Too fat for a penny board?

Thread: Too fat for a penny board?

Default Too fat for a penny board?

Hey guys, I'm 6'2 and weigh about 250 pounds. I know I'm big and need to lose weight, so I'd appreciate it if I didn't have to hear that from here; I'm making this post mainly to ask if its ok for me to get a penny board. I was considering about maybe getting a stereo vinyl, since a buddy of mine has one and gives it good praise. Any advice you can give me on the board I should buy (or if i should buy one at all) would be greatly appreciated!
    Did you hear the joke about the peanut butter? Well i better not tell you. Cuz you might....
    SPREAD IT.

Global Moderator

I mean, yeah... you'd be fine... but those vinyl boards (including the penny, nickel, or what ever) all suck. They're difficult to control for a lot of beginners and are very limited as to what you can do with them. If anything I'd suggest a small wooden cruiser. I've got a Scumco Cruiser (this one http://assets.brickharbor.com/vendor...Y-CEBZOOM1.JPG) with some really soft wheels, it is a little more pricey but the overall quality is much better and would be a lot easier to learn to ride and I skate it like a regular skateboard sometimes and it works really well.

That's just my thoughts but yeah, those boards are tough just like any other board is so the weight definitely isn't a problem.

Just whatever you do, dont get a Penny please...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bencker
    When i read his nickname i always picture a mexican with a big hat holding a waffle ^^

^^^^^^ DO IT NOW. Its better than Element

яussian

Same advice as everyone else -- don't get a penny board. Especially at 6'2".

A small/medium sized cruiser (like a regular skateboard, or a 33" Earthwing Miniglider, etc) would fit you best (IMO). I have the miniglider and it's pretty much perfect for my height (6'3"). The smallest I would go would be a 30" or 28", anything smaller (especially a penny board) would be horribly awkward to ride (and would look stupid)

Gravity Slave Moderator

Friends don't let friends skate plastic. Get a wood deck.

I had a plastic board when I was 5, back in the early 70s. It sucked, and it would only go straight. There's a reason why they changed them, and made them better. lol

Speed Junkie

check out Muir Skate
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

Retired Staff

"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J