Hey Nerds. How've you been?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Nerds. How've you been?

Default Hey Nerds. How've you been?

This site popped into mind so I thought I'd come say hi. How are those who remember me? I got a grownup job and got busy and stopped skating for the most part. I'm probably a better skater than ever. 2015 will be my return to what I once loved.

TRANNY

God

So you stopped skating but your a better skater than ever?

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    So you stopped skating but your a better skater than ever?
    Precisely. Every time I take a break I seem to come back refreshed and better. a couple years off and i must be pro by now. You should try it

Gravity Slave Moderator

Dang, it's so damned cold om Minnesota that The Beard got bored enough to log in here LOL! Hey dude, good to see you. Don't worry, in 15-20 more years you''ll hit the mid life crisis go try skating again vibe like most true skaters do.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by The Beard View Post
    Precisely. Every time I take a break I seem to come back refreshed and better. a couple years off and i must be pro by now. You should try it
    I have that too actually heh; sometimes I would have to stop skating for weeks because of school and stuff
    I come back and I'm pretty rusty, but once some of that rust wears off I progress super quick, feels great

Glad to see you again man!

God

Man whenever i stop skating i come back and can barely ollie until i get warmed up

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Scrubs Nerd

I haven't skated in months, I'm really starting to miss it.

yooo just popped back in tonight for shits and giggles. Looks like SC is damn near dead, what happened?

I'm the same way, always better at skating when I come back from a hiatus. It oddly helps out a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bencker
    When i read his nickname i always picture a mexican with a big hat holding a waffle ^^

^^^^^^ DO IT NOW. Its better than Element

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by le electric chr View Post
    yooo just popped back in tonight for shits and giggles. Looks like SC is damn near dead, what happened?
    We got hacked at some point last year and the site was down for a month. The forum was already dying but that hack really put a nail in the coffin.

Global Moderator

I start losing shit immediately if I don't skate regularly. Which sucks, because I can only skate on average once a week. So i kind of just stay exactly where I am and don't progress very far.

This past summer i didn't skate for two months and literally could barely 50-50 when i got back. I just have really bad muscle memory, i guess. I become unable to play things on guitar if I don't do it every other day too.

But, it's good to see your name on here again, beard.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Dang, it's so damned cold om Minnesota that The Beard got bored enough to log in here LOL! Hey dude, good to see you. Don't worry, in 15-20 more years you''ll hit the mid life crisis go try skating again vibe like most true skaters do.
    Haha yea the winter finally caught up with us in the North these last few weeks. We had it pretty easy until then. I know the guys that kick it back in gear in there mid-30s. My hiatus just isn't quite as long as theirs. I'm ditching the old delaminating board and getting some local shop board soon. Cheap for me, price-point for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    I have that too actually heh; sometimes I would have to stop skating for weeks because of school and stuff
    I come back and I'm pretty rusty, but once some of that rust wears off I progress super quick, feels great

Glad to see you again man!
    Thanks Mike! It's cool seeing familiar names after a few years gone.

Quote Originally Posted by le electric chr View Post
    Hey LEC, looking around the site I came to the same conclusion, then saw Pathtek or someone post about what KK is saying \/

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    We got hacked at some point last year and the site was down for a month. The forum was already dying but that hack really put a nail in the coffin.
    Rough stuff man. Pretty lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    I start losing shit immediately if I don't skate regularly. Which sucks, because I can only skate on average once a week. So i kind of just stay exactly where I am and don't progress very far.

This past summer i didn't skate for two months and literally could barely 50-50 when i got back. I just have really bad muscle memory, i guess. I become unable to play things on guitar if I don't do it every other day too.

But, it's good to see your name on here again, beard.
    Yea, I'm in a similar state with my guitar playing. The strings have acquired some dust and I quickly realized I can't remember how to play all the songs that used to come so easily to me. Back to Ultimate-Guitar! Thanks SK

Cafe Fuzz

Yeah kk360 pretty much sum'd it up...once we got that first big hack job that shut it down and damn near corrupted everything took too long to rebuild. Everyone disappeared.

Good to see some familiar faces still alive and well. Glad you all think to stop by. I think it will always be a meeting ground of just nostalgic stuff.

It has been way too cold to skate, but I have gone to the indoor park to hang out. Can't say I skate too much on my own so unless I find a buddy to ride and converse with...I'm literally "that guy" talking to just about anyone at the park.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Dr. Love

Good to see The Beard! I picked up the board the other day after a long time off it and it got me stoked to skate but then it snowed. Probably gonna hit the park tomorrow when it warms up. We really need to get this site more active haha
    Every me and every Hsu.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Good to see The Beard! I picked up the board the other day after a long time off it and it got me stoked to skate but then it snowed. Probably gonna hit the park tomorrow when it warms up. We really need to get this site more active haha
    Hey STL! I'm definitely looking forward to that afternoon in March where it gets to 60 degrees and the roads are mostly dry so I can take my short "longboard" out. Its a 10.5" cruiser deck on 70mm wheels but regular deck length. Rolls over everything!

Dr. Love

I love little cruisers. I've made two different street boards with fat decks and trucks with big, soft wheels but my friend got them both stolen. I definitely need to set up another.
    Every me and every Hsu.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I love little cruisers. I've made two different street boards with fat decks and trucks with big, soft wheels but my friend got them both stolen. I definitely need to set up another.
    set up another friend? I agree. How the hell does he get 2 boards stolen that aren't even his? Or are we saying... "Stolen..."?

Dr. Love

One got taken out of his uncle's house when he left it there and one he left in someone's car and it disappeared. I've known him literally my whole life and I doubt he would take them. He just doesn't keep it glued to his hip. And he wonders why I don't let him ride my bike LOL. I need to get a hold of some big ole trucks, a big deck and some big gummy wheels.
    Every me and every Hsu.

Accidentally googled my email and ended up here. *crying*
    When did we get rid of the cheesy logo?!!?

Cafe Fuzz

A long time ago. And it got lost in a deleted Archive. I can't even get Chester Cafe back
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.