For the Beginner Rider

Thread: For the Beginner Rider

Default For the Beginner Rider

I know riding simply brings a lot of Fun. That's really great specially freestyle riding. Some of my friends often go for downhill longboarding. But i am very initial state and use a old board as a daily commuter to my college. Recently i decide to learn freestyle riding but can't select a suitable board for me. Some of my friends offer me to purchase sector 9 Drop-through skateboard but I don't like the model and they are the high price. I am here to get some suggestions for selecting a perfect and affordable board for me.

1. which brand will be suitable for freestyle ride?

2. Which type deck I should select- Drop-through or Pintail?

3. Can I have a better board at a reasonable price?

Gravity Slave Moderator

I don't think you will get much longboard freestyle advice here. Try SilverfishLongboarding for that. There are a couple here that skate old school freestyle with narrower decks and shorter wheelbase, flat ground skating, not hill drifting..

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I don't think you will get much longboard freestyle advice here. Try SilverfishLongboarding for that. There are a couple here that skate old school freestyle with narrower decks and shorter wheelbase, flat ground skating, not hill drifting..
    Thaks for your advice I want to buy this one. How will be that?

can you pease tell me about the benefits of a bamboo Longboards. I am waiting here.

don't worry about it I have invited my other friends to help me here in this thread.

Gravity Slave Moderator

YW, there aren't any active longboard folks here. We're mostly regular skaters, street, park, flat ground tricks.

Earth Punk

I always wondered what a freestyle longboard was. I know what it is in regular skating but that was a mystery to me.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

so you are regular skaters. no problem I like skating also. tell me a better skateboard for a beginner. weight 149 lbs and medium height.
    What board do you ride?
    https://longboardsreview.com

Earth Punk

Yeah, well sort of.

I think I'm the only dedicated flatland freestyle skater who regularly posts on here. You've seen the videos of Kilian Martin and Don Brown I posted in that other thread. That is the style of skating that I do. Without going too much detail about the differences between set ups a freestyle board is smaller generally in the 7" to 7.5" range with less concave and is designed/set up to not only do tricks off the wheels like a typical street skater but off the edges, balancing on the tail/nose, and with the board halfway flipped over. Here is another example:

Anyway There are only a handful of small companies still making the decks and wheels for that style. Decomposed Skates, Mode, Moonshine, and Sk8 Kings come to mind.

You can usually get good deals on components or even completes by going to their respective websites or going to eBay and searching "Freestyle Skateboard in Outdoor Sports."

As for my set up right now I'm skating a Decomposed Witter Cheng deck, with Ace 00 trucks, and Momentum/Skull Skates Kevin Harris wheels.

If stuff like that video looks like something you want to try even though I pretty much suck at it I can give you a few pointers about set up.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Yeah, well sort of.

I think I'm the only dedicated flatland freestyle skater who regularly posts on here. You've seen the videos of Kilian Martin and Don Brown I posted in that other thread. That is the style of skating that I do. Without going too much detail about the differences between set ups a freestyle board is smaller generally in the 7" to 7.5" range with less concave and is designed/set up to not only do tricks off the wheels like a typical street skater but off the edges, balancing on the tail/nose, and with the board halfway flipped over. Here is another example:

Anyway There are only a handful of small companies still making the decks and wheels for that style. Decomposed Skates, Mode, Moonshine, and Sk8 Kings come to mind.

You can usually get good deals on components or even completes by going to their respective websites or going to eBay and searching "Freestyle Skateboard in Outdoor Sports."

As for my set up right now I'm skating a Decomposed Witter Cheng deck, with Ace 00 trucks, and Momentum/Skull Skates Kevin Harris wheels.

If stuff like that video looks like something you want to try even though I pretty much suck at it I can give you a few pointers about set up.
    Excellent Performance, I really astonished.

Onece i have tried but It seem so deficult for doing trick with a Pintail board. I think spintail are mostly suitable for Cruising and amy be Drop-through or Drop-down are suitable for the speed shaking Downhill riders.

i am new in this group ,, i want to learn skating too .. my fav sport