There's no future for me?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: There's no future for me?

Default There's no future for me?

Ok, call me an a*****e but what I'm saying is true. I have quite a different personality than my friends do (I'm very quiet, not wanting to do bad stuff like drugs, smoke, etc.). And they all have girlfriends but I don't. I never have had one and I've concluded that I never will. I've had to break up with FOUR girls that I was interested in for various reasons this school year. My old parents won't stop being b*****s(dad is 57, mom is 52) and are ALWAYS grumpy. We have very little money to fix up our house and our cars have seen better days. They can't afford to send me and my 13-year-old to college, and I don't even know where I want to go or what I should do there! Because my f*****g parents are always mad, I am in constant mental pain and can only think negatively. I think I'm physically and mentally ugly(I'm overweight and keep getting rashes all over me). Don't even think about telling me not to give up because for me giving up is the only answer.

Retired Staff

You don't need to go to college. I don't know why every mother fucker out there these days thinks that they need to go to college, especially right after they get out of high school. Also, your family is struggling for money, why would you want to put them in an even deeper hole to send you to college when you don't even know what the fuck you want to do? You're 15 years old, get a job next year and save money. Im so sick of people complaining about money and other shit that they can fix but they choose to just whine about it instead.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Yes, quit whining. What's the point of even posting this if you don't want us to encourage you to do better?

I could do better in skateboarding, but not in other situations like this. My parents still wanna send me to college but I know we can't afford it. Even though I have 2 wait till November to get my driver's license, the way we're going, I'll never have my own car. I do want people to support me, but nobody reaches out. It's like nobody cares about me. Just like in romance. I wish I had a girlfriend, but I know that I will never have one. Plus I have to pay like $20 per WEEK just for school lunch which is f*****g ridiculous. I guess I shouldn't give a damn about life.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

1. Stop whining
    2. It's your parents' decision to send you to college. If they're willing to pay then they can afford it.
    3. I'm older than you and I'm in no rush to get a car, don't be spoiled. You don't need one.
    4. I never had a girlfriend. Frankly I don't give a shit.
    5. Make your own lunch, I only buy cafeteria lunch once or twice a week, because I have money from a job.
    6. I bet your condition is better than 50% of the world's population.

Retired Staff

Your biggest problems are yet to come. Not everyone has it easy but its what you make of it in which will make you prosper. Keep your head up. No point in complaining because that's just wasting time that you could be investing into making the situation better. Everyones unique in their own way and your only 15 so your physical appearance hasn't even fully developed yet. In high school most relationships are just flings and they never last, so you shouldn't set having a girlfriend as a priority. You said your parents are older and are going through financial issues, well their human, they have problems too and you in distress is just making it worse for them, because they love you. Continue to keep doing good in school before thinking about the next step, you gotta make it there first. The future is good to think about but the time is now. After HS you may decide you want to take a year off, or get a job to save money or a good job offer might come up after HS in which youd like to pursue instead of furthering your knowledge. With this being said, don't let schooling get to you just get through your current phase first. If your not the best socially sometimes that can work out to benefit you. Just live your life.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Gravity Slave Moderator

Many people either get huge student loans or join the military for several years to secure education funds. College is more and more over rated these days. Real world experience is more valuable in the job market than a four year drunken binge.

I'm not even thinking about having a girl now because not one has come into my life. I recently concluded that there were no girls out there for me. I guess I will just keep taking the bus till I graduate in 2016. But then again, how could I pay for gas, maintenance, loans, etc. if I had a car? I know how to pay for gas (I have a learners till November, and I drive my mom's 2005 Chrysler Pacifica), but not loans. No college or car for me I guess

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

You're 15, chill. You sound like Ted Mosby.

Ask Rev J, someone correct me if I'm wrong but he's an adult and doesn't drive.

I don't know who Rev J is

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.php?38238-Rev-J

In conclusion, you really don't need a car.

Global Moderator

I didn't get my license until I was 18 and when I did I didn't have a car until I could afford it.

Your parents are struggling financially? Then get a job! My parents have never paid a single bill of mine (excluding the fact that I live in their house and eat there once or twice a week) after I got a job (btw I'm 20). I didn't go to college and I work full time, own a like-new car, pay for almost every meal, pay my phone, gas, insurance, skateboards and everyyyy thing else in my life and I still have a decent amount of left over cash each month.

Also, I didn't have a real girlfriend until I was 19, I thought the same thing as you but it happened. I didn't see it coming and I'm still surprised it did almost a year later.

but the reason why I'm telling you this is that you need to suck it up, stop feeling sorry for yourself and go do something. What your parents do/don't do doesn't matter. You will be on your own before you know it.

Cafe Fuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Scootersrgay528 View Post
    Ok, call me an a*****e but what I'm saying is true. I have quite a different personality than my friends do (I'm very quiet, not wanting to do bad stuff like drugs, smoke, etc.). And they all have girlfriends but I don't. I never have had one and I've concluded that I never will. I've had to break up with FOUR girls that I was interested in for various reasons this school year. My old parents won't stop being b*****s(dad is 57, mom is 52) and are ALWAYS grumpy. We have very little money to fix up our house and our cars have seen better days. They can't afford to send me and my 13-year-old to college, and I don't even know where I want to go or what I should do there! Because my f*****g parents are always mad, I am in constant mental pain and can only think negatively. I think I'm physically and mentally ugly(I'm overweight and keep getting rashes all over me). Don't even think about telling me not to give up because for me giving up is the only answer.
    Scooter. I don't believe for a second that your life is going to be terrible because of your current situation. Sure, people are a "product of their enviroment" but at the same time, you can use that to your advantage. Myself, I grew up poor, shy, unattractive. My mother left when I was 4, and I grew up with my father and 2 sisters. When I tell you we had no money, I mean no money. Skateboarding was my outlet, it was the one thing that money was saved for from my father once a year. I worked as early as 15 to get the "extras" that everyone else had given to them, that I did not. That hard work and made me what I am now. Today, I have a wonderful wife, 2 kids, a very good job, cars, a house, take vacations (which I never did as a child), and when the days get hard, I talk to that kid I was and know no matter what, it got better. It will Scooter, just keep with the struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Puff the herb to relax you and stop thinking so much about it, its gonna make it worse for you
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    Gettin' sum G-Star shit tomorrow, stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    You're 15, chill. You sound like Ted Mosby.

Ask Rev J, someone correct me if I'm wrong but he's an adult and doesn't drive.
    That's true. I don't drive.

And now some insight from an adult. Every bodies life sucks at 15. You're a ball of raging hormones and confusion. You have almost no life experience and most of it sucks. It's easy at that age to believe you have no future because you barely have a fucking past. Shit I was a social fucking outcast with a high IQ and learning disabilities. So I had some classes with regular to smart kids where I got treated like shit for being in slow classes too. And I had some slow classes where I was treated like shit for having classes with the smart kids too. I skated but none of the skaters liked me. I played bass and was into heavy metal so the metal heads would tolerate me and apologize for saying skater fag in front of me.

Eventually I hit senior in high school and nobody really gave a shit about my eccentricities anymore and left me the fuck alone if they didn't like me or hung out occasionally if they did. Nobody else really mattered.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Oh, THAT guy...

I'm not sure someone with BART at their disposal is really a valid case study.

Also this:

"Driving

I am convinced that San Francisco was built as a dune buggy course, but became an actual city in the 1970s. Ive had the displeasure of driving in Los Angeles, Boston, New York City, and Houston; yet San Francisco is the only city on earth where Id rather set my car on fire and leave it smoldering in the middle of a one-way street than spend another two hours creeping up a series of 50 degree inclines, hoping to find a loading zone to briefly stop in before loudly, hopelessly weeping into my steering wheel"

http://www.vice.com/read/reasons-why...rst-place-ever
    Last edited by Number6; 04-07-2014 at 07:21 PM.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Scootersrgay528 View Post
    I guess I will just keep taking the bus till I graduate in 2016.
    Wait this is a problem?
    Shit I've done that and I really didn't care

It's pretty much what everyone said: you're young and a lot of young people don't know what to do with themselves. The main problem is that you are lazy, you don't know what struggling is.

Have a problem? Then go fix it.
    Overweight? Go work out. Poor? Get a job and advance in school.
    Don't go moping around, get up and actually solve your problems

Quote Originally Posted by Trollskater View Post
    Puff the herb to relax you and stop thinking so much about it, its gonna make it worse for you
    Yeah dood rite weeds2kool4skool
    ...yeah I'm pretty sure ignoring things that are challenging you are not going to make problems go away

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    College is more and more over rated these days. Real world experience is more valuable in the job market than a four year drunken binge.
    As much as that is kind of true, there are many jobs that won't even look at you unless you have a degree. There are cases where college is really worthwhile as opposed to going without it; you get more research/internship opportunities that way. I mean I just got offered a paid internship at a company just because I got a solid grade in one of my professor's class.

But I'm just sharing my experiences from my perspective in regards to getting jobs involving science/engineering. Not sure how it works anywhere else.

I ain't got no learning disability and I'm proud of it. I guess I shouldn't ask for a car then. It will save THOUSANDS of dollars that we need just to LIVE.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I mostly drove my parents' car when I was 15(learning) and 16 licensed. I bought a rusted out 1970 Chevy Impala for a hundred dollars (1980 money) that I drive over the summer. I worked at fast food and regular restaurants over the summer to keep dumping money in to that piece of crap to keep it running, tires, exhaust system, battery, starter, on and on. When the timing belt broke I junked it and went back to borrowing my dad's car on weekends. I did get a better car when I graduated high school though. Times were much better in the mid 80s. I doubt my kids will get nice cars handed to them though.

Scrubs Nerd

I don't know why you're putting so much pressure on yourself, you're only 15.

I loved being 15, no responsibilities and youthful bliss.