Who's Still Lurking?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Still Lurking?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Default Who's Still Lurking?

OK speak up folks. Who's still lurking here but not really having anything to say?

Me

Kill your brain

wubwub

LeftLaneClosed

Yup!

Retired Staff

I still come on about 4 or 5 times a week.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

яussian

h-hey

k
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    Gettin' sum G-Star shit tomorrow, stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

Super Moderator

aye

I'm still here lol.
    Every me and every Hsu.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

K

WelcomeToWhiteCastleBitch cdragon1's Avatar

O
    http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=2479236 join my fantasy football league if you're into that shit

k
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

Speed Junkie

LURK
    that's gonna leave a mark.........yup gravity still works

It's sad to see the activity on this site go down like it has. I can't believe I've been lurking this site for over six years. I've met some really great people on this site and a few I've actually met in person. This site taught me so much growing up, I remember when I joined this site I couldn't skate or spell and this site helped me with both haha. I remember late nights on tinychat with all the homies and I'm beginning to remember more and more people that used to frequent this site over the years. I wish I could have found this site earlier and been around since the beginning. I lurk this site in hope of random people remembering about it and signing on after years of being M.I.A. We need to bring back this board so all those people have a community to come back to when they login after all that time. Remember when there used to be a new how to kickflip thread everyday? I remember those days haha. I remember when there would be drama and shit actually happening on these boards. When there were like 10 games of skate going on and all kinds of skate videos getting posted. And I miss the conversations that weren't about skating, there used to be some good debating in the science and religion section and all over the boards. I think the post your random thought thread helped kill the board along with inactivity and all kinds of members disappearing never to be seen again. I still lurk this site almost everyday and no one ever posts anything. Even in this thread everyone is posting a few words. I have so many good memories of this place and it's sad watching it die like this. MikeM repped my post in this thread and it got me thinking about the old times on this site and when there were actually posts on the board and I just want to say we shouldn't let it go out like this, let's bring back the boards!! haha

tl;dr
    I miss this site actually being active so start posting!!
    Last edited by STL; 09-22-2014 at 04:42 AM.
    Every me and every Hsu.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    It's sad to see the activity on this site go down like it has. I can't believe I've been lurking this site for over six years. I've met some really great people on this site and a few I've actually met in person. This site taught me so much growing up, I remember when I joined this site I couldn't skate or spell and this site helped me with both haha. I remember late nights on tinychat with all the homies and I'm beginning to remember more and more people that used to frequent this site over the years. I wish I could have found this site earlier and been around since the beginning. I lurk this site in hope of random people remembering about it and signed on after years of being M.I.A. We need to bring back this board so all those people have a community to come back to when they login after all that time. Remember when there used to be a new how to kickflip thread everyday? I remember those days haha. I remember when there would be drama and shit actually happening on these boards. When there were like 10 games of skate going on and all kinds of skate videos getting posted. And I miss the conversations that weren't about skating, there used to be some good debating in the science and religion section and all over the boards. I think the post your random thought thread helped kill the board along with inactivity and all kinds of members disappearing never to be seen again. I still lurk this site almost everyday and no one ever posts anything. Even in this thread everyone is posting a few words. I have so many good memories of this place and it's sad watching it die like this. MikeM repped my post in this thread and it got me thinking about the old times on this site and when there were actually posts on the board and I just want to say we shouldn't let it go out like this, let's bring back the boards!! haha

tl;dr

Gravity Slave Moderator

STL just outlined many of the reasons that dog town is still keeping the lights on. It's important for everyone to have place to go (forum) and venue for talking about things that they may not feel comfortable about sharing with their immediate family. It's important to be part of a community and have friends to support you through good times and especially through bad times. I think that critical mass of people is still hanging around, but agree it would be cool to see it grow again. One idea I had was to order some of those cheap vista print (or other brands) business cards with the site url on them and hand them out at skate parks or high school or whatever.

I think the music forums might be more popular than the skate ones depending on what new people want. Anyway, something to think about.

Global Moderator

I'm still here just about every day and try to post as much as I can!

Oh, THAT guy...

Present, just nothing to contribute at the moment.

Cafe Fuzz

Lets see, an update from me (not to make it about me, but here's an update). My daughter is 5, in Kindergarten now. My son is 3. Both like the "idea" of skateboarding, but they suck...damn posers, lol.

I've now worked in the same job from the time I was 19, which is going on 15 years next year. I don't really know if I'm getting burned out by it or what, but I don't enjoy it as much.

I still driveway skate and am thinking about building a funbox or something soon. I just wish I had more time to ride.

I'm glad you guys still come on. I have not heard anything from Ray, but as long as there is "hits" to the site, it will be open.

(also, I severely moderate new users, not letting any new registered people even set foot in the door without verifying their accounts by me, hence the lack of spam)

Love ya guys
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    (also, I severely moderate new users, not letting any new registered people even set foot in the door without verifying their accounts by me, hence the lack of spam)

Love ya guys
    You have high standards to maintain..

Thanks for the update on the family stuff. seems like just yesterday when they were born.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    It's sad to see the activity on this site go down like it has. I can't believe I've been lurking this site for over six years. I've met some really great people on this site and a few I've actually met in person. This site taught me so much growing up, I remember when I joined this site I couldn't skate or spell and this site helped me with both haha. I remember late nights on tinychat with all the homies and I'm beginning to remember more and more people that used to frequent this site over the years. I wish I could have found this site earlier and been around since the beginning. I lurk this site in hope of random people remembering about it and signing on after years of being M.I.A. We need to bring back this board so all those people have a community to come back to when they login after all that time. Remember when there used to be a new how to kickflip thread everyday? I remember those days haha. I remember when there would be drama and shit actually happening on these boards. When there were like 10 games of skate going on and all kinds of skate videos getting posted. And I miss the conversations that weren't about skating, there used to be some good debating in the science and religion section and all over the boards. I think the post your random thought thread helped kill the board along with inactivity and all kinds of members disappearing never to be seen again. I still lurk this site almost everyday and no one ever posts anything. Even in this thread everyone is posting a few words. I have so many good memories of this place and it's sad watching it die like this. MikeM repped my post in this thread and it got me thinking about the old times on this site and when there were actually posts on the board and I just want to say we shouldn't let it go out like this, let's bring back the boards!! haha

tl;dr
    amen to all of that

I burned countless hours into this site and flashchat during my highschool years, this place played a nice chunk of my high school life
    All I did back then was school, internet (which only consisted of youtube and skaterscafe) and skateboarding
    Times were so simple back then hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    I still driveway skate and am thinking about building a funbox or something soon. I just wish I had more time to ride.
    I have a few funboxes but I HATE lugging them around
    But, I desperately wanna find a granite countertop; the granite practically makes the funbox slide and grind like ice

But yeah, I have the same problem. I don't have as much free time as I used to.
    That's why I wanna make something, get lots of money and never work ever again so I can just dick around for the rest of my life... good plan right