Coastal adventures

Thread: Coastal adventures

Global Moderator

Default Coastal adventures

A friend of mine has been working at various state parks through the past couple years, and his previous park and current park have both been in the coastal region (The first being actually on the outer banks....miss having the spot to stay on the islands, but he's only an hour inland now so it's still not too bad)

And a final one I took of the man himself while he was taking us around a more off-the-grid section of the park
    Last edited by Shorty's_Kid; 08-09-2016 at 11:17 PM.

Scrubs Nerd

Those parks look so sick. Wish we had something similar around here. I'd just hang out there all the time.

Cafe Fuzz

Hell yeah that's cool as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    I'd just hang out there all the time.
    Until your 400th mosquito bite in 5 minutes haha

but good shit man!

Retired Staff

Zika!

Pictures of your future children when they grow up:

afa6372368c867b04f954156ad096a10.jpg

Just kidding. It looks like a chill place to go hang out.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

There are at least 25 people in Durham with Zika, bringing it in from other places. It's only a matter of time before the mosquitoes become carriers. Betting by mid spring/early summer next year it will be all over the US and Canada

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by kk360 View Post
    Those parks look so sick. Wish we had something similar around here. I'd just hang out there all the time.
    First photo is actually right in the middle of a town called Manteo on roanoke island, otherwise known as the location of the lost colony (Not sure how much US history you guys learn up there, but long story short, it was a late 1500's english settlement that literally disappeared and we still don't really know what happened to it). The photos of the trees as well as the lake/pier were all in Pettigrew state park, and the photo of the monument on a hill is in Wright Brothers National Memorial in a town called Kill Devil Hills, where the first successful flight of an airplane took place. There's a really insane amount of history in dare county, and drop a marker into any random location and it's probably a pretty view too. Love it out there.

Global Moderator

Man, that little park in Manteo is so fun. Brings back some memories! I loved that little QP that is super steep, I ate shit on that thing so much but it was the best!

The first time I ever went to OBX I stayed at this house with a group of friends and the first night got a little too wild and this guy almost fell off the third story roof and then proceeded to kicked the guy in the balls who saved him. Obviously a couple seconds later he was bleeding and had a broken rib. Cops ended up having to come and I bailed since I was like 15-16, no car though so I just walked. Ended up finding some of my other friends (it was "beach week" the first summer after school, everyone goes down there) and crashing on their couch haha. Long story short, ended up going to Manteo that next morning at sunrise and skating all morning.

Global Moderator

Haha dude I love manteo park! It's so little bit so fun, I got WRECKED on the steep QP in the back you're talking about. But that ledge on the other side of the park is so fun, it's so long you just grind for days haha.