What phone do you use?

Thread: What phone do you use?

Hmm2 What phone do you use?

Hey, Skaterscafe! Haven't been around for a while. Guess it happens from time to time heh heh. (I'm active for a while then will disappear off of the website.)

Anyways! I just got a new iPhone 5C (got the blue one ) and started wondering what all of you Skaterscafe members currently use/have. I've always had Androids and have owned a Windows phone, liking them all in their own ways! I recently made the switch to the iPhone 5C because I dropped my Motorola Razr into the river about a month or two ago I've loved it so far! Maybe one of my favorite phones I've had..

Android and Apple or other fanboys, feel free to argue! I personally will never judge anybody on their cell phone, whether it be a $15 cheapo from Wal-Mart, or a $600 Android or Apple product, seeing as I have owned some pretty cheap phones before, and expensive alike.

Post a pic of your device too!

(the phone..)
    Last edited by gilby; 08-11-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Global Moderator

I have an Iphone 5s... I've had the worst luck with iphones though. I've had 4 in the last 2 years. First one cut off while I was watching a video and wouldn't turn back on, filed an insurance claim, got a refurbished one, the speaker and microphone didn't work from the box but I wasn't too worried because I had an upgrade in 3 months, then the top button got stuck, eventually got a 5s about a month ago and it randomly turned off after I had it for 3 weeks and didn't turn back on, took it to verizon and they gave me a new one, this one hasn't broken yet but I did have a dream last night that it shattered... that can't be good.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Nokia Lumina with Windows OS. Love it so far but do miss not having a speaker phone option. Always have a bluetooth ear piece so no real big deal. I got it because I like the camera on it. I use the camera a lot. Still getting used to having internet phone. Ability to make font HUGE is also a plus for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    I have an Iphone 5s... I've had the worst luck with iphones though. I've had 4 in the last 2 years. First one cut off while I was watching a video and wouldn't turn back on, filed an insurance claim, got a refurbished one, the speaker and microphone didn't work from the box but I wasn't too worried because I had an upgrade in 3 months, then the top button got stuck, eventually got a 5s about a month ago and it randomly turned off after I had it for 3 weeks and didn't turn back on, took it to verizon and they gave me a new one, this one hasn't broken yet but I did have a dream last night that it shattered... that can't be good.
    Damn that sucks dude! That is some pretty bad luck! Do you happen to drop your iPhone a bunch? 😉 But if your iPhones really do break for no reason all the time that sucks. Hmmm, maybe if this one breaks you'll be better off using a different phone next time haha

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gilby View Post
    Damn that sucks dude! That is some pretty bad luck! Do you happen to drop your iPhone a bunch? 😉 But if your iPhones really do break for no reason all the time that sucks. Hmmm, maybe if this one breaks you'll be better off using a different phone next time haha
    I'd only seriously dropped one of my Iphones once and it was after everything was messed up (the refurbished one with broken speaker and mic) it did crack the screen though.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Nexus 4, a total piece of shit. I'm surprised it hasn't restarted on me when I wrote this message.

Scrubs Nerd

I've had my nexus 4 for a year more or less a few days. Still works great.

яussian

iPhone 5s. Would be cool to try an Android or Windows phone but I am too tied to the apple ecosystem at this point.

I did enjoy Windows for some of the cool specs the phone had and the amazing camera quality. But I was pretty disappointed in the amount of apps they had available. You got maybe 25% of what you could get from Androids or iPhones on the Windows phone.

LeftLaneClosed

just switched from the nokia lumia 710 to the samsung galaxy s3 mini. Having a few troubles with the battery and gps, but i'm figuring it out

Oh, THAT guy...

Waiting for my EVO 4G to either die or be rendered non-functional due to lack of updates. Nexus 5 after that.

I have an antique- and iphone 4s. lol My DH has the 5, but when the new ones come out next month I think we're getting new ones. I have to say, we've only had iphones, and we've had NO problems with them. I love them.

good vibes

Just got the Droid Maxx, supposed to have a crazy amount of battery life (600 hours in stand by), but my phone certainly isn't in stand by so it lasts about a day. Best phone I've had though, way better than my last, Galaxy S3.

Global Moderator

Right now I have a HTC One X. It's a few years old, and was a great phone in it's prime, but it's old and kicking the bucket. It operates really sluggish, it restarts itself, battery is so weak now that it only lasts about 4 hours and that's if i'm only texting and occasionally using instagram or twitter. If I put it in airplane mode i'll get about 6 hours out of it. The only complaints i had about the phone before it started dying out on me was the lack of removable battery, and lack of a memory card slot. If it was still operating like it used to, I still wouldn't be looking for another phone.

but later this week I believe that I'm going to be getting a G3.

kyocera hydro vibe. It's pretty good for an android phone from sprint. The camera quality kind of sucks though, but the fact that I can get LTE half of the time anywhere besides school is ok.

Oh yeah, sorry for the bump.

Skating Is Good