First roll of 35mm film

Thread: First roll of 35mm film

Global Moderator

Default First roll of 35mm film

Just got back my first roll from a Nikon I was using. I loaded the film before I really checked out the camera and it had like automatic shutter speed, which only worked sometimes so I only got a couple decent photos out of the batch but the ones I got I am pretty stoked on. I've switched to a Pentex now, that's I manually set. I've got a roll out now being developed. Also, i have a roll of 120 film in the mail that I'm really excited about seeing how it turns out... but here's the few I like from this batch.

I think this one might be my favorite, I just love imperfections and everything about this photo is imperfect.

This is a close second, really good wallride photo

Poor timing on this shot but I still like it, it was a no comply tail stall

Waxing up this ledge, I have a photo of him lipsliding it but it's out of focus, I'll post if anyone's interested.

Again, imperfections... I'm not sure what happened here but the green tinting and the vignette look really cool to me.

Thanks for checking these out! I'll post the 120 photos in a few days when I get them back!!!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Just try to imagine how stoked us old folks where when the town we lived in got a ONE HOUR PHOTO service. Before that people had to wait a week or longer before seeing any photos or having any clue if they even turned out at all.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Just try to imagine how stoked us old folks where when the town we lived in got a ONE HOUR PHOTO service. Before that people had to wait a week or longer before seeing any photos or having any clue if they even turned out at all.
    Well, one hour photo doesn't exist anymore!!! (at least around me) I take mine to walmart and they ship it off and it comes back after 2 weeks. I send my 120 film to a lab through the mail though.

Nice, dude! Totally diggin' the first three. Especially the third one just because you have that building in the background so it adds a little more to the picture besides just the trick. And who cares about imperfections. It's all about capturing the moment. And if you yourself like how they turned out, then that's all that matters. Keep at it.
    being chinese is my business and business be fkn crackin yo

яussian

Love the wall ride and waxing ones. What type of film did you use?

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
    Love the wall ride and waxing ones. What type of film did you use?
    It was just fujifilm ISO 400

The next roll I'm going to drop off is 800 though.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!!

Retired Staff

You can drop off 120 film at walmart and they send it out to some place for real cheap. Look it up, you have to fill something out on the envelope they give you.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    You can drop off 120 film at walmart and they send it out to some place for real cheap. Look it up, you have to fill something out on the envelope they give you.
    Yeah, I've heard that! But the employees are so clueless.

My roll of 120 should be uploaded soon, I'm like obsessively checking my email. I can't wait.

Global Moderator

Just got back a roll from a Pentex k1000, ISO 800 film.

Here are a few I like

and here are the rest, if anyone would like to see them

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

This is great, I was expecting the quality to be crap.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    This is great, I was expecting the quality to be crap.
    Thanks man! I'm really just starting to get the hang of it so hopefully the quality of the pictures will on increase from here!

Gravity Slave Moderator

I was selling digital cameras in the early 00s. It actually took a long time for the optical quality of digital to catch up with 35 mm SLRs. I had one of the first mainstream Sony Mavica digital cameras. The total storage for the device disks was 1.2 megabytes TOTAL. I could get about 30-40 photos on a disk at the lowest quality setting and about 10 at the highest. There were higher meg cameras out there but not much higher. Next came various proprietary drives like Sony Memory Stick, then CDRW, then DVD, and finally universal format flash drives and SD cards like we currently have.

Global Moderator

I'm jealous of the spots you have

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    I'm jealous of the spots you have
    haha the spots in these photos are nowhere near where I live. Except the bank to yellow ledge is like 20 minutes away from house and that ledge my friend is waxing, but that thing is horrible haha.

The park shots and that one weird quarter pipe thing are all in Bedford, VA which is about 3 hours away and then the other spots are in Richmond, about an hour. We travel around a lot!

Beautiful Loser

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I was selling digital cameras in the early 00s. It actually took a long time for the optical quality of digital to catch up with 35 mm SLRs. I had one of the first mainstream Sony Mavica digital cameras. The total storage for the device disks was 1.2 megabytes TOTAL. I could get about 30-40 photos on a disk at the lowest quality setting and about 10 at the highest. There were higher meg cameras out there but not much higher. Next came various proprietary drives like Sony Memory Stick, then CDRW, then DVD, and finally universal format flash drives and SD cards like we currently have.
    that is so funny. i used to film skateboarding with some of the first digital cameras that could record videos back in the early 2000's, which included models from the first generation of consumer-quality pocket digital cameras (with 64MB SD cards which were a revolution back then) and random webcams, sometimes they would only record a succession of still pictures and i would have to manually animate the frames making .gifs or using windows movie maker when i finally got better software to work with than fucking windows 95. those cameras had been sitting in a drawer at my mom's house for a decade and just over the past few months i got them back and started messing around with them for shits and giggles. crazy how rudimentary they make skateboarding footage look in comparison to the crazy shit that gets pulled off nowadays, love it though because the aesthetics bring back tons of memories.