What are your favorite trucks for freestyle?

Thread: What are your favorite trucks for freestyle?

Default What are your favorite trucks for freestyle?

I have heard a lot of people say that it doesn't matter what kind of trucks you use for freestyle. I have been using Destructo trucks because that's what I had. (My first modern board I bought second hand from Craigslist, the trucks were way too small for the deck they were on).
    Anyway, they seem to be okay, but they are all I've used for freestyle. My only complaint is the baseplate doesnt have a great platform for 50/50s and pogos. Is there something better for freestyle?

What is your favorite truck for freestyle and why?

Retired Staff

I'm using a 7.75" modified street deck for freestyle so I have more choices. But I think the Tensor Rodney Mullens that I'm skating are really good for my style. At first I had to get used to the feel. When you skate them straight they feel really stable like tight trucks but when you turn they feel like there is a slight drop off and then they turn like loose trucks.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Speed Junkie

I'm skating -7.25" board so Indy 109's work for me
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

Rusty_Berrings

I got the Paris trucks that they sell on Decomposed and they're splendid. need a few washers behind the wheels to fit a 7.3 Kuncz deck so I think I'm switching to a Witter deck next time I have a buncha money…. aside from dat, I be rockin Indy trucks on a 8" blank and they're fine for truck stands, footwork, underflips and whatever else. Def prefer the street deck over all. Less of a hassle to bring two boards around so if I wanna do some freestyle after the park I just got some freestyle wheels on a normal street setup.

Retired Staff

^^Thats kind of what I do. Only I'm running a 7.75" street deck that I squared the ends of like a freestyle board. Running Decomposed Keith Renna wheels on it.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

Word. I got the pile of skulls decomposed wheels. got 3 sets of em going on different setups actually. haha. great wheel.

Retired Staff

I haven't tried the Pile of Skulls but got a great deal on the Rennas. Check ebay user name is dxsxfx. It's Witter Cheng. You can usually get better deals/experimental completes than on Decomposed's website.

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

yeah they're good. haven't tried the Renna's yet but I imagine the urethane is just as good there too… i actually got some of the Harris Seismic wheels off his eBay a long time back.

Retired Staff

No shit how are they?

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

The Seismic Harris wheels? They're damn good. They don't make em anymore though. A lil bigger than what I like (they're 55's) but the shape and urethane are both great.

Retired Staff

I saw another brand of Harris wheels on Decomposed's site.

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

Ah yeah those are the same shape just different urethane/pourer. Skull Skates made em I believe, I don't skate black wheels though.

Retired Staff

I think Momentum also made a Kevin Harris wheel at one point. It's funny that if I knew at 13 what I know now I would've bought the complete Powell Kevin Harris that my local bike/skate shop had when I was 13 and bought my first board.

C/S,
    Rev J

Rusty_Berrings

Maybe I was thinking of Momentums and not Seismic actually. They were white though.

Retired Staff

Yeah and they had the Mountie graphic on them.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

These trucks are pretty dope for freestyle..