Air and Space museum

Thread: Air and Space museum

Global Moderator

Default Air and Space museum

This past weekend work had me up in Philadelphia over my birthday weekend. My homie hit me up because he was flying into DC that day because later this week he's starting a tour with one of the bands he works for, and our itineraries lined up perfectly. He was gonna be landing as I was gonna be passing through DC anyway, so we hung out for a few hours and he took took me out to the newer air and space museum as a belated birthday gift. Really sick place! internet is killing the quality of some of these, but if anyone wants to see a full res version just let me know!

That's dope man, Musta been pretty cool to get up close to the blackbird and shuttle thingy
    when you fall, you gotta get back up to land the trick.

Global Moderator

Haha it was! That particular shuttle is a fairly special one, it's the shuttle that took the hubble telescope into space, orbited the earth over 5,000 times etc. Here's some info if you wanna read on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Discovery

The blackbird was definitely cool. So much cool stuff in there, couldn't possibly cover all of it in just a handful of photos

Global Moderator

You're photos are always sick man! I particularly like the second to the last one of the Discovery.

I need to go back to the Smithsonian Museums. I went when me and my girl first got together and we'd figure we'd be able to start early in the morning and be finished with everything we wanted to see by the end of the day... hahaha. Not even close.

Global Moderator

Dude speaking of the smithsonians i want to go back up and visit the new african american history museum. That is SUCH an important museum for us to have, I'm genuinely so stoked to see it one day

Retired Staff

^I'd like to see that and the skateboarding exhibit.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Dude speaking of the smithsonians i want to go back up and visit the new african american history museum. That is SUCH an important museum for us to have, I'm genuinely so stoked to see it one day
    I had a friend that was at the opening ceremony the other day and saw Obama's speak, pretty cool stuff!!

Also, they took a church bell from a church near my place there last week or the week before to go on display!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    ^I'd like to see that and the skateboarding exhibit.
    Not sure if it's still up, they rotate stuff there a lot. but I was there for the opening ceremony of that! Complete accident, we were just skating in DC and turned a corner and saw Kyle Berard on a bench (I've met him a couple times so I went to say what's up) and he was sitting with Chris Haslam so we talked for a minute and then he told us about the opening ceremony that was about to start so we walked over there and saw Tony Hawk skating.We ended up meeting up with the social media director for Tum Yeto (who my friend was riding for at the time) so we got to go chill in their section and stuff. It was pretty cool!

Retired Staff

That's cool dude.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J