Any chance I can go pro?

Thread: Any chance I can go pro?

Default Any chance I can go pro?

First off I don't want people to be dicks about this post. I've been skating for 6 years and I can do a lot of tricks. I can inward heelflip tailslide big flip out, bs blunt slide pop out, fs blunt slide, 5-0 switch crook, tre flip 10 stair, heelflip crook and alot more. Is it possible for me to go pro? I've talked to my dad about it and he supports me 100%. He said he will let me move from Ohio to California and pay for my living expenses until I'm at least 25 ( I'm 17 now). He said if I don't go pro he will help me make a shop or a indoor skatepark. Please don't talk shit, I really want to know if I have what lt takes, thanks.

Global Moderator

Just because you can do certain tricks doesn't automatically qualify you to go pro... Almost every kid in California can do all that stuff and more.

That being said, if that's what you want to do and your dad is paying the way then take advantage of that! California is fun and you're young so take any chance you can!

Gravity Slave Moderator

It's not so much what you know or who you know, but WHO KNOWS you! If you can manage to spend enough time out in the spots where other pros and sponsors hang, and if you're pretty good, and you don't act like a jack ass that thinks they're better than everyone else someone with funding might see potential in sponsoring you.

I have a few friends who live in LA and they said there's good skaters there but there's a lot of kids who aren't that good. He knows some people my age that are sponsored by girl and baker and they can only do fs tailslides and crooks. I know nowadays its all about knowing people. I'm moving to California in a year and I'm going to live with a few other friends that are also chasing their dream to become pro. One of them is on girl, and nike sb, and the other is on converse. But yeah I'm a really humble guy and I am never a jackass to anyone. Hopefully it all works out. Thanks for not being jerks about this post

Scrubs Nerd

Words don't mean anything without the footage to back it up.

Lol I have an Instagram @teo_mizeres I have a part coming out in a couple months. I don't really care what you guys say about the footage, as long as the tricks are good enough to be flowed or something. And these are just a few of my tricks. I can do alot of tricks with good style.

I'm laughing at this thread
    Quote Originally Posted by cfagit1
    Gettin' sum G-Star shit tomorrow, stoked!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

You're an idiot trollskater

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Greta job m8, I can nollie 360 front foot impossible off a building.
    Oh yeah I don't have footy you're just gonna have to trust me then.
    You're skating to get sponsored, thats sad.
    when one of the teachers which I really thought was cool because he helped me with bullies

Scrubs Nerd

For the record, I checked out your instagram. You're good but no where near sponsor level.

Can you give me the link so I can laugh for a bit ^ I don't have insta so I can't search

Scrubs Nerd

I'm pretty sure he's better than you are so stop being a dick.

Never did I once say I was better but I don't go around asking about going pro because skating is meant to be for fun

Retired Staff

But you are being a dick. Remember this isn't SB-C.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

I want to go pro because I love skateboarding, I'm not only skating to go pro. I like skating alot and it is a lot of fun, I've made a lot of friends through skateboarding and I plan on skateboarding for a long time even if I don't get close to becoming pro. My whole Instagram is just tricks I've learned in the past like 5 months, this isn't the only stuff I can do.

I'm just as good as my friend who is on converse and organika but I just don't have a street part yet. I'm having a part for my friends full length though I need 2 minutes of footy to send to some sponsors and I'm at a minute thirty. And there's no need to be a dick about someone chasing their dream.

LeftLaneClosed

Do you have any sponsors now? What kind of background do you have in promoting? Being sponsored isn't just about how awesome you are at skating, but you have to make the company revenue to be worth the product for them. I'm not that good of a skater, but I've been doing my best to promote the few companies I'm trying to work with, and keep them up to date on where I'm at.

i sent some footage to a rep at REAL skateboards and they said i'm definitely good enough to be flowed, but they said they want some more footage, so im trying to stack clips right now with my filmer. ive been offered local sponsors but i declined them.

Retired Staff

Dude I'm no expert but I think that declining local sponsors is a bad move. That is really how you get your foot in the door, learn the ins and outs of being sponsored etc.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J