New board advice - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New board advice

Earth Punk

I can see some possible issues with that:

1) Even though the dimensions might be right in terms of length, width, wheelbase etc. The mounting pattern might be for old school trucks which will severely limit what you can use for trucks.

2) The concave might be uncomfortable. A concave that feels good on an 8" board might feel a little steep on a 7.3".

3) Time and effort. You know the old saying, "Time is money." How much effort do you want to put into it and how much payoff do you think you will get from it?

IMHO it would be wiser to spring the $30ish on a brand new Decomposed from eBay.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I can see some possible issues with that:

1) Even though the dimensions might be right in terms of length, width, wheelbase etc. The mounting pattern might be for old school trucks which will severely limit what you can use for trucks.

2) The concave might be uncomfortable. A concave that feels good on an 8" board might feel a little steep on a 7.3".

3) Time and effort. You know the old saying, "Time is money." How much effort do you want to put into it and how much payoff do you think you will get from it?

IMHO it would be wiser to spring the $30ish on a brand new Decomposed from eBay.
    Point taken. Especially since, now that I've taken apart 2 boards to make balance boards, I've got a few extra sets of trucks sitting around...including one 4.3" set of Royals (perfect for freestyle).