or a 540 bigflip to fakie but ended up not having as much time. I tried to film the cab varial first but couldn't get it as quickly as I had expected so moved onto a 360 double so I could just get that up and get ready for work. Great game, I almost took a letter on the nollie double flip, the switch double flip, and if I didn't have a spare board with an 8.0 deck I probably would have had to have taken a letter on the half cab double heel. Double flips seem to be the common pattern with me. Unless it's a straight double flip normal or fakie or a 360 double flip, those I can do. I didn't mean to get you on 5 straight tricks, that's not very sportsmanlike on my part. I should have set some easier stuff and built you up to the weird ones.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Nah, you're just too good for most people. You should've been on BATB.