Eclipse and Blood Moon

Thread: Eclipse and Blood Moon

Default Eclipse and Blood Moon

Was pretty excited to find out we were having an eclipse and blood moon. It actually snowed yesterday which was weird, but the clouds managed to go away by the time the eclipse happened. For my first time shooting it, I think the photo's came out decent. Also used an old school manual 70-210 Tokina SD lens, which isn't the best telephoto lens but it did it's job. Tell me what you guys think.

being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

Global Moderator

Saw these on Insta... They are fucking sick. Stoked to see HQ versions!

I set an alarm to wake up and see this but apparently I turned it off in my sleep...

Also, how long did you expose these shots? I've been wanted to take some photos of the moon with my SLR but I'm just not sure what I should do about the settings.

Thanks man! Glad you like them.

For the eclipse I used a focal length of 210mm, 1/250 shutter speed @ F8 ISO 400 with spot metering and then cropped the photo. Only bumped up the sharpness in post edit very slightly.

The blood moon I'm not sure what focal length was set on or the aperture, I was playing around with it at the time, but the shutter was at 2.5 seconds with an ISO of 200 and spot metering. Think the aperture might of been at F8 or F11. Also bumped the sharpness up very slightly in this as well as darkening the sky a tad bit in post edit.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo