RollerBones wheels for freestyle

Thread: RollerBones wheels for freestyle

Default RollerBones wheels for freestyle

Happy New Year all!

Was thinking of getting some new wheels with my next freestyle deck. Bones STF wheels are my favorite urethane, all I use on my street setups. I love the the way they slide and wear. Unfortunately, Bones does not make offset wheels for freestyle. However, they do make rollerskate wheels, "Rollerbones", which are offset. They are slightly larger in diameter, 57mm. In addtion, they still are measured in the "a" duro scale - 98a or 101a for Rollerbones versus 83b for Bones stf. I know Sean Burke from Decomposed and Mode used to ride them.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with these wheels? Do Rollerbones 101a slide and ride like Bones STF 83b? Also seems like the larger wheels may help with 50/50s and pogos.

Earth Punk

Long time man!

I don't have any experience but I know there are a ton of freestyle skaters who used roller skate wheels when freestyle wheels weren't available. I read that Yo Yo Shulz used Italian Roll Line roller skate wheels due to their similarities to the original Bones Freestyle wheels.

It kind of gets me though that Powell and Peralta will reissue the Mullen and Kevin Harris freestyle boards and whatever other boards from the late 80s/early 90s but won't reissue the wheels. Especially since when street skaters started going for the smaller wheel thing skaters like Ray Barbee were skating the Bones Freestyle wheels on their street set ups.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Quote Originally Posted by not2old2sk8 View Post
    Happy New Year all!

Was thinking of getting some new wheels with my next freestyle deck. Bones STF wheels are my favorite urethane, all I use on my street setups. I love the the way they slide and wear. Unfortunately, Bones does not make offset wheels for freestyle. However, they do make rollerskate wheels, "Rollerbones", which are offset. They are slightly larger in diameter, 57mm. In addtion, they still are measured in the "a" duro scale - 98a or 101a for Rollerbones versus 83b for Bones stf. I know Sean Burke from Decomposed and Mode used to ride them.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with these wheels? Do Rollerbones 101a slide and ride like Bones STF 83b? Also seems like the larger wheels may help with 50/50s and pogos.
    i have 5 ore 6 sets of Bones freestyle sets. they are lovely and awesome for freestyle. but they wear down pretty quick.

Similar wheels are the new Harris Wheels, still my favs. Really good offset for stable rail tricks

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by Dog4life View Post
    i have 5 ore 6 sets of Bones freestyle sets. they are lovely and awesome for freestyle. but they wear down pretty quick.

Similar wheels are the new Harris Wheels, still my favs. Really good offset for stable rail tricks
    Good to know your opinion on the Harris wheels. I'm putting together my first legit freestyle set up as opposed to the hybrid I was skating before and was considering those.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Hey Rev j! Life has been crazy busy, sorry haven't had a chance to get back to you sooner.

Really appreciate the input Mario. I ended up picking up a new Sassi deck and some rollerbones from decomposed. Almost got the Harris wheels, maybe next time.

Earth Punk

Yeah man! I got a Witter Cheng deck of eBay for $16 plus shipping. I'm piecemieling out the parts. Next check I'm getting the griptape, coffin screws, Casper grip and skids.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

We need more posts.