New guy in Arizona - Hello!

Thread: New guy in Arizona - Hello!

Default New guy in Arizona - Hello!

What's up guys?

I'm 50 years old, grew up skateboarding but stopped when I was 25. Skated off and on after that but got serious about skating again just a few months ago, skating the parks in my area around Mesa, AZ. Thought it might be fun to join a forum to hear about other peoples sessions and chat.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya same here. Quit skating at 17 when I was driving everywhere. Picked it up to get around campus in college. Didn't do much after that then picked it up again at about age 45. Bought a bunch of boards, spend a little time at the local park playing in the pool and quarter pipes, bombing the hills in my neighborhood. Got set ups for my kids and they messed around with them some but lost interest. I kinda also lost interest again when they didn't stick with it. But, I will go kick around the block once in a while though just for the hell of it. No longer a skater but it was fun to pick it back up again for a while. Might dabble back in to more of it when the nest empties.

Global Moderator

Mesa, Eh? I've spent a lot of time there, was just there about a month ago actually. Eventually moving there after some anchors here at home get cut off. haha

Thats Me!

welcome welcome

Nice man! Glad to hear you jumped back on the board! Welcome to the group, I'm sure you have great weather over that.
    when you fall, you gotta get back up to land the trick.