Figured I'd start posting some of my photos too

Thread: Figured I'd start posting some of my photos too

Global Moderator

Default Figured I'd start posting some of my photos too

I take a ton of photos with film cameras, I develop and scan everything myself. I have a collection of well over 100 film cameras, ranging from old Kodak Brownie box cameras to pre-WWII German Leica cameras to some analog cameras that have been made in the last couple years.

These photos are from my first roll through my Canon AE-1 Program. It's a staple to most collectors that I just recently acquired with a 28mm, 50mm and a 130mm lens for a total of $25. The images were shot on Kodak TMAX 100 and developed in Rodinal.

Right now I'm shooting some slide film through this camera, so hopefully I'll have some nice color photos to post soon!

I'd love any critiques!

Beautiful Loser

not much to critique. composition on the first one feels a bit uneasy but that's a style. the other ones totally look nice but they're mainly close-ups of faces and flowers so it's hard to find anything worth arguing. composition on the second one is rad. i like that you picked quiet and peaceful subjects

Retired Staff

You do have a great eye.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Thanks guys!

I have spent the last 3 years acquiring gear and understanding how to use everything and how to get development and the whole process down and now I feel like I really need to work on the photography side of things. I have hundreds of strips of negatives but nothing I really like. Hoping to change that!

Beautiful Loser

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    I have hundreds of strips of negatives but nothing I really like.
    you'll be stoked on them in a few years. sometimes the best photos that end up growing on you are the ones you don't like to begin with.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    you'll be stoked on them in a few years. sometimes the best photos that end up growing on you are the ones you don't like to begin with.
    I know man! I'll post something I'm like semi-hyped on to Instagram or Reddit and nothing. Then I'll post something I'm not crazy about and it'll get way more attention, weird how that works!

Global Moderator

Couple of Polaroids from this past weekend. Went camping down in Hatteras for 3 nights. Nothing special but just got a new SX-70 and took a couple shots to test it! (Could definitely use a cleaning on the rollers!)